Rate my Prot Warrior

ooook, so im wondering if yall have any suggestions as to enchants/gems/gear im using. I woln't pretend to be well geared.. because im not. I just need some friendly advise as to where i need to go.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Rustybrisket

Re: Rate my Prot Warrior

Looks good except for the 10+ to all stats gem, I'd most likely get something different, but I guess it's a matter of taste, not a huge upgrade atleast.

Other than that, just start getting some upgrades from ToC25 / ICC10/25 and VoA10/25 8)

Quote Originally Posted by nexz
    Looks good except for the 10+ to all stats gem, I'd most likely get something different, but I guess it's a matter of taste, not a huge upgrade atleast.

Other than that, just start getting some upgrades from ToC25 / ICC10/25 and VoA10/25 8)
    Thank you sir, for your reply.

The +10 gem was to keep my meta up, and i will look into a better one to use. As for the raids i do as much as i can, but limited to pretty much exclusively pugs... hence the abundance of badge gear

Get tuskarr's vitality to boots asap.

I would try out mongoose, armor on cloak, speed/stam on boots, and an alternative hand enhancement. Can't recall exact numbers but I would look at using the 245 vendor ring rather than the rep one at your current rep level.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Get yourself expertised capped 26 your at 11
    Tuskars on boots
    Cloak 225 armor
    Chest 275 HP or +10 stats
    Shield 18 stam
    I heard bladeward is a junk enchant mongoose or weapon chain for hit cap. I wont do accuracy 25crit rating is junk and makes little difference.
    You way over defense cap is why you should change out enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowen
    I would try out mongoose, armor on cloak, speed/stam on boots, and an alternative hand enhancement. Can't recall exact numbers but I would look at using the 245 vendor ring rather than the rep one at your current rep level.
    I will defiantly look into that. I didnt know there was an armor enchant for cloaks, ill look as soon as i can.

Is it worth losing 5stam for the minor speed increase? and what hand enchant do you refer to?

I actually have that ring in my bag... Though i was told by a guildie that i should keep the other? Though he may have ben looking at ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by deathwish5
    Get yourself expertised capped 26 your at 11
    Tuskars on boots
    Cloak 225 armor
    Chest 275 HP or +10 stats
    Shield 18 stam
    I heard bladeward is a junk enchant mongoose or weapon chain for hit cap. I wont do accuracy 25crit rating is junk and makes little difference.
    You way over defense cap is why you should change out enchants.
    Thanks for the reply first of all. and yes I know im way low on exp, but im at a loss as to how to get more of it. As for my weapon enchant, what does mongoose do for me exactly? and i think im already hit capped?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBucket
    Thanks for the reply first of all. and yes I know im way low on exp, but im at a loss as to how to get more of it. As for my weapon enchant, what does mongoose do for me exactly? and i think im already hit capped?
    Mongoose gives you 120 agility when it procs. That becomes dodge and armor. I don't know the exact amount of the top of my head but it's a nice amount. The uptime on the proc is decent as well so it is almost always happening. It also has a small haste buff, which just ends up being a little bonus.

As for you using 10stats for the meta, you don't need to. You have an exp/stam gem which covers your red requirement. I personally use agil/stam for my red but the exp/stam one is fine.

You might also want to consider the +armor to cape over the def one.

Otherwise, youre looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS
    Mongoose gives you 120 agility when it procs. That becomes dodge and armor. I don't know the exact amount of the top of my head but it's a nice amount. The uptime on the proc is decent as well so it is almost always happening. It also has a small haste buff, which just ends up being a little bonus.

As for you using 10stats for the meta, you don't need to. You have an exp/stam gem which covers your red requirement. I personally use agil/stam for my red but the exp/stam one is fine.

You might also want to consider the +armor to cape over the def one.

Otherwise, youre looking good.
    Awesome, haha ;D Also how good is the blood draining enchant?

Blood is good, but you should never drop that low for it to be really anywhere near effective.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBucket
    Awesome, haha ;D Also how good is the blood draining enchant?
    What the above poster said has weight but is not entirely spot on. Some bosses just hit that hard and you will dip, regardless of healers, to below the mark to proc it. How often this happens or how fast you can gain a full stack of 5, is the real concern of the validity of the enchant for me. I used Blood and Blade both throughout Ulduar for a little over a month on each enchant. I just found them seriously lacking but again that is just me. Some people swear Blade is awesome and EJs shows with numbers on a spreadsheet that Blood is the best to tank with. I make my enchant decision here from my understanding of how I play, what I need to succeed and who I play with. I find mongoose to be the far superior enchant available. The only time I dont wear the goose is when I'm somehow below 200 hit rating and then i toss on accuracy.