Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Greatest accomplishment in WoW

What you think is impressive may be crap to someone else, just as what they think is impressive may be crap to you. For me, impressive is my Yogg-Saron kill, as it was our server second, alliance first kill. We also got the "Nobody goes insane" achievment (forgot the name). Of course, to any hardcores, Yogg-Saron normal mode is cakewalk. They think of Algalon as hard, and I haven't even done him.

TL;DR
    Impressive is subject to the interpretation of the viewer.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Well already did 2! Gonna make the third in near future.

1)Bought human horse mount (60% one ofc, in vanilla) as night elf! So yeah the human horse was my first mount as NE! =)
    2)Quited WoW. (not for some reason, just ehm....just quit)

3)I have to farm money for fresh acc +TBC+WoTLK+Cata...

That's it =)

10+ Year Old Account

tribute to insanity 10 man
    ....................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Miled995
    What you think is impressive may be crap to someone else, just as what they think is impressive may be crap to you. For me, impressive is my Yogg-Saron kill, as it was our server second, alliance first kill. We also got the "Nobody goes insane" achievment (forgot the name). Of course, to any hardcores, Yogg-Saron normal mode is cakewalk. They think of Algalon as hard, and I haven't even done him.

TL;DR
    Impressive is subject to the interpretation of the viewer.
    Yeah but there are things that end up being impressive and stay that way. A server second isn't impressive because someone already beat you to it. World first kills aren't even impressive anymore because theres barely no gap between when others kill it as well. Basically a world first is whatever guild can gather 25 people and make it to the encounter and give it a few attempts.

There are things that remain impressive but there is likely a huge gimmick attached to them. Herald of the Titans is one of my favorite ideas. The Immortal title from Naxx, even by todays gear standards...its impressive when a raid of 25 people...you dont have 1 idiot who managed to stand still on Heigans fight. Even more impressive is the no dying achievement for Ulduar...I have yet to come accross anyone with the title.

I am also impressed by some of the things people pull off for videos. Best thing I have ever seen was Serenity Now ganking the hell out of that E-funeral a few years back. Impressive how perfectly timed it was.

Tribute to immortality, by far the hardest achievement out there atm.

and Insane in the membrane takes rediculus amount of time to accomplish.

also getting teh rank 1 titles in arena, merciles/vengeful/brutal/deadly/vengeful/relentless gladiator are great pvp acomplishments!
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Everyday I login, read trade's various anal/yo mama spams, hear gearscores quoted for heroics, achievements demanded for simple instances and am berated time and again by people complaining the game is too easy when they haven't even done the things they claim are so simple. Every week I show up to raids that are either bugged out, laggy, filled with incompetent people or arrogant jackasses. I hear grown men that live at home and have never worked argue with 12yo kids about what kind of dress is better for their elves to be throwing fireballs at people in. I hear people raging with more furor and conviction than the most devout priest that complicated systems of gathering, endless routines of farming the same thing over and over to get to something different for a minor upgrade in a game they -deep down- despise were actually BETTER 4+ years ago when they were even more monolithic, complex and exclusionist. I see people deriding those more successful as 'facerollers' that play 'unskilled and overpowered' classes or specs while, in the same tirade, mocking those less rated/geared as noobs undeserving of content/titles/whatever.

My accomplishment is that I manage to not pity the fate of humanity where this choking morass of hatred, insecurity, deceit and rampant stupidity is a game played for entertainment.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Soloing Hogger at level 10 as a mage.
    Or any hardmode, or doing raids with unusual setups, eg all palas or all druids, or any time-consuming acheivment. eg 100 mounts.
    Pretty much anything can be an accomplishment in WoW, except for RNG based things.

Any mounts I got I was extremely excited and felt like ive accomplished something.(only the first time around though).
    My 60% mount, my 100% mount and my 60% flyer all got me really excited.
    And of course making it from 1 to 80 on my first character.

Deleted

inventing the word ThunderFuck

and server first illidan. Wooyeh!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium*
    inventing the word ThunderFuck
    Hell yea! I love it in PvP, especially on AB and EotS. So fun when your gonna die and you use it, and there like "wtfomgidenao"

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Flying in to the Silver Enclave in Dalaran with a bunch of guildies with loads of white smoke flares and nuking that place in white gas.... fun times.