Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unyeilding Faith vs Divine Intellect for Ret

So what I want to know is this; why do people spec into Unyielding Faith and not just take the extra Int? How many encounters in ICC do you spend feared or disoriented? I can't think of any.

- Maybe the Tactician's sap in the Blood Wing counts? But that usually gets put on a tank.
    - Does it reduce the Blood Queen's fear when she goes up into the air?

vs.

- Extra int for off heals on Dreamwalker. Sure it's not much but I did 2k hps with flash of light spam on my art of war procs between waves of trash so I must be doing something right.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Unyeilding Faith vs Divine Intellect for Ret

Are you serious ? Divine Intellect is useless as ret because even with 5/5 you will only get a couple hundred mana at most, even fully raid buffed. Your much better off spending 3 points in healing light for the extra 12% effect on your flash of light & holy light heals. Sure as ret you are not a main healer but its much more useful in the off chance you need to toss a heal in an oh sh!t moment then that extra 100-400 mana will during the whole raid.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Don't spec divine int. Above post is completly correct.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Increased % intellect is only useful if you have intellect.

Guess what.

Rets are dumb.

(see what I did there?)

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    Your much better off spending 3 points in healing light for the extra 12% effect on your flash of light & holy light heals.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

To be honest I do have the tendency to get very very low on mana on many bossfights nowdays, sometimes running out when I have to use a lot of tools outside of the DPS 'rotation'. I picked up a couple of pionts of devine intellect (3 to be exact) to get that little extra buffer, and I really dont see the benefit of getting more healing umph into my flashes compared to keeping the DPS rolling (ret's primary task)

Valhuur was holy now prot in cata

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    Are you serious ? Divine Intellect is useless as ret because even with 5/5 you will only get a couple hundred mana at most, even fully raid buffed. Your much better off spending 3 points in healing light for the extra 12% effect on your flash of light & holy light heals. Sure as ret you are not a main healer but its much more useful in the off chance you need to toss a heal in an oh sh!t moment then that extra 100-400 mana will during the whole raid.
    250 mana FULLY buffed
    flash heal critting for 6k and giving you a sexy HoT is pure win
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver
    - Maybe the Tactician's sap in the Blood Wing counts? But that usually gets put on a tank.
    - Does it reduce the Blood Queen's fear when she goes up into the air?
    yes, Blind/sap count has disorient
    and
    yes

I see none of you spec into aura mastery. Any particular reason for that?

It seems as ret right now we are basically stuck with spending points in otherwise useless talents.

Divine Intellect - Very limited to its stat bonus.

Healing light - I throw off heals once in a while, Dreamwalker is the example already mentioned.

Unyielding faith - Extremely limited situational use.

Divine purpose - What stuns are there to break in ICC? Doesn't work on Tear Gas and Doesn't work on green oozes in the Putricide encounter.

I just don't think the cookie cutter 5/7/59 build that was popular for TOC has any place in ICC. At least you could break out of Icehowl's freeze and FC stuns.

The only thing I can see is dropping Pursuit of justice to get aura mastery and Vindication for a perfect ICC build.

Or going Healing light/Unyielding faith and keeping pursuit of justice.

i took vindication and some divinity, i feel that atm the last 7 points are essentially aesthetics tbh.

I'm ready to respec back into AM if it's any use (more than once every 4h at best, i mean)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

The reason some ret's spec into it is so they can get to tier 3 of the holy tree to pick up Aura Mastery. Fact.

Mainly if your raid only takes one holy paladin.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    I went 3/3 Healing Light for Dreamwalker and because I am susceptible to death :X and 2/2 Unyielding Faith for obvious purposes, however rare. Originally I'd gone 5/5 Divine Intellect as I was afraid I'd go oom with 2p, but that's turned out to not be an issue.
    think about it...divine int will give you a few 100 mana. does that save you from going oom?

c'mon..keep thinking...

i bet you got it figured out by now, if not then there is no hope for you left my dear friend...

10+ Year Old Account

does AM increse the ret tree aura bonuses? (the 3% haste and 3% increased damage) or just the damage/armor/resist/silence portions.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    think about it...divine int will give you a few 100 mana. does that save you from going oom?

c'mon..keep thinking...

i bet you got it figured out by now, if not then there is no hope for you left my dear friend...
    its a lot more than 100 mana fully raid buffed...

and although small it does increase spell damage of things like consecrate.

either way its a passive buff that is doing SOMETHING 100% of the time versus the other choices which do nothing to help you in most encounters.

i've already noticed some of the other ret's in the top guilds on my server starting to switch over to the spec ive been using for a while now with 5/5 divine intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    does AM increse the ret tree aura bonuses? (the 3% haste and 3% increased damage) or just the damage/armor/resist/silence portions.
    just the base aura ability not the abilities you talent into.

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    no it does not increase any of the talented bonuses like haste, increased damage, or extra healing. it only increases the "stock" or untalented bonuses of the auras which are: armor, damage on hit, resistances, pushback, and mount speed increase.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

its a lot more than 100 mana fully raid buffed...

and although small it does increase spell damage of things like consecrate.

either way its a passive buff that is doing SOMETHING 100% of the time versus the other choices which do nothing to help you in most encounters.

i've already noticed some of the other ret's in the top guilds on my server starting to switch over to the spec ive been using for a while now with 5/5 divine intellect.

just the base aura ability not the abilities you talent into.
    first off, he said "a few 100", not "100" mana.

Second off, I would like for you to explain how a ret pally gets spell power from intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    He was probably referring to the tiny amount of spell crit intellect grants.
    I thought that at first too, but he specifically refers to consecrate, which is incapable of crits ?.?

Spell dmg, spell crit, I meant a small damage increase and I made a mistake using consecrate as an example. Never said spell power.

In any case this thread has pretty much served its purpose seeing as how no one can really argue with or against what to use.

Does no one raid with crusade tanks anymore? the debuff should be kept up by them for the AP reduct & increased crit

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    Does no one raid with crusade tanks anymore? the debuff should be kept up by them for the AP reduct & increased crit
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...2u84Ejb,,11403

That's what I tank with.

10+ Year Old Account

Why in the name of whatever deity you believe in would you get 3/5 in reckoning but skip over divine sacrifice & divine guardian, sure it might be a slight threat buff but we dont need extra threat & ds/dg is godly no mater where you are.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.