Thread: ICC 25, tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: ICC 25, tank

Ahhh, understood.

Yeah, I tend to forget my CDs as well, but I've trained myself to hit them more often. And someone needs to tell your healers their job is to spam more =P

I have three trinkets, the two brewfest and the glyph. I almost always run brew/glyph because incoming physical damage is the biggest threat and the armor will reduce more than the stam adds. In magic fights I switch to double stam and keep a finger on the AMS button at all times.

I'd been considering a few changes to my spec, but most of the changes I'd been considering involved dumping Rune Tap altogether. I'll give that another look. Maybe something like this?

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

My glyphs right now are Vamp Blood, DnD, and Rune Strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    All you're really going to gain is a slightly higher rank on world of logs, which is fine if that's what you're into. You know what I'm into? AFKing in dalaran while hot bitties swoon around me and my good looks.

Dumping rune tap is not a bad thing, I've done it a few times myself.

Spell deflection is not worth it. Seriously, there is no reason to ever take it.

Personally, I like to have death rune mastery. I know the argument out there to skip it since if you're spamming death strike it's redundant, but I run glyph of disease. So having death runes means I can screw up my rotation and still always have a rune ready to refresh. It also allows me to switch to heart strike spam if I don't need the extra healing from death strike.

I also like to have hysteria in the build. I don't use it on myself, but the highest physical DPS. It's like bringing a one man heroism to the fight.

I tend to skip SoB as well, since I don't have RP issues. YMMV on this one.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...3jLOrT8,,11403 is the spec I run in right now. I was running without rune tap through ICC, but I'm picking it up again for VDW as every little bit of healing the healers don't use on me helps.

I'll take your word on spell deflection, and I can see the wisdom in Rune Tap; combo'd with Vamp Blood it could prevent a wipe (as long as I remember it's there). My time DPS'ing as blood make me want to pick up DR Mastery, but I really think I'd rather spam DS. Anything for more heals, I suppose. And since I don't run GoD, I don't run into the problems with my rotation. And I don't USUALLY run out of RP, but those few times I've mashed my CDs and realized just before biting a huge hit that I'm out of RP always come to mind when I consider dropping SoB.

How's this change? Picked up Hysteria, and also Mark of Blood, which might help out a little bit.

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000
    All you're really going to gain is a slightly higher rank on world of logs, which is fine if that's what you're into. You know what I'm into? AFKing in dalaran while hot bitties swoon around me and my good looks.

Mark of blood is another talent like Spell Deflection. It looks good until you use it. Because of the 20 charges, it usually burns itself out in one tick of a raidwide dot (since so many bosses have those now) or winds up lasting through its time limit without doing much since damage is coming from external sources (EG environmental damage in Rotface).

For the cooldowns, a good idea is to use IBF and AMS with horn of winter.

My best advice I can give you is run with a log parser. Pick your spec, practice it, and see how it plays in real life scenarios. I can usually tell after a day of raiding what in my spec was useless and what was doing really well. And what I can't see, a parser can tell me.

Sounds good, I'll play with a few of those extra points.