Thread: Cho'gall-C'thun

15+ Year Old Account

Cho'gall-C'thun

Okay, so until now i didnt beleive in Cho'gall as a lore charactor, that was changed by reading wowiki(my main source of info). And there it said "Cho'gall began the resurrection of his new master - the Old God C'Thun. This deformed the ogre's body which became monstrous and with features similar to his master's." and i thought that mabey what we fought in AQ wasnt C'thun,but just Cho'gall pretending to be C'thun (im unaware of the time period of his actions). However for those beleiveing that Cho'gall is currently ressurection C'thun are wrong, he is dead, Me'dan killed him with Ateish.

This being said, would it be a plausable theory?

Re: Cho'gall-C'thun

We killed cthun. Not chogall "yet". Chogall rezzing his master is after the inital killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma6987

IT WAS UP HILL BOTH WAYS IN FREEZING FROST SHOCKS AND VIOLENT 2HAND WINDFURY CRITS WHILE BEING REPEATEDLY AMBUSHED, BACKSTABBED, AND SAPPED THE WHOLE WAY! AND WE DIDN'T COMPLAIN! ([size=6pt]we did.[/size]) WE LIKED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Anguish
    We killed cthun. Not chogall "yet". Chogall rezzing his master is after the inital killing.
    Anyone who thinks we "killed" Cthun really does not understand how old gods work.

I mean, honestly, if the freakin TITANS themselves could not Kill the old gods (for fear of destroying the planet) what makes you think a group of 40 random heroes is going to do much more then inconvenience them?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Anyone who thinks we "killed" Cthun really does not understand how old gods work.
    We "killed" his body, we don't know exactly how to permanently end one is my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma6987

IT WAS UP HILL BOTH WAYS IN FREEZING FROST SHOCKS AND VIOLENT 2HAND WINDFURY CRITS WHILE BEING REPEATEDLY AMBUSHED, BACKSTABBED, AND SAPPED THE WHOLE WAY! AND WE DIDN'T COMPLAIN! ([size=6pt]we did.[/size]) WE LIKED IT!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anguish
    We "killed" his body, we don't know exactly how to permanently end one is my understanding.
    Actually we do, it would just end up killing the planet in the process. Like a parasite the old gods have attached themselves to the vital organs of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account

No - these events occurred while the Alliance and Horde were distracted by events in Northrend (Scourge, Malygos and otherwise) if I remember the smatterings of comics/wowwiki I have read correctly.

Destroying the planet - minor inconvenience, just fly away on a repaired Exodar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    No - these events occurred while the Alliance and Horde were distracted by events in Northrend (Scourge, Malygos and otherwise) if I remember the smatterings of comics/wowwiki I have read correctly.

Destroying the planet - minor inconvenience, just fly away on a repaired Exodar!
    Oooh sorry, the repaired Exodar is draeni only. Lesser races not allowed.

Well, as if you would not crash into the next island with your giant flying ship. I mean, islands are totally a major obstacle when trying to fly around, those things are everywhere. It is totally not a sign of total incompetence to ram one with your Spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger
    Oooh sorry, the repaired Exodar is draeni only. Lesser races not allowed.

Seeing as how the Draenai have crashed every single freakin' ship they ever piloted, I'd rather ride on a rocket built and driven by goblins, tyvm.
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid..."
    -A. Einstein.

Also, consider the fact that (http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Cho%27ga...sformation.jpg) doesn't depict him as looking like C'thun. Again, sharing features sure, but we would have been able to tell the difference.

15+ Year Old Account

once agin i will remind you, you can not kill the body or soul of a old god,their tenticals are too deep in the core of azeroth, and killing their body would in turn kill the tenticles and in turn destroy azeroth, it hasnt happened and wont.

i figured out the chronology, C'thun is traped under AQ->We defeat him and drive his eye into the ground,not killing him->Cho'gall gets trapped there->Cho'gall gets killed by Med'an

As I remember it, the problem the Titans had was simply they were too powerful. Their method was blast everything with nukes, type of deal. Something like that would destroy the planet, yes.

It's never been said, however, if us mere mortals were to band together and go after the vital parts of the Old Gods like a surgical laser and kill them without destroying their physical bodies, what effect that would have.

I love the whole "The Titans couldn't do it, so we can't" bit because it deals with everything on a planetary, macroscopic scale and not the individual, microscopic scale.

That said, I agree that we probably cannot ever truly kill them.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

15+ Year Old Account

Some fun info.. as of WoW number 25... [Spoiler] Cho"gall is dead and garona is going twilight hammer huntin'"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Okay, so until now i didnt beleive in Cho'gall as a lore charactor, that was changed by reading wowiki(my main source of info). And there it said "Cho'gall began the resurrection of his new master - the Old God C'Thun. This deformed the ogre's body which became monstrous and with features similar to his master's." and i thought that mabey what we fought in AQ wasnt C'thun,but just Cho'gall pretending to be C'thun (im unaware of the time period of his actions). However for those beleiveing that Cho'gall is currently ressurection C'thun are wrong, he is dead, Me'dan killed him with Ateish.

This being said, would it be a plausable theory?
    Yes. But we killed C'thun on accident when he was pretending to be Hogger in a perfect illusion.