Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Blood Queen Lana'thel

It is purely on threat. The MT needs to be no1 OT no2 and whoever is 3rd will be bitten. If your DPS jumps above the OT into the no2 spot it will jump randomly (we found it biting people using misdirects and nowhere near the top of the threat).

So long as you keep your MT and OT at no1 and no2 threat then whoever is no3 will ALWAYS get bitten. It is not damage done it is not some weird calculation. Remember blizzard made this game for retards enough and it seems a simple mechanic like this is still not being understood.

I would also suggest you have a melee bitten first to save a little down time on her movement and then that melee can bite a ranged. You can then spread the bite out between ranged and melee.

Just bumping this threat~ I added an edit to it to answer some questions.
    ohi

Just a couple quick questions here:

1. Is it pretty much a guaranteed wipe at 5mins due to enrage, because I heard of people letting the first person bitten to die to allow for a more flexible enrage timer? But looking at times/bites, by the time 16 people are ready to bite 16 more, 5 mins is long and gone?

2. How strict is the dps requirement? Our latest Festergut kill had our raid dps at approx 150k.

its tough to calculate the exact dps required for this as your dps continually ramps up as more are bitten, and you're probably saving BL for when the max number of people have the buff

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy85
    Just a couple quick questions here:

1. Is it pretty much a guaranteed wipe at 5mins due to enrage, because I heard of people letting the first person bitten to die to allow for a more flexible enrage timer? But looking at times/bites, by the time 16 people are ready to bite 16 more, 5 mins is long and gone?

2. How strict is the dps requirement? Our latest Festergut kill had our raid dps at approx 150k.
    1) It used to be like that. You would let one of 4 vampires die (1-2-4-3-6-12-24) however they changed the Essence / Enrage timer to stop this. Now you just bite and won't let anyone die.

2) It is pretty strict compared to Festergut. I posted a log in my first reply to this thread. You can have a look at it to get a general idea, she was ~4 seconds to Enrage if I remember correctly.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kyul
    EDIT: First off - Hunters using deterrence worked well, thankyou!

For all those wondering whether or not the first bite is based of threat or DMG done - it IS threat. We always have Tank #1 and OT #2 and then our warrior at #3. To confirm this - last night we did a 10 man, and I guess I got a little too carried away at the beginning throwing tons of HOTS out, etc. Anyways, my threat got extremely high [lol, I'd never had this problem before- but it was a good learning experience] and I was the first one to receive the bite. I play a resto druid... I hadn't even done 1 DMG on Lana'Thel ~ so that kind of confirms the first bite is with threat, not DMG.
    [/i]
    Regardless of how the bite work (Threat/Damage) is really pointless, its nice to know sure.. The classes that should be getting bit first in your guild should be some of your highest DPS.. your MT/OT should be pushing the #1/2 slot after threat should be one of your top four (#1-4) DPS.

The key to BQL is managing the bites and adapting to unexpected events. If someone in your bite order dies and a BR is unavailable then someone in your raid needs to make a call on who they are biting.

- - - TIPS! - - -
    1: Organize everything!
    Bite Order/Contingency Plans/Ect and make each person communicate with the people they have to bite. Do not leave anything up to chance.

2: Use the list I provided above populate it appropriately for your guild.
    It works well each person only has to worry about the people they have to bite. Everyone getting bit with the exception of 2 people only have to worry about 2 less bites. They need to communicate with their bite victims and arrange were and how they will meet up to execute the bite. (Some guilds make the victim run to the vampire others have the vampire run to the victim)

3: DONT GET MIND CONTROLLED!

Tell your raid members that if they get mind controlled they will be removed from the bite order or replaced, honestly there is no excuse for getting mind controlled. In a clean kill you only have 16 player bitten before the enrage. That leave 9 spare eligible targets (5-7 healers, 2 tanks and some unlucky DPS). If a player is incapable of executing the bite leave them to be bitten in in the 4th bite phase or remove them completely. (You think the boss hits hard you should see what a Gnome (fury) warrior does to healers when mind-controlled)

In my guild we have a few guidelines for handling the unexpected.
    1: If your bite target is DEAD when it is time to bit and you have not been given a NEW target prior to Frenzied Bloodthirst, you bite the nearest healer/tank and call it out!

2: If you get Pact of the Darkfallen at the same time you gain Frenzied Bloodthirst - Communicate with your next bite target if they cannot assist you in facilitating a bite, you bite the nearest Healer/Tank and call it out!

3: If you get Swarming Shadows at the same time you gain Frenzied Bloodthirst - Communicate with your next bite target if they cannot assist you in facilitating a bite, you bite the nearest Healer/Tank and call it out!

Any if anyone not on the bite list is bitten there needs to be adjustments made so the new vampire gets his targets to bite and avoid getting mind controlled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyul

For all those wondering whether or not the first bite is based of threat or DMG done - it IS threat. We always have Tank #1 and OT #2 and then our warrior at #3. To confirm this - last night we did a 10 man, and I guess I got a little too carried away at the beginning throwing tons of HOTS out, etc. Anyways, my threat got extremely high [lol, I'd never had this problem before- but it was a good learning experience] and I was the first one to receive the bite. I play a resto druid... I hadn't even done 1 DMG on Lana'Thel ~ so that kind of confirms the first bite is with threat, not DMG.
    i(a mage) have been first(above the tank), second, and third on aggro and gotten bit.
    i have also been first, second, and third on aggro and not gotten bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!