Low health vs high avoidance?

My main is a belf pally tank named Rekuz on Haomorush. the reason im telling you this is because i can not post my armory atm i was wondering what can i do to make my tank better. I find that i have very low health for a tank with my gear. Am i a high avoidance tank? Should i be worried about stacking alot more stam? help my out.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Low health vs high avoidance?

avoidance dont save you against magic damage

Stam > Avoidance in the long run. Don't stack stam blindly though, as that is stupid. The easiest way to manage stam and avoidance is with trinkets. Always have a bunch of trinkets to swap around for avoidance, mitigation, stam, or w/e. Gem stam and go for socket bonuses only if you don't lose too much to get it.

Don't really know what content you're running since you didn't post that information but Sindragosa and LK both have high magical damage amounts (Breaths and Soul Reaper specifically). Being the OT on BQL, avoidance doesn't do jack for you. Just examples on recent content where higher stamina is better than higher avoidance.

due to diminishing returns on avoidance now being a "high avoidance" tank really isn't possible, at best you'll end up gaining 5-6% avoidance and losing 10k health or something along those lines.

Under current mechanics no matter how much avoidance you attempt to stack you will still take hit strings, 3,4,5+ attacks landed in a row, our druid OT took 8 in a row from festergut the other day. your best bet for survival to to be able to take as much burst damage as you can without dying. This means stacking stam/armor depending on the source of the damage, armor is great for physical fights but meaningless for magic/bleed damage.

Do you want to have a CHANCE of dodge a train or being able to survive being hit by it?

Previous statement about the train may be true, but you don't want to just go stam without any thought about avoidance. They should go together hand in hand. You need to pretty much balance them both. After you get to a decent avoidance I would say around 49-51% then go all stam from that point.

Quote Originally Posted by john879
    Previous statement about the train may be true, but you don't want to just go stam without any thought about avoidance. They should go together hand in hand. You need to pretty much balance them both. After you get to a decent avoidance I would say around 49-51% then go all stam from that point.
    You get enough avoidance in your gear.

At the moment it goes like this:

Stamina>all

That's all you need to know.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh
    Do you want to have a CHANCE of dodge a train or being able to survive being hit by it?
    I'm pretty sure I could dodge a train and no amount of gems on my clothing is going to allow me to survive a direct impact. ;D

But yeah, stam stam stam nom nom nom.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    avoidance dont save you against magic damage
    mmmm anti magic shield.

<Insert Troll Picture Here>

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuk
    mmmm anti magic shield.
    wat
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

You stack stamina instead of stacking avoidance cuz it's better to survive the hit then have a change of avoid it...