Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Black Magic better than Berserking?

hey shamans/locks/mages/whatever the hell you all are, go back to posting on your respective class forums. you don't have any clue what you're talking about

Rogues don't use Rawr because it's terrible for us.
    Rogues use spreadsheets (the good ones, anyway) to figure out what's best.
    Rogues understand their own class and can help each other just fine without you coming in here and putting up a wall of text about how enh shamans can use BM etc etc maybe rogues can too. That doesn't add anything to the conversation tbh.

Poisons are indeed considered spell damage.
    250 haste is better than the 400 AP from berserking. But because it can't proc off both weapons, and the procrate is much lower due to it only proccing off of poisons, it is AND ALWAYS WILL BE terrible compared to berserking. And whoever is talking about mongoose being viable compared to berserking needs to go away.

Sorry if I sounded mean but I feel that this thread's useful information is lost amongst the pointless/unhelpful comments.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Who said you had to have a rogue to know a lot about black magic?
    No one, actually. He was just saying that this is a rogue forum so posting about how good it is for other classes doesn't really help the OP very much. But I'm glad your comment at least ties to rogues a little bit.

Thanks for the input Orionsoliara.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Who said you had to have a rogue to know a lot about black magic?

My main is enhance, when they made the change to black magic to be procing haste instead of a procing dot enhancers tested this enchant. It was determined that yes it could proc off the flametongue weapon imbue (which has always worked very similarly to poisons) but the ICD on the enchant made it worse than berserking. In fact like a lot of trinkets the proc chance is sufficiently high that the enchant will proc again almost immediately after its ICD is up, but even modeling it as a 100% proc chance after the end of the ICD made it an inferior enchant.
    I was actually referring to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadix
    I'm no rogue, but as a caster I did a bit of research into this enchant (and decided to get it). If the comments on wowhead are reliable, poisons do indeed proc Black Magic, however the proc does not stack and both weapons share the same ICD, so enchanting it on both weapons is a waste.
    Although the information is gladly received (especially the ICD & Weapons info), I fail to see the relevance of Black Magic for rogues from a casters point of view.

From a casters point of view Black Magic might be the best thing since sliced bread.
    From a rogues point of view, it's akin to bread mould (useful in certain situations you should never be in.....)

Mongoose really isn't that bad, the main issue is it crit caps most rogues. There was a period in T9 (pre major crit capping issues) where mongoose was actually found on a lot of rogues.

I do not believe any changes have been made to mongoose since that time.

For reference: My rogue (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ynn&cn=Vonlego -- May be in PvP gear) has a spread sheet dps of 11,424, but only loses 2 dps when switching either hand to mongoose. I am not currently running into any crit capping issues.

Vol your pvp gear is sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Orionsoliara
    Rogues understand their own class and can help each other just fine without you coming in here and putting up a wall of text about how enh shamans can use BM etc etc maybe rogues can too. That doesn't add anything to the conversation tbh.

Poisons are indeed considered spell damage.
    250 haste is better than the 400 AP from berserking. But because it can't proc off both weapons, and the procrate is much lower due to it only proccing off of poisons, it is AND ALWAYS WILL BE terrible compared to berserking. And whoever is talking about mongoose being viable compared to berserking needs to go away.
    You are sort of right, but for the wrong reasons.
    The procrate is NOT much lower due to only proccing off of poisons. Try it out sometime, got to a dummy, equip a weapon with black magic on it and count the milliseconds before it procs. Black Magic CAN proc off either weapon but you would never put it on both weapons, you would only put it on your offhand (if you were going to use it even though it is sub-optimal)

Here it is:
    The ONLY reason black magic is behind berserking is because black magic has a 35sec ICD, where as berserking has no ICD so it has a much higher uptime.