Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: STUNS - Still OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonaza
    Yeah that definitely would make sense. Think this: I hit you and you drop unconscious. I hit you some more and you wake up.
    I FEAR you beat the shit out of you and all of sudden you turn back on me, yeah right. I turn you into sheep stab you and shazam you're back to normal. I see no problem in waking up from unconsciousness after being hit, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie
    I said rogues vs plate + prot gear. Envenom rogues vs plate is really simple. Throw in decent prot gear (ToC 25+) and you'll have most of your attacks blocked, dodged, parried etc.
    Because rogues usually don't attack from behind.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    Why is it that Blizzard insists on protecting this ability? Most every other PvP CCs have been nerfed in some way while this one keeps getting overlooked. Whats there reasoning for letting someone be completely locked down by 1 Rogue from 100% to death? Why aren't they broken after a certain amount of damage is done?

This is the single biggest reason why I quit PvPing and pretty much the game.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Get gear and learn to play. Nuff' said
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Why aren't they broken after a certain amount of damage is done?
    Tell you what, you go get someone, anyone, and have them punch you in the kidneys and let them wail on you. Then you try to "break free" afterwords. Tell me how easy it is. Let's call it "A real life experiment to see if kidney shot works, irl"

10+ Year Old Account

What's the point in linking all of those? They're all on a shared cooldown.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sonaza
    Yeah that definitely would make sense. Think this: I hit you and you drop unconscious. I hit you some more and you wake up.
    Yeah bro, because everything else in this game makes sense, amirite? Mages conjuring food out of nothingness, Paladins being immune to a Warrior's melee swings with bubble up, but not when they throw their weapons at it, Druids summoning roots from beneath a bridge made of glass. These ALL I'm OK with, but damage breaking a stun affect?! NOW THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Also, stunned =! unconscious; go watch some MMA/boxing and you'll see there's a clear difference between the 2.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

the issue is probably that a rogue can kill you in his stuns, if you don't want to trinket the first 2, he will vanish and re-apply, then you trinket because you are at around mmmm 75-90%? ok, blind, wheres trinket? used on cheap. so here comes more stuns : ), its hard to recover from that. but you should not be fighting 1v1 either, if your whining about arena, have your partner peel/cc, and what class do you play? its hard to help you out or give you a tip if you don't tell us that.

/signed
    When a rogue can kill you with no possibility of surviving without intervention, it's OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Take away rogue stuns and what do they got, a broken vanish, an Evasion that gives dodge rating but is being kicked from behind, a cloak which removes all magic effects and make them practially immune to inc spells the next few seconds. And imo no class should rely on Cooldowns to survive (atleast the 1min and up)

Yea this has to be one of the most retarded qq posts I have ever seen. Rogues need stuns. Ever hear of the term glass cannon that even blizzard uses to describe rogues? Take away stuns and we have nothing.

I've played quite a few classes and with my rogue I've played against every class many times and I can safely say that every class has something they can do to counter it besides the trinket. Pally bubble, priest bubbles insta fear Or dispersion, hunter deflect traps SS, Mage has a million things like nova, blink ice shield, etc. I'm not going to go through all of them.

So yea if you really think rogues stuns are the most OP thing in pvp you either have really bad gear or you have no clue what youre doing.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Yeah, I play a rogue, so what, flame me for this if you wish.

a rogue without stuns would be a worthless class in pvp. You have to take into account as far as balancing goes, that all their stuns are on a CD. Granted this CD isn't a very long one, but its still there. For a rogue to completely stun lock from 100%-0% another player, 9 times out of ten they must blow multiple CDs with 3 min or more time on them, to get the full stun time. This in the long run leaves them vulnerable, and easy to kill. Its not like rogue are an invincible class either. A good frost mage, hunter, or tank class can rip right through a rogue even with the rogue having his CDs ready, if the opposing player is good enough. I suggest you go on you tube OP, and watch some rogue counter tactics.... and either A) roll human for every man for himself, or B) get a pvp trink that breaks stun and sharpen up your reflexes.

One of the biggest things you can do to throw a rogue off his game if he's trying to stun lock you, is to pop either of the before mentioned moves, and then immediately jump backwards. This will land you behind the rogue obviously, and he will most likely be expecting you to run forward, turn around, target him, etc. I've had it done to me several times, and it works. Its very hard to predict this coming.

And as far as glass cannons go, it couldn't be more true. Once all the utility CDs are down, its pretty much an oh shit moment from there.

Yeah bro, because everything else in this game makes sense, amirite? Mages conjuring food out of nothingness, Paladins being immune to a Warrior's melee swings with bubble up, but not when they throw their weapons at it, Druids summoning roots from beneath a bridge made of glass. These ALL I'm OK with, but damage breaking a stun affect?! NOW THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
    If your looking for realism, I think you have come to the wrong place... Your kinda leaving out the fictitious world, races, the over all possibility of magic (im guessing if mages pulling food from nothing is absurd to you, them creating a flying ball of fire isn't??)

Seriously.. QQ less, get better.

"Find something your not good at.... and then don't do that thing"

The Original poster wasn't saying take away stuns. He said to make them breakable after a certain amount of damage so their in line with other forms of CC. As it is right now, if a pvp trinket is on cd, the one getting attacked will die without a chance. The change would make it so, yes, a rogue can take a good chunk of life away (say half) but not 100%. Only a rogue would say right now it's not OP.
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    The Original poster wasn't saying take away stuns. He said to make them breakable after a certain amount of damage so their in line with other forms of CC. As it is right now, if a pvp trinket is on cd, the one getting attacked will die without a chance. The change would make it so, yes, a rogue can take a good chunk of life away (say half) but not 100%. Only a rogue would say right now it's not OP.
    i want you to take a moment, and slow down to read this, because your obviously missing something here. The OP, in the quote i used, says this:

These ALL I'm OK with, but damage breaking a stun affect?! NOW THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
    Also, stunned =! unconscious; go watch some MMA/boxing and you'll see there's a clear difference between the 2.

Why aren't they broken after a certain amount of damage is done?
    I wasn't referring to that contradiction. His original post says ^. That I agree with. I don't think rogues should lose stuns, just that they should be broken after a certain amount of damage (more than other forms of CC, in the thousands of damage)

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    I wasn't referring to that contradiction. His original post says ^. That I agree with. I don't think rogues should lose stuns, just that they should be broken after a certain amount of damage.
    well sure, it couldnt hurt us too bad im sure. a skilled player is a skilled player regardless of weather he has 1.5k resil or is wearing a trash bag and wielding a couple of paper towel rolls. If it makes the rogue pvp mechanics out of balance, then a fix could rectify that mistake. But again, my deal is, other than a few little things here and there which are a quick one time fix to a bad situation, stuns are really all a rogue has going for them. They have pretty much been able to stun since day one though. Just because a small % of the population thinks its "unfair" isn't gonna cause Blizzard to change it.

Its seems that every class has at least one class they excel at fighting against, and at least one class that can overide their strengths. I'd say things are pretty balanced. Am I biased to the rogue skill set? of course I am, my main is a Rogue. A rogue that I have spent at least a dozen hours doing my homework on, learning the class inside and out, reading MMOchamp and EJ forums, etc, whacking on training dummies for 15 minutes at a time to perfect what rotations are there for my class, etc. they can break us down further if they will, but in true blizzard fashion, they will over do it, leave us worthless for 2-3 months until a new patch comes out, rinse and repeat. I'd rather them focus their collective knowledge on making Cataclysm the best game expack of the year winner and what not. Just my 2 cents.

You don't even PvP anymore? Why are you making this Thread? Why should blizzard change stuns becuase someone who doesnt even pvp thinks its unfair? Rogues are noob killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzader
    Rogues are noob killers.
    QFT QFT QFT!