Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New weapunz!?! Please!!

Random question of the day. If there would be new weapons in cataclysm, what would you guys want?

I personally saw someone on mmo suggest something about pistols or arm-crossbows for close range combat and i thought the idea was great. Could also be nice to have flails/whips/(w/e name for demonslayer blades in wIII)/Katanas/chakrams etc.

So in short, what kind of new weapon would you guys wanna see?

p.s I'm aware there were no talks about new weapons in cataclysm, this is just generic hopes and dreams ^^

Re: New weapunz!?! Please!!

1h Polearms , so we could be awesome just like this guy (Polearm + Shield)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher
    1h Polearms , so we could be awesome just like this guy (Polearm + Shield)
    I do agree with 1h polearms.

But also 1h guns or crossbows.
    Or a combination of 1h guns with a sword.
    OR.... a shield that can be used for OFFENSE :O

Quote Originally Posted by MickM
    Shield Slam says hi

they have actually mentioned pistols recently
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
    I might not really be able to bring to mind any weapons, however, i would love to see some sheaths and scabbards. I like my swords and my daggers don't get me wrong but it would be nice to see something keeping them on my hips or in my warrior's case i would love to see how that mace is floating on his back.

10+ Year Old Account

I would like my hunters ranged weapon to be visible.
    Really, I want it to be visible when sheathed. Like on my back, forming an X with the polearm, for instance.

There already are some swords that resemble Katanas. The Forst Tiger Blade is one of them.
    For the Emperor.

Deleted

WTB Viable Fishing Pole spec for Retri Pallys!!!

I wanna reach 2200+ rating with my mastercraft kalu'ak pole!!! DROWN ME NOW BITCH!!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MickM
    That coming from a protection paladin makes me a sad panda.
    Shield of Righteousness <- that's an offensive attack, requiring a shield to use. By that *any* shield can be used for offense..

On topic... WTB Claws
    eDit: oh wait, there are claws.. flails sound cool then :P

I think most melee weapons are already in the game, in some form or another. Well, you could add slings as ranged weapons but would anyone really care? And should they be counted as "thrown"?

However, I can think of a few craftable items which could be added.

How about a lassoo, as a crafted tailoring or leatherworking item - works like a DK's deathgrip.
    Or caltrops, crafted by blacksmiths. Used for slowing down runners (either running away or chasing you).
    Maybe some form of sapper item for engineers (for tunnelling under walls)?
    Or grappling irons (I guess blacksmith again?) for going over them? And probably also acting similarly to a lassoo.

nunchucks!

there are already sapper items for engineers

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42641
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23827
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=10646

they work great in wintergrasp too

as well as having the best "nuke" icon in the game :P ( inv_gizmo_supersappercharge if you wanna stick it in a macro)

ps. i like the ranged weapon on your back idea for hunters. they put a lot of work into how ranged weapons look now and its a very decent suggestion especially since hunters lost quivers.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

actually, I don't know how many people will remember this but back around BC's announcement they said they were going to add glaives as an entire new weapon class. It never happened for whatever reason.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

i still want to dual wield polearms :P

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    actually, I don't know how many people will remember this but back around BC's announcement they said they were going to add glaives as an entire new weapon class. It never happened for whatever reason.
    i would suspect they might be keeping that for when we go back to directly fighting the legion and they add demon hunters as a hero class sometime in the far future.

not saying they will but it is a definite possibility.

gee thx Brox...

Nothing to be honest, I don't want 3 more weapons in the game, it's enough as it is for me.

Dual wielding pistols would be bad ass.

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

Umm this?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik
    That coming from a protection paladin makes me a sad panda.
    Shield of Righteousness <- that's an offensive attack, requiring a shield to use. By that *any* shield can be used for offense..
    DERP DERP...

Seriously guys.. are you gonna tell me that Shield of the Righteousness is an actual DPS-attack... come on! I'm talking about an actual attack that is meant for ACTUAL dps instead of threat while tanking. Just look at Creos Malkor's post