Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: My holy healing meters

Quote Originally Posted by irongar
    Probebly wasted that 1 point in serendipity. I can do little like be a renew /CoH/PoM healer all the time and if it's needed, I can throw strong greater heals as well. This spec what I have fits the best for me I think.
    Yes, 1 point in Serendipity is pretty much a waste because you're really not taking advantage of an awesome talent. What makes it good is that a Greater Heal can get roughly the same cast time as a Flash Heal (3 stacks of Serendipity gets it to 1.6s cast before Haste). And in situations with raid-wide damage, especially predictable burst damage, a faster PoH is absolutely indispensible. It's useful in a lot of fights and it's one of the Holy Priest defining talents. I really couldn't imagine a raid-viable build not having 3/3 Serendipity.

Probebly will put that 1 point from serendipity into desperate prayer though
    The reason Desperate Prayer is worth picking up is mostly a function of where it is in the tree. If it were a choice between Desperate Prayer and almost any talent in a later tier, it would pretty much lose out. The reason it's worth getting is because the early part of the tree is just so terrible. You have to have 20 points in the first four tiers, and it's better than many of the other options. Unless you're casting Greater Heal a whole lot, Improved Healing is a pretty awful talent, and you should take points from there for Desperate Prayer, maxing Holy Reach, etc.

@ the OP

There's a lot of mixed advice in here regarding specs, some of it is good, and some of it is bad. As harky suggests, you'll get much more meaningful advice regarding builds in the sticky because you'll see discussion about why certain talents are or are not worth it, rather than just "take this" or "don't take that". Changing talents because someone said so isn't a good reason to do it; you should understand what the reasoning is and how it affects your style, and decide if it fits with your style

As for how to fix your HPS problem, well, as others said, it's not really that easy to say what the problem is. Problems with your build could be part of it, but the degree of a problem may not be accurately portrayed by Healing Meters. Yes, similar gear as similar specs should theoretically have similar performance on meters, but if you have different roles, different styles, or one is simply faster or has less lag, that won't hold through.

You also said you like to use your mouse to move with, and so do I, but when you don't use mouseover macros, clique, or all-in-one add-ons like VuhDo or Healbot, you still have to use your mouse to target, so you're not gaining any additional mobility by not using those options. Besides, most of your movement ought to be achievable with forward or strafe. DPS have to face the boss to cast, but healers do not (except for Penance but, well, that will auto-face you anyway), so you can take time to preposition if you know you'll have to run out. And in cases where you do have to spin around quickly, you have to move your mouse up out of the raid frames in either case. Basically, my point is that if you're not using mouseover macros or some kind of mouse click binding mod, that could easily explain most or all of the difference between you an him because, well, he'll always heal faster, so his heals will always land first.

The thing is there are a lot of ways to go about a Holy spec. Many are bad, many are good. The problem here is builds are being suggested that have little focus, or are favoring a sub-optimal playstyle. Some are suggesting bad talents, despite the rest of the build being fine. I don't feel like wasting a lot of time on this when there's already a sticky with some very detailed arguments for an against almost every single talent in the Holy tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    Yes, 1 point in Serendipity is pretty much a waste because you're really not taking advantage of an awesome talent. What makes it good is that a Greater Heal can get roughly the same cast time as a Flash Heal (3 stacks of Serendipity gets it to 1.6s cast before Haste). And in situations with raid-wide damage, especially predictable burst damage, a faster PoH is absolutely indispensible. It's useful in a lot of fights and it's one of the Holy Priest defining talents. I really couldn't imagine a raid-viable build not having 3/3 Serendipity.

The reason Desperate Prayer is worth picking up is mostly a function of where it is in the tree. If it were a choice between Desperate Prayer and almost any talent in a later tier, it would pretty much lose out. The reason it's worth getting is because the early part of the tree is just so terrible. You have to have 20 points in the first four tiers, and it's better than many of the other options. Unless you're casting Greater Heal a whole lot, Improved Healing is a pretty awful talent, and you should take points from there for Desperate Prayer, maxing Holy Reach, etc.

As far I understand your post, you mean that I should drop improved healing. Giving me the option to spent 3 points more: 2 for serendipity & holy reach. I'll try it perhaps as if I'm healing in a raid, I use renews more as my mainspell, CoH when CD is ready and same for PoM.