Sound/Voice Addon?

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone out there has ever heard of/knows of, an addon that disables all sounds in wow other then npc voice's.
    I think it would be nice to clear raids/dungeons and actually hear what the npc's are saying during combat, rather then all the spell sounds and other effects. Even if theres not an actual addon out there I wonder if there's another way to edit something else in the UI to do it.

Re: Sound/Voice Addon?

Quote Originally Posted by grey_fox6
    Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone out there has ever heard of/knows of, an addon that disables all sounds in wow other then npc voice's.
    I think it would be nice to clear raids/dungeons and actually hear what the npc's are saying during combat, rather then all the spell sounds and other effects. Even if theres not an actual addon out there I wonder if there's another way to edit something else in the UI to do it.
    Dunno if it's possible through the config.wtf file?

I've looked through that and the SESound file but found nothing in them to do it.

I believe this is what your looking for.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...batsounds.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Ryya
    I believe this is what your looking for.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...batsounds.aspx
    It looks like the author hasn't updated the addon in about 11 months, so I doubt that it will work with ICC.

There is also a problem with the addon that makes DBM not play the Special Raid Warning sound.
    I posted a solution on curse.com, but you still might want to find an alternative (if there is one).

thanks Ryya that seems to be exactly what im searching for. and Ghettowned thanks for that fix for dbm. I'll try it out tonight and see how it holds up in icc 10

Update: I found a CVar that seems to disable DPS Sound Effects. I tried toggling it, but there seemed to be no difference.
    I'll experiment with it a little more sometime later.

worked well in icc, there were a few things that still make sounds, like a warlocks portal, and a few random spells. I wish there was another way to disable those combat sound effects, but this gets the job done. if anyone has any alternatives i would still like to hear them though!

Re: Do NOT Install nocombatsounds

After much trial and error, I have come to the conclusion that installing this 'addon' is not a good idea. I can't confirm why however, it seems any time this is put in place my frame rate would drop between 5-10, where normally is holds around 30-40. it took me some time to realize this addon was the cause, and I must once again seek a 'disables all sounds in wow other then npc voice's' type of addon.