Would you like this mechanic to Penance?

Would you prefer this version of Penance over the current one?

Every time you cast Renew, Power Word: Shield, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Prayer of Mending and Prayer of healing, you get a Stack of Penance which lasts 15 seconds (stacks up to 10).
    Penance - 20 seconds cooldown
    Launches a volley of holy light at the target, causing damage to enemies or healing to allies instantly and every 1 second for X seconds, where X is the amount of Stacks of Penance you have.

So basicly what you would do with this is cast 10 flashes/renews/shields/PoMs and then fire off a Penance that lasts 10 seconds and hits/heals 11 times. I think it's an interesting mechanic that would allow you to keep the tank up during heavy damage fights, but you will also need to watch the raid's health while channeling as you might need to stop the cast and throw a quick shield to someone about to die.

Ofcourse the numbers can be tweaked to not make it too OP.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Re: Would you like this mechanic to Penance?

No. Sucks for PvP.

It is an interesting mechanic, but what would happen to the glyph? Would it lower the CD or cause a different effect? It would suck if you have to move too, so does each heal consume a charge or does is the stack consumed once the spell is activated?

15+ Year Old Account

10 Seconds is a long time for a single target heal.

Penance is a great spell, but suffer from long cooldown for pvp healing balance. Any change to the spell to allow sustanable single target healing (aka tank healing) but not too OP for burst heal in pvp is welcome. IMO it should be like Pally's HL - long cast time with huge heal, but if you managed to keep buff on tank, it would be down to sub 1.5s cast.

15+ Year Old Account

Adjusting Penance is dangerous as it's important for both Pve and PvP. It should have a smaller CD in PvE but that would apparently make us too great in PvP (ergo the nerf).

To be honest, if Blizzard do want Disc Priests to take up a Tank healing role, give us a haste buff talent deep in Disc to Greater Heal and change the Flash Heal talent to Greater Heal (reduction of mana cost and increased healing on a target below 50%).

I'd feel comfortable being made to tank heal with these changes, Blizzard needs to understand that when push comes to shove and in progress content, guilds would want a Holy Paladin keeping the tanks up, the other healers can't offer the same. I'm fine being a raid support class, but not fine when guilds want me to solo tank heal.

The idea of stacking a buff is worth of interest. But instead of stacking cast time I would rather cast some power since Penance has a quite high CD for a smaller throughput as GH (but a lot cheaper, agreed).

Having this stack a buff is interesting since PvP wise it could be dispelled, and in PVE it could push disc a little bit more in tha Tank healer side. Of course I totally agree with ultima concerning haste and GH cost (improved healing should be the answer but you need to play with grace which is more or less or only throughput buff :s)

In PVE penance is far from being OP compared to what paladins can throw... The hard point is PvP there in my opinion.

I personally think Penance is in a great place PvE-wise at the moment(although I haven't tried healing Icecrown with my Priest).

Throwing a Power Word: Shield on the tank when a huge amount of damage is incoming(such as Iron Council Hard Mode), followed by a Penance and <1 second Greater Heal cast is always a great feeling(Penance receives the haste from the Shield, but doesn't consume it).

However, whereas Holy Paladins are just healbots, Discipline Priests revolve more around predicting damage and preventing it. So for most encounters a Holy Paladin will be out-doing Discipline Priests on tank healing, yes.

I wouldn't complain if they improved the healing to be more competetive with Paladins though, but I really like where Discipline is at the moment

Penance should ignore MS effects.

I'd rather see Mind Flay getting a Penance effect (first tick on application, rather than delayed).

The problem with this sort of mechanic is that I think it would make PVE healing rather stale. For PVE, I think the main problem is that if it gives a single stack on basically everything which is kind of boring. In this form, you'd pretty much PWS the tank when WS wears off, and spam GH/FH, and either use the long Penance on CD or save it for burst. At the very least, the CD and max stacks would have to be a low lower. And to make it interesting, I'd also consider either exclude some spells (like Renew and PWS) or have some spells give additional stacks (like GH, maybe). I could see a mechanic like this work to solve some of the PVE problems maybe by potentially reducing or removing the cooldown and requiring stacks for it to be cast it or use them to power up the amount it heals or something like that.

I don't really see it working well in PVP. With a 20s CD, it really wouldn't be worth it. If the cast is much longer than it is now, you're just begging to be interupted, and even if you're not, standing in one place that long is hard to come by. So, really, it seems like most of what it's doing is just making the CD longer with very little benefit to the actual throughput.

Each cast of GH/flash heal/PW:S grants your next penance spell 1 extra pulse and 10% haste stackable to +3.

/end

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks
    Each cast of GH/flash heal/PW:S grants your next penance spell 1 extra pulse and 10% haste stackable to +3.

/end
    Would be too op in PvP... Like in 3v3. put shield up on all 3 and then pump the shit out whatever with penance + 3 pulses and 55% haste. ( Since BT would be up - and Bt would be a shame to mess with, unless it was something op like this )

How can you complain about Penance, its amazing how it is, stop speculating and you know making bad suggestions.