Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bryntroll in main hand?

Hey, playing as a Fury Warrior, I got Cryptmaker and Bryntroll (Both Non-heroic), and all the spreadsheets I have consulted shows that wielding Bryntroll in MH gives mroe DPS, because of the higher proc rate.
    Now, a friend of mine is also telling me that this is the way to go, but still I get a few whispers every now and then telling me to switch my weps around (One even tried to kick me from a random heroic because of it).
    I know Bryntroll is a paper weight when in OH, but still, should I have cryptmaker in offhand, or mainhand?

I need to put this discussion to rest one last time, Im tired of all the whispers.

Re: Bryntroll in main hand?

God knows my opinion can't be counted when talking about Warriors (other than 'dey maek thretlulz'), but there are always ignorant people out there. The other day, I had a completely random person telling me to get Agility off-pieces (neck, rings) and 'tank' leather gear for my bear.

My point here is, if all the spreadsheets tell you to use Bryntroll in your MH, it's probably the right thing to do. Spreadsheets tend to be right, moreso than random folks you meet in a smelly, dark dungeon.

Proc weapons are terrible in the OH, and weapon speed doesn't make -that- huge of a difference. MH it.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gimegkos
    Hey, playing as a Fury Warrior, I got Cryptmaker and Bryntroll (Both Non-heroic), and all the spreadsheets I have consulted shows that wielding Bryntroll in MH gives mroe DPS, because of the higher proc rate.
    Now, a friend of mine is also telling me that this is the way to go, but still I get a few whispers every now and then telling me to switch my weps around (One even tried to kick me from a random heroic because of it).
    I know Bryntroll is a paper weight when in OH, but still, should I have cryptmaker in offhand, or mainhand?

I need to put this discussion to rest one last time, Im tired of all the whispers.
    BT to your offhand. It doesn't proc from heroic strikes anymore so the damage ain't that great anymore compared to the dps of Cryptmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimegkos
    (One even tried to kick me from a random heroic because of it).

I'm sorry. I got stuck at the part where you almost got kicked from a HEROIC because of a debate about which of your TWO ICC weapons should be MH versus OH.

/facepalm heroic group

:/
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Vexryn

Whichever weapon has higher top-end damage is the one that belongs in your main hand...speed means nothing, and neither does the Proc rate. Dummy testing will confirm it.

Get rid of it all together. Cryptmaker in your main hand and Heroic dual blade butcher in your offhand.
    Fury warrior - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&n=Sogord

Whichever weapon has higher top-end damage is the one that belongs in your main hand...speed means nothing, and neither does the Proc rate. Dummy testing will confirm it.
    Wow, this is just such incredibly bad advice I don't even know where to begin.

Top-end is not a DPS stat for anyone. The closest thing to a DPS stat you'd find here would be average damage, and even that is largely irrelevant as it's just a function of Weapon DPS * Speed. Bryntroll is nearly 100% worthless in the offhand since it just doesn't proc.

And there is no way in hell that dummy testing, worthless as it is for Fury, would confirm your theory. If anything it'd significantly amplify the effects of the Bryntroll since our damage is such complete ass without raid buffs.

Get rid of it all together. Cryptmaker in your main hand and Heroic dual blade butcher in your offhand.
    Thanks for posting completely worthless advice. Come again!

Proc damage from Bryntroll is around ~4.5% of damage iicr..

That would be assuming it is in your MH. Find out how much damage you are getting per average boss damage done in the OH slot given 2 weeks of time if you don't want to use a spreadsheet.

Pretty much the easiest way to test out what you want to know unless you want to go Landsoul's spreadsheet and find out faster!
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Ya listen to RPZip the rest of the people are retarded. Cryptmaker was BiS OH, I dont know now that the new arthas weapon loots are out. Bryntroll is a terrible OH, you would be better off with the ICC 10 m weapons.
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Basically, the spreadsheets are probably right. Be sure to check for their validity in the current hotfixes. If the spreadsheet doesn't account for the 2nd nerf it got, then the spreadsheet is irrelevant, and you will have to check parses yourself. If the spreadsheets are all up-to-date, and they point to Bryntroll being better in MH, then MH it is.

Edit: spreadsheets aren't 'probably right'.... spreadsheets are 'totally right', oopsie

Simply put (without going into the mess that everyone has thrown around in these posts) Keep Brynntroll in your main hand and Cryptmaker in offhand.

also should a group try to boot you rfrom a heroic because of it simply tell them they dropped their crayons and that they should pick them up and let the 12+ kids play wow.

Thanks for replying, and yes, the spreadsheet I normally use is Landsouls's, and its with the nerf, I believe, and it still shows Bryn is the way to go.

A little off topic, is Bryntroll good enough to dw as fury? Our warrior is doing it now and I have a feeling its not a good ideal

To OP- You are correct, Bryntoll should stay in your MH unless you pick up shadow's edge or shadowmourne, those are the only weapons that should ever take its place (LK weapon too i guess lol) . Cryptmaker is BiS offhand weapon for fury. If someone kicks you from a heroic for that, you're better off lol.

To Athiest- It's hotly debated, Bryntoll is a decent weapon, however being a Fury Warrior myself, I think it's more of a Ret/DK weapon. I've passed on three so far, mostly because I have shadows edge. Our first went to our DK tank, 2nd went to our Ret pally who later replaced it with shadows edge, and most recently went to the other fury warrior.

I got kicked from a ICC25 group once because I was arms, he said it was no good pve spec ...
    And not to forget the countless whispers I've had about my leather items.

Never, ever believe 'good advice' people give you ingame (random people that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Curi
    I got kicked from a ICC25 group once because I was arms, he said it was no good pve spec ...
    And not to forget the countless whispers I've had about my leather items.

Never, ever believe 'good advice' people give you ingame (random people that is).
    Same, Rogues bitched when I took Toskk's Wrists lol.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Thanks for posting completely worthless advice. Come again!
    Worthless?

Cryptmaker has roughly the same dps as bryntroll but better overall damage. So you should keep this as mainhand until you pickup your BiS MH(shadow's edge). For your offhand you don't want the bryntroll since the proc will be completely useless. That's where the butcher comes in.
    With the heroic dual blade butcher you get 94 crit and 94 armor pen.

For those capping armor pen, this combination will give you armor pen from two weapons and not just one (when using bryntroll).

Next time try to use some common sense instead of having to get everything explained to you.
    Fury warrior - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&n=Sogord

Quote Originally Posted by sogord
    That's where the butcher comes in.
    It's not stated, but I think it can be inferred that heroic butcher is not an option. Ain't exactly easy to come by ya know. Given the two weapons he has, better to keep Bryntroll in the MH.

Quote Originally Posted by sogord
    Worthless?

Cryptmaker has roughly the same dps as bryntroll but better overall damage. So you should keep this as mainhand until you pickup your BiS MH(shadow's edge). For your offhand you don't want the bryntroll since the proc will be completely useless. That's where the butcher comes in.
    With the heroic dual blade butcher you get 94 crit and 94 armor pen.

For those capping armor pen, this combination will give you armor pen from two weapons and not just one (when using bryntroll).

Next time try to use some common sense instead of having to get everything explained to you.
    No, dumbass; your comment was worthless because it presumes several things.

1) He is capable of clearing through Faction Champions on ToGC25, which is far more difficult than clearing through Blood Prince Council in ICC25.
    2) The weapon drops.
    3) He actually wins it, especially when he has items that are more or less comparable which may influence loot distribution.

If someone asks what the best trinket combination is between Herkuml War Token, Whispering Fanged Skull and Death's Choice responding with "Just get a Deathbringer's Will/Heroic Death's Choice instead" is, in fact, retarded. You're ignoring the parameters of the question; given his gear now, what should he do to maximize his DPS?