Thread: Ret PvP help

Ret PvP help

Hi folks,

I am in the process of gearing up my paladin for Ret pvp. I'm gettin as close as i can, but a couple things I have trouble with is how much resil I want and should i gem for it, or STR? When i play I feel like i'm not doing as much damage as they say im "supposed to" and i certainly dont feel OP. Now, i'm thinking thats jsut because of my sub-par gear but im not really sure what im talking about.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&cn=Delivered -heres my Armory, don't go too hard on me. I'm a solo player who spends allot of time on alts(60+ of every class) so I'm doin the best i can.

Re: Ret PvP help

Quote Originally Posted by Spinich
    Hi folks,

I am in the process of gearing up my paladin for Ret pvp. I'm gettin as close as i can, but a couple things I have trouble with is how much resil I want and should i gem for it, or STR? When i play I feel like i'm not doing as much damage as they say im "supposed to" and i certainly dont feel OP. Now, i'm thinking thats jsut because of my sub-par gear but im not really sure what im talking about.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&cn=Delivered -heres my Armory, don't go too hard on me. I'm a solo player who spends allot of time on alts(60+ of every class) so I'm doin the best i can.
    Are you primarily a BG person or an arena person?

If BG, your spec is a little unorthodox, but you'll be ok. Really should try and get 3/3 Fanaticism, Judgement is our hardest hitting ability. Also, dont glyph vengeance, glyph Seal of Righteousness.

You definitely want more resilience than what you have no as 500 resilience will get you two shotted pretty quickly.

I sit around 900 resilience, and am considering of going up to 1000 (granted i dont do arena too competitively) sitting around 1500 atm with a MMR around 1800.

1) Change specs
    2) Change Glyphs
    3) get more resilience (imo)

I do mostly BG's and World PvP, but thats because i don't know anyone IRL that plays so i don't have an Arena team i can rely on.

Could someone elaborate on why SoR is the best? i assume its because of the harder judgments but I'd like to be sure. I'll look around for a Good spec to try out, but if someone wants to point me in the right direction i would very much appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account

Your glyph choices are good now but there are a couple things you might want to work on. You could use a bit more resilience but anything over 700 as a ret paladin is a waste because it will start to cut our burst down greatly which is all we really have to combat healing (& it isn't great against targets with decent resilience anyway). Second I'd take the 3 points out of righteous vengeance and put them in improved might & seal of command, soc is great for its cleave when your fighting multiple enemies & mights dps gain more then makes up for the health you would gain with kings.
    As for gear upgrades you can go with dropping the tank ring for the ring from ashen verdict it is bis for dps.
    I would also suggest getting the platinum disks of battle, shoulders and legs from WG they will give you about all the hit you need a nice resilience boost and & 752ap for 20 sec u can combine with avenging wrath.
    You Should also work on getting your 2 piece T10 bonus when you have time, I know they dont have resilience on them but if you keep the rest of your main armor pieces pvp you will still have enough resilience & the extra burst it gives will make you much more effective especially vs healers.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinich
    I do mostly BG's and World PvP, but thats because i don't know anyone IRL that plays so i don't have an Arena team i can rely on.

Could someone elaborate on why SoR is the best? i assume its because of the harder judgments but I'd like to be sure. I'll look around for a Good spec to try out, but if someone wants to point me in the right direction i would very much appreciate it.
    It is the hardest hitting judge//seal, simply because vengeance requires 15+ seconds before it does real damage, in pvp, that is way too long, with righteousness, judge will hit hard all the time (albeit not as hard as a 5stack veng) and the seal will still do decent damage (Again, not as good as 5stack veng)

But the point is, if vengeance doesn't have time to stack, it is far inferior.

As said above, 900resil is a good point (PvP gear with some offset PvE)

Specs are either: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sV0bZ...uGdIbsk:0uaVz0
    using SoR

or

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZVGz...uGdIbsz:a0sVz0
    using SoComm

Dont gem stam or resil like that, just strength like you normally would for PvE, maybe Str//Stam in some blue sockets (Thought gemming Str//resil is being talked about)
    Lots of upgradeable gear on you, as well, get the wrathful offset pieces, and furious set pieces.

Gearing full PvP is the best route IMHO. Our gear is already perfectly itemized for us, unlike warriors or DK's. And why put unnecessary extra pressure on your healer? As Ret, you're already going to be catching enough heat. Good teams are going to focus you to bubble right off the bat.