Help with Sindragosa

As the title says, I am looking for help with Sindragosa. I am in a 10 man strict guild, with me being the only range, so I am constantly getting the caster debuff throughout the entire fight. I currently raid Afflic/Demo, and used Afflic for our attempts last night. The first two phases weren't an issue, I just had to juggle the stacks, but phase 3 I find myself not doing too much before the stacks are too high and im stuck waiting for them to fall off. So less time on ice blocks and Sind.

So my question to any other locks in a similar situation, afflic or demo?

Deleted

Re: Help with Sindragosa

As affliction I handle the debuff by just getting my dots up, and wanding, saving the stack reset to refresh dots.

However, I strongly reccomend you to pick up another range for that fight, seeing as the ranged is never limited to the debuff , seeing as it is only on one person at a time, where the melee debuff afflicts every single melee dps.

Which is what I was doing for the first two phases, it does suck a little but it's better than being dead.

As for getting more range, unfortunately we really can't switch out, so I am stuck eating that debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by beastice
    As the title says, I am looking for help with Sindragosa. I am in a 10 man strict guild, with me being the only range, so I am constantly getting the caster debuff throughout the entire fight. I currently raid Afflic/Demo, and used Afflic for our attempts last night. The first two phases weren't an issue, I just had to juggle the stacks, but phase 3 I find myself not doing too much before the stacks are too high and im stuck waiting for them to fall off. So less time on ice blocks and Sind.

So my question to any other locks in a similar situation, afflic or demo?
    p3 hang in there till 20% kicks in, then just roflstomp the fight..
    at that point if you're not with the debuff normal rotation, if you have the debuff, haunt-->sb-->corru-->unstable (i'm not counting curse slot since i'm in a similar situation and i'm using coe) and then just drain soul till your stacks expires.. then reapply all dots and re-drain soul... given the nature of your execute phase you should the able to do a nice (not pefect since in p3 i would avoid going beyond 4-5 stack of debuff EVER, hence you risk loosing dot uptime) dps with little issue, as a matter of fact in my guild during 10men i ask other dps (melee) to take care of the ice block in p3, since they have to stop dps anyway in order to let the debuff fall off a bit, whilst due to affl-lock dps-mechanics sub 20% the unchained magic debuff ain't THAT costly, so you end up doing pretty much your "normal" dps without worrying about letting the stacks fall off you
    lil tip... remember to call back your pet, plenty of times during learning fight i had my felpuppy despawn because he was too far away from me (tried to reach sindragosa during air phase, whilst me and guildie were dealing with the air phase on the stairwary, thus quiteeee a bit away from the tank spot) :L but then again, you can use the chance to re-summon your pet as a way to let your stack fall off if you are too annoyed.

Yes, Afflic has a very easy time <25% on Sindragosa. The rotation naturally leaves you with periods to let your stack fall off while still casting. Oh and to the OP, you seem to be very unlucky. The caster debuff is not just on you, it's also on healers. If you're getting it every time, well, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Yes, Afflic has a very easy time <25% on Sindragosa. The rotation naturally leaves you with periods to let your stack fall off while still casting. Oh and to the OP, you seem to be very unlucky. The caster debuff is not just on you, it's also on healers. If you're getting it every time, well, that sucks.
    It always picks 1 healer and 1 caster dps.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Thanks for the replies. Our best attempt was 16ish%, but ill yell at our melee to handle the ice blocks. I'll stay afflic for the fight though, just wasn't sure if a more bursty one would be better. And yeah I get that debuff since I am the only ranged, we didn't realize that either for the first few attempts.

Thanks again guys.

Quote Originally Posted by beastice
    Thanks for the replies. Our best attempt was 16ish%, but ill yell at our melee to handle the ice blocks. I'll stay afflic for the fight though, just wasn't sure if a more bursty one would be better. And yeah I get that debuff since I am the only ranged, we didn't realize that either for the first few attempts.
    Thanks again guys.
    it's just that with the necessity to let the debuff stacks fall off, you as an aff-lock are the perfect choice for pure dps in p3, straight and simple.. in a low caster setup, no caster can outperform you on sindragosa, only a shadow priest CAN come near, the other, given the nature of the fight, are gimped :P
    in our 10men with 1 caster dps only, when they attempted with just 1 arcane mage he averaged 3.5k on the fight.. same setup i was at roughly 5.5k dps at the end of p3, wich ain't bad considering that i was using felpuppy and had my infernal on cd :|
    even before 20% you can as well just sbolt, haunt, corru, unstable, sbolt (thus 5 cast) and then use drain to reset corru duration and let the stack fall offf.. your dps will be gimped, but ele sham, boomkin, arc//fire mages doing the same stuff would see their dps plummet to hell's depth, you on the other hand would deal roughly 60%+ of your possible dmg :P

though just my two cents.. in this fight i'd really advice to take 2 ranged mana user dps, it makes life helluva easier :P

I didn't realize that the debuff stopped at 20%, so that's good. If thats the case, then I can see Afflic doing well.

So stay Afflic, and leave the ice blocks alone and 20% burn, sounds good. Thanks again.

15+ Year Old Account

Look at it this way - if you start your rotation with Haunt, in order to maintain Shadow Embrace and Corruption you have to finish with Haunt as well. Thus I would time as follows:
    Cast everything, end with Haunt, wand until debuff wears off
    Cast Haunt, wand
    Repeat

This gets you the best uptime on your spells and the minimum number of stacks of the debuff. Replace wand with a full 2-3 ticks of Drain Soul at execute time.

R.I.P. YARG

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I was using wand, I seemed to be picking up the melee debuff as well as the caster debuff.

What I have been doing during p1 and p2 is renewing dots that need it, and just filling with drain life/drain soul.