Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destruction Primordius 25 HC

My guild is progressing Primordius 25 hc at the moment. Our 2 Warlocks are our best DDs, but they are not much better than the rest.
    I have seen a log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14346&e=14823
    where a destruction warlock does a huge amount of damage. His chaosbolts are hitting for almost 2.8 million in average. Chaosbolts of our warlocks hit for approximatly 450,000. They have almost same itemlevel.
    Can someone explain me, how it is possible to do such high amount of damage with chaosbolt? (more than 6 times the damage of our warlocks)

If your warlocks don't have Wushoolay's Final Choice, then they aren't going to be able to get anywhere near what Numidia is doing there.

Deleted
    Getting Crit and Mastery buffs. 450k sounds like an un-buffed chaos bolt to me. With 30% more mastery and 20% more crit it should be somewhat more than that.

Oh btw, maybe they're not playing with Grimoire of Sacrifice? If they're not then they should, depending on your tactic.

Your logs would be more helpful than somebody elses.

IMO, they should be GoSac, stacked with Mastery, and specced into Mannoroths fury.

Blanket the room with RoF and you'll have unlimited embers. The rest, has a large part to do with what buffs you get with your stacks. If you get lucky with mastery/crit stacks your CB's will hit like trucks. Getting 3 Crit stacks is like having DS up the whole fight!

GoSac, Stack mastery, pray for rng on getting mastery/crit buffs, manarthos fury and spam rain of fire accross the whole room.. spam chaos bolts on boss.... profit.
    The highest chaos bolt hit ive had on that fight is about 1.4 million. It just rng on buffs really aswell as obviously their gear. (Op trinkets can be OP)
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    In addition, if he is always getting the preferential buffs from the Living Fluids, he is bound to do more damage.

Mastery & Crit on that fight will push up chaosbolts to crazy levels during trinket procs&dark soul.

// wow so many people posted while I was writing this :[

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Getting Crit and Mastery buffs. 450k sounds like an un-buffed chaos bolt to me. With 30% more mastery and 20% more crit it should be somewhat more than that.

Oh btw, maybe they're not playing with Grimoire of Sacrifice? If they're not then they should, depending on your tactic.
    450k was the average for the whole evening with a lot very fast wipes. Maybe if we would have killed the boss and the would have been lucky with buffs, their average chaos bolt would have been 800k. Both warlocks of my guild have Wushoolay's Final Choice heroic and they use GoSac.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    The highest chaos bolt hit ive had on that fight is about 1.4 million.
    The highest chaos bolt of Numidia was 4.3 mio - thats a huge difference. Thats more than 3 times the highest u had.

I know how the buffs work and I know that getting crit and masterybuffs will increase your damage on chaos bolt a lot, but 2.8mio in average is quite a lot.

Deleted
    What a lucky bastard
    I have around the same gear level (minus Cha-Ye) and his CB are far far higher than mine. In fact his average CB is higher than my highest CB in 5 pulls yesterday =/
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-04-12 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samisher View Post
    450k was the average for the whole evening with a lot very fast wipes. Maybe if we would have killed the boss and the would have been lucky with buffs, their average chaos bolt would have been 800k. Both warlocks of my guild have Wushoolay's Final Choice heroic and they use GoSac.

The highest chaos bolt of Numidia was 4.3 mio - thats a huge difference. Thats more than 3 times the highest u had.

I know how the buffs work and I know that getting crit and masterybuffs will increase your damage on chaos bolt a lot, but 2.8mio in average is quite a lot.
    Yeh 1.4 mill was only with a 2 maybe 3 stacks of crit or mastery, I cant remember to be exact. but I imagine if youve got 5x mastery and are completly reforged into mastery, you can hit super hard with cooldowns and trinkets.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say hitting 4.5 mil CB's is pretty damn fun. We had 4 destro locks in on our kill and it basically trivializes adds (both small and big) since with even a few crit/mastery buffs you obliterate the small adds leaving lots of time to nuke big adds/boss.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Even with Wush's...the numbers we're seeing here seem impossible to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    I will say hitting 4.5 mil CB's is pretty damn fun. We had 4 destro locks in on our kill and it basically trivializes adds (both small and big) since with even a few crit/mastery buffs you obliterate the small adds leaving lots of time to nuke big adds/boss.
    I was soloing two lanes in our kill, could have done 3 with more effort and some help at the start. I was not permitted to kill big adds because I would nearly 3 shot them, thus lowering tank dps tremendously (I did immolate a few). With two destro warlocks you can easily take the 5 lanes in one side and have enough pools for the whole raid, and three makes it even easier. Unfortunately, our second warlock is away for work.

Edit: Gemmed and reforged pure mastery > haste for this kill, as I do with many fights as destro.
    Last edited by Numidia; 2013-04-12 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samisher View Post
    My guild is progressing Primordius 25 hc at the moment. Our 2 Warlocks are our best DDs, but they are not much better than the rest.
    I have seen a log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14346&e=14823
    where a destruction warlock does a huge amount of damage. His chaosbolts are hitting for almost 2.8 million in average. Chaosbolts of our warlocks hit for approximatly 450,000. They have almost same itemlevel.
    Can someone explain me, how it is possible to do such high amount of damage with chaosbolt? (more than 6 times the damage of our warlocks)
    WOL shows him getting several Clear Mind (Mastery) buffs.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

From discussion with a few other warlocks, it appears the fight is bugged to hell. If you are fully mutated and have immolate on any add (red or black), it will take an obscene amount of extra damage. (appears to be 3-4x as much) During re-re-progression on the fight (fucking fun blizzard), it wasn't uncommon to put immolate on an add, to then one shot it with chaos bolt. When we killed it this week, I wasn't aware chaos bolt was hitting higher because of immolate, hence less immolate damage on my end. The other warlocks in my guild were completely out of the know (lol)

From our logs, you can see that his average chaos bolt is hitting a lot higher than mine. His immolate uptime is also a lot higher than mine.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=379&e=848

I'm preparing myself for a third round of progression on this retarded boss when they change it again next week.

Note: Chaos bolt is obviously not the only thing getting damage buffs. 800-900k conflag crits were pretty often happening, as well as ~600k incinerates.
    Last edited by Xyronic; 2013-04-13 at 03:20 PM.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Deleted
    Yeah there is definitely something weird going on in this fight, for example an Havoc-ed Chaos bolt on two different adds :

[20:01:37.104] Fearsom Chaos Bolt Living Fluid *2099337*
    [20:01:37.258] Fearsom Chaos Bolt Living Fluid *525594*

How come the first one take 4x damage

Two horrors, one with Immolate and one without :

[20:01:59.969] Fearsom Rain of Fire Viscous Horror 5953
    [20:01:59.969] Fearsom Rain of Fire Viscous Horror 35721
    [20:02:00.386] Fearsom Rain of Fire Viscous Horror 5953
    [20:02:00.386] Fearsom Rain of Fire Viscous Horror 35721
    [20:02:01.163] Fearsom Rain of Fire Viscous Horror 5953
    [20:02:01.163] Fearsom Rain of Fire Viscous Horror 35721

And I don't see how could Conflagrate deal so high damage with the buffs we have in this fight :

[20:03:01.391] Fearsom Conflagrate Living Fluid *918479*
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-04-13 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Nice find Zumzum .. Really weird o.o ..
    Looking forward to trying that.

Deleted
    Yeah just check any of the top lock for heroic Primordius, some adds take 4x the normal damage. Only the adds, never Primordius. Random log from a top ranked lock :
    [22:40:50.625] Teløkk casts Fire and Brimstone
    [22:40:51.220] Teløkk Incinerate Viscous Horror *117119*
    [22:40:51.257] Teløkk Incinerate Primordius 59686
    [22:40:51.258] Teløkk Incinerate Living Fluid 227167
    [22:40:51.258] Teløkk Incinerate Living Fluid 56753

I guess this is related to the 75% dmg fix they recently applied, but I can't see why it (seems to) only affects warlocks.

Deleted
    Did they fix it? I think it does not work anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    From discussion with a few other warlocks, it appears the fight is bugged to hell. If you are fully mutated and have immolate on any add (red or black), it will take an obscene amount of extra damage. (appears to be 3-4x as much) During re-re-progression on the fight (fucking fun blizzard), it wasn't uncommon to put immolate on an add, to then one shot it with chaos bolt. When we killed it this week, I wasn't aware chaos bolt was hitting higher because of immolate, hence less immolate damage on my end. The other warlocks in my guild were completely out of the know (lol)

From our logs, you can see that his average chaos bolt is hitting a lot higher than mine. His immolate uptime is also a lot higher than mine.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=379&e=848

I'm preparing myself for a third round of progression on this retarded boss when they change it again next week.

Note: Chaos bolt is obviously not the only thing getting damage buffs. 800-900k conflag crits were pretty often happening, as well as ~600k incinerates.
    We noticed the same this week with Immolate, really bizarre.