Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: Multiboxing and Blizzard

Capitalism vs humanism. /thread

The reality is that multi-boxing and time-delay macros on smart keyboards do pretty much the same thing. They allow a single button press to automate a level of precision that is almost impossible to achieve manually. Sure you "could" have 5 people all work together, but you could also manually execute a smart keyboard timed macro. The issue isn't "is it possible without multi-boxing", it should be "does this constitute automation". Unless you have 5 keyboards or some really crazy keybinds it does automate most of your actions (all the guys following you), 3rd party program or no. Of course blizzard will never change it since they make a lot of money, but it can potentially ruin the fun for the rest of us.

On a positive note it does highlight how retarded arenas really are (and pvp in general). All the "OMG PVE IS SO EASY, PVP IS THE ONLY HARDCORE" people need to sit back, and realize a guy using the default UI and a bunch of coordinated macros can reach almost 2200 rating if he picks the right classes. Now go clear Icecrown with your default UI and fancy macros.

i dont like multiboxing, its funny to see what you can do but it should be banned at least from arenas

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    * Use of add-ons, "mods", external hardware, or any unapproved third party software to automate gameplay.
    The purpose of the programs used by Multiboxers to make those synchronized movements still puts character control and input for all of them at the same time. They don't automate those movements.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707
    "Little off the topic* but: Anyone got a addon or somthing i can use for multiboxing, or just attack at the same time instead to clicking minimate, the other [World of Warcraft] and right click all the time?
    I've started multiboxing this weekend - easiest software I've found so far is http://mubox.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx. It lets you multibox on either different machines, or multiple instances of wow on one PC.

Eventually I'll probably be using it to daily BGs/WG/VoA, having to win SotA twice in one day sucks
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

10+ Year Old Account

O'Rly?

As a warlock i go in and howl of terror all 5 shamans.

Guess what? When fear has finished on all of them, they are all back neatly in their little group.

I'm sure the person playing all these chars, moved them all back into perfect formation by using 5 keyboards, and moving them all himself.

NOT.
    Something called the "Auto-Follow the MB'ers 'head' character" will do that too. Or is using an in-game function considered automation now too?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Multiboxing shamans is lame. The more shamans, the more lame it is.

I am 5boxing a mixed team myself (Prot pally, 2x mage, shadow and holy priest) currently in the 70+, strictly pve at the moment. For me, a clone army commander is the bottom of the boxing skill ladder (if there is such a thing).

Let's face it, that guy probably didn't pick multiple shamans because he enjoys playing shamans so much. He picked them because they are the easiest class to control for a single player. Shamans can switch roles (healing/nuke) quickly, are pretty stationary by nature, 5x electrocute blows up everything before it gets too close, and a forest of totems (tremors ftw) on the floor is a good insurance against the worst that can happen to a multiboxer: total loss of control by getting fear-bombed.

So a warlock managed to get into howl-of-terror range after all? Pvp-trinket all 5 clones before they can run out of auto-follow range. Run back into totem forest, show the pesky 'lock the benefits of electricity. Doesn't take more skill than most other actions in the game, just a bit more preparation on the part of the boxer.

Shamans are still lame. But maybe that's just me, feel free to disagree.

An extremely skilled warlock can take all 5 out by himself. But he has to be amazingly skilled.

Spamming dots to destroy all grounding totems, then dotting them all up and fearing the healer one or the head one, and line of sighting any cast they do (although you ofc need buildings or pillars to do this).

It IS almost impossible, but not quite impossible if yo know what i mean. I almost took 5 out myself in one AV i played.

I guess a warlock is the only class that has a chance against 5 x multiboxers. Maybe spriest too.

I don't buy this, when you fear something out of range, auto follow cancels.
    ehmmm ... ok example you against my 4 shamys, you require 4 dots against 4 groundings and again 3 dots because I'm using 3 tremors in rotation so fear brakes ~instant-1 sec
    so you need 7 gcds to destroy those important totems, you will already die after the ~3rd gcd
    so if youre just kiting me around the corner I will spam my totem makro and you would die due to flame shock/ rocket
    I'm sure a skilled warlock is able to take out a bad geared multiboxer who does not know how to play

btw shamys are lame but one the best comps for arena and most pvp fun, there was also a dk+4 ret boxer last season who managed to get 2,5k+ rating on US shadowburn so I think that is wotlk's best multibox arena comp

10+ Year Old Account

ever use spell reflect, its pretty funny. Nothing like seeing 4 10k+ LB's go flying back at the shammans.

Chain lightning is fun to reflect, it just looks cool lol

lava burst noncrit ~3,5k