Confused out of my mind need help, Leveling.

So I just did RAF to 60 on my druid, I wanted to make him feral got all the boa gear and everything. I head to outland and im doing 150 dps.. I was gonna lvl as tank but I do even more shit damage when I thought I could do alot with getting 4-5 mobs and swiping

Anyway all I have is shred rip rake claw all the behind attacks and for bear I have everything up to date aswell. What am I doing wrong? What is the rotation, on my dk and pally I leveled way faster .. like during raf I didn't learn the basic mechanics so im confused on what to do or use. Here is my druid

armory may not be up to date but i got boa shoulders / chest. is the wep worth it?

Re: Confused out of my mind need help, Leveling.

replace Claw with Mangle?

what's your weapon skill/skills?

someone told me druids don't need weapon skill?

also im kinda getting it is is mangle mangle to 5 combo's then f bite?

As a cat while leveling you will generally use mangle, rake, mangle once or twice to get enough combo points so a ferocious bite will finish a mob off. The damage from rake is increased by mangle, so make sure to have mangle up before using rake. You can optionally open with Ravage from stealth. Claw is completely worthless once you have mangle. Shred is the combo builder in place of mangle if you have the luxury of being behind your target. I hardly used Rip while leveling, most fights were quick enough to make Ferocious Bite more useful. You are correct about weapon skill, in form you are considered at max skill for your level at all times.

Have you checked your action bars lately? If you just respecced they may not have updated and you may just be using older abilities.

yah, actually I don't believe weapon skill matters to Druids... It was just my first guess.. : ) but as the poster above said, sometimes you might be using lower level abilities on your Action Bars...

If your expecting the pace of a pally though you will be let down. Nothing levels faster, DK comes close.

Also go full Cat talents. You can still tank instances while leveling without tank talents.

15+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure melee abilities update "on the go" and don't keep lower ranks, at least if you check "show all ranks" there are no old ranks in feral tab in my spell book at 80. The thing might be if you didn't learn new rank of mangle yet, I know when I was twinking at 60 in bgs as feral, I didn't learn mangle rank 2, and was stuck with crappy damage for a while.

As for the kill rotation, mangle, rake, mangle, mangle, and depending on how much hp is left on a mob, either bite or rip, although doubt you'll use rip all that often while leveling.

Also, if you take some points out of KotJ, PotP, RnT and Imp. Mangle, you could get 5/5 naturalist in resto, and that's a 10% melee damage increase.
    And why don't you have 2/2 Savage fury? It increases rakes and mangles damage. The spec is wrong, hence why the lower damage probably.

Ok, this spec should work better. http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

God, I've edited this post about 15 times already.
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

^ thank you for that I will go try that out

10+ Year Old Account

What stumps me is that no one has pointed out the fact that you are wearing not one, but four level 30 greens, a two handed caster mace, a spellpower neck and a caster trinket. The Wildheart set isn't exactly brilliantly itemized either.

As for your spec, I'd say go for something like this: http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000 (quite sure people will disagree with me here), and then build your way up to 5/5 Naturalist and then 5/5 Rend and Tear.

Glyph of Rake is a great thing to have to keep mobs from running away and getting help. Get Glyph of Maul if you're intent on tanking.

Your "rotation" for solo killing mobs should be something like this: Pounce from stealth (some don't, but I feel pouncing onto your target and ripping it apart is what being a cat is all about ), Rake, (Tigers Fury when you're out of energy, if specced), Mangle two or three times, and then finishing with a Ferocious Bite. You may also want to put a Faerie Fire (Feral) on the mob at the start, but usually things die too fast for that to be an issue. Or, if you just want to go into brainless grind mode (as I often do during dailies) just run up to things and Mangle untill they die. It's not elegant, but works for kill-15-rats quests. Keep in mind that this only works when quest leveling. Doing DPS on a dungeone boss is quite different all together.

Remember to keep yourself buffed with Thorns and Mark of the Wild, since every little bit helps.

Other than that, I'd say you should sit down and read up on any and all (druid specific) leveling guides you can find to catch up on all the things you haven't learned by leveling the proper way. Learn what your skills and talents do, and figure out the synergy between them, for example how Mangle increases damage from bleed effects, how Rend and Tear increases the crit chance of Ferocious Bite on bleeding targets, which of your skills that apply bleed effects (hint: Pounce, Rake and Rip) and so on. As for doing proper raid/instance Feral DPS. Well, that's a whole 'nother can of worms...

Also, ditch the caster/low level gear. Agility is what you want, with strength being a good substitute.

PS: This is why RAF/eaying is bad... The first 79 levels aren't just there for show...

Edit: I can has spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer
    What stumps me is that no one has pointed out the fact that you are wearing not one, but four level 30 greens, a two handed caster mace, a spellpower neck and a caster trinket. The Wildheart set isn't exactly brilliantly itemized either.
    Yep, I reckon this is the biggest factor, but the confusing part is the OP states he's using BoA gear which I'm not exactly seeing a lot of...

Anyway, replace your gear with either BoA items or outland greens with str/agi/AP/crit/hit on them and I reckon you'll see a huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!