Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Pally Librams?!

Ok.. I went through azjol-nerub and the tank, who must of been on his period, was having a cry about the dps sucking.. as it usually does when you use the random dungeon finder.. anyway at the end of the run he turns his attention on my (the healer!) and says that I'm a fail 'Holydin' cause im using the new frost badge libram (Libram of Blinding Light).

I asked him what was wrong and he said that i need to study up on my theorycraft and to become a better holy pally i need to use the ilvl200 libram (Libram of Renewal).

so can anyone tell me HOW does saving a crappy 113 mana on a holy light is better than using a libram that is in our Teir 10 4 peice set bonus..

Re: Holy Pally Librams?!

Because the mana regen is better than an extra crappy like 200 something SP which we don't need. If we didn't want http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47662 which we use HL more anyways...why the hell would we want Blinding Light?

Also, yes the tier gear is nice but sometimes the bonus is not worth it when you have access to better pieces not set.

Deleted

I would not call 113 Mana crappy, not at all. You should probably read it as about 10%. Which means each 11th HL is free if you use the libram. Check out elitistjerks, in their guide the iLvL 200 libram is recommended too. It was the recommended libram for most of WoTLK, only to be replaced if you really had no mana issues.

If you really need additional spellpower, i would use the Libram of Veracity, if you use HL a lot the buff refreshes by itself, do not be reluctant to use it because it says "chance" in the tooltip. However, at some point 200 or so more spellpower does not make or break your healing. For me, it only increases the amount of overheal I do.

To benefit fully from Libram of Blinding Light, you have to use Holy Shock once every 12-14 secs at least, I rarely do that in raids. If I have the choice between a 1.2 sec HL and a HS that causes a 1s GCD, the odds are in HLs favor to me. Pushing my HL below the GCD with HS does not benefit me as much. I have to gimp one GCD (lower heal due to HS) to save 0.2s my next cast? No thanks.

If you have the frost badges to spare I can understand using Blinding Light in heroic instances. I am however still buying other stuff with them.

Teir 10 4 peice set bonus
    holly pally 2set is win 4set is just bad

The 200ilvl libram is situationally good when you're very geared... only on certain fights do I actually use it. I pulled it out in some ICC 10 hardmodes this weekend, for instance. Otherwise I use the 245 libram. The new one is crap. If you want, armory Masque on Bloodhoof.

Quote Originally Posted by Isanta
    Ok.. I went through azjol-nerub and the tank, who must of been on his period, was having a cry about the dps sucking.. as it usually does when you use the random dungeon finder.. anyway at the end of the run he turns his attention on my (the healer!) and says that I'm a fail 'Holydin' cause im using the new frost badge libram (Libram of Blinding Light).

I asked him what was wrong and he said that i need to study up on my theorycraft and to become a better holy pally i need to use the ilvl200 libram (Libram of Renewal).

so can anyone tell me HOW does saving a crappy 113 mana on a holy light is better than using a libram that is in our Teir 10 4 peice set bonus..
    Because you theorycraft around throughput and regen, not getting spellpower, and if you aren't going oom, use the Libram of Veracity, since Holy Shock you shouldn't be using too often anyway.

-113Mana on every HL...

If Mana is no Problem (in 10-mans or Heroics) i use Relentless Gladiator's Libram of Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori
    If Mana is no Problem (in 10-mans or Heroics) i use Relentless Gladiator's Libram of Justice.
    Exactly what I'm doing too.
    Works a charm in both HCs and 10mans.
    Also works on fights where the damage on tanks is slow and steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Isanta

Maybe your tank was tired of carrying people. I personally enjoy seeing epic failures in the heroic runs I tank, and so it doesn't really bother me. His advice was sound, however. In nearly every case, the Libram of Renewal is the best choice for a holy paladin.

The decision whether to use the PvP Libram or the Libram of Veracity comes down to this: Are you using Holy Light at all during the fight?

If yes, the Libram of Veracity is the better choice - the extra spellpower buffs your Sacred Shield. A good example of a great fight to use this libram on is Valithria Dreamwalker, where you're NEVER going to use FoL but you also don't care about regen.

If no, obviously you'll get more out of bigger FoLs - so the PvP Libram is better.

I really don't see the point of the new Holy Shock based Frost badge libram. Do I use Holy Shock? Yeah. Do I want to have to worry about using it to keep my spellpower buff up? Hell no.

no mathy answers yet, so i'll give it to u

Renewal; (-113 mana per HL)
    Throughput wise: about every 11 cast, this will return you 1243 mana. (im gonna keep math simple here, as in the end the numbers arent even close, so rounding a bit wont hurt anything.) That, to keep it simple, is a "free" holy light. From this, without factoring crit, you get about 12k throughput (an extra holy light= about 12k, much higher if you put in crit) from your libram every 11 cast.

Blinding Light (255 spellpower, assuming that always have it at 3 stacks)
    Per every cast, you get 255 extra throughput from your libram. multiply this 255 by 11 to find out your extra throughput per 11 cast, and that 2,805 throughput (without factoring in crit again, since everyone is at a different % crit) This also isn't factoring in the mana used to keep up holy shock, which hurts its throughput. (it takes longer to get 11 holy lights off because of more GCD's)

ya i know the math is shoddy, but it gives the general idea and i just got up, so im not in a math mood

in 5 mans, pvp libram is best cuz all u do is flash really.

25 mans ilvl 200 or 245 are best depending. anyone that has 264 is either dumb or worried about wowheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    in 5 mans, pvp libram is best cuz all u do is flash really.

25 mans ilvl 200 or 245 are best depending. anyone that has 264 is either dumb or worried about wowheroes.
    Or ends most boss fights with over 75% mana pool still in tact even without the 200 libram.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    Or ends most boss fights with over 75% mana pool still in tact even without the 200 libram.
    that's when you use the 245 libram which is extra SP on holy light.. you shouldn't be shocking often enough to keep that libram up

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

245 are best depending. anyone that has 264 is either dumb or worried about wowheroes.
    245 is just as worthless as the 264 libram. Your HL does not need more SP, its already overhealing 90% of the time anyway. The only time you should consider wearing something other than the PvP or Naxx libram is Dreamwalker.

If you are ending fights with lots of mana thats great, but do not argue that the 245 libram is best because of that. Just because it works on easy modes does not a best libram make.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierax
    245 is just as worthless as the 264 libram. Your HL does not need more SP, its already overhealing 90% of the time anyway. The only time you should consider wearing something other than the PvP or Naxx libram is Dreamwalker.

If you are ending fights with lots of mana thats great, but do not argue that the 245 libram is best because of that. Just because it works on easy modes does not a best libram make.
    You realize SP doesnt affect ONLY your heals right...?SS absorbs*cough* among others. And with the amount of flashing you do overall, youd benefit much more from the 245 libram.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

ROFL. That's great. I don't have anything further to add other than that I'm pretty sure the tank in the story was me on my alt.

Frost Libram is like the worst possible way to spend your badges. You might as well just take them and delete them from your inventory for all the good it will do.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    I'm pretty sure the tank in the story was me on my alt.
    WIN

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    Easy 10 man content doesnt qualify as a baseline for libram usage.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Numbers time.

Last 10man I cast 915 Holy Lights. If I didn't have Libram of Renewal, each HL would cost 1274 mana.

1274 * 915 = 1165710 mana spent on Holy Lights.
    With Libram, it would be
    1161 * 915 = 1062315 mana spent on Holy Lights.

Which means..

1165710 - 1062315 = 103395 mana saved by using the libram.

That's pretty significant. That's nearly 90 free Holy Lights in that run.

What I'm most likely gonna do is use PvP libram or the 245 Libram on fights which doesn't strain my mana in 10mans (Every boss but Valithra, Blood Queen, Blood Princes(lolwat)). Specially if we are using 3 healer setup (Which we never do, but in pugs maybe..), then I'd use a spellpower boost libram.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierax

Wow you do realize that with the 245 libarm, and the holy light glyph you do a great job healing everyone near the tank aswell? you can say its not your consern but if thats your attitude your not much of a team player eighter. From the sound of it a selfclaimed pro like yourself should know this, right?

And to who ever claims that the 200 libarm is better because every 11'th HL you cast is free.. If your mana reg is so bad you have to save for penny's like that you have bigger problems to worry about. I drink up after every fight no matter if i am almost oom or have 80% mana left so the few hundred mana saved pr HL is history after that and insignificant. Period!
    this is my signature, there are many ones like it but this one is mine..