Looking for an announcement mod

Hi,
    I'm looking for a mod like castyeller that will say something when I recieve a buff instead. As far as I can tell cast yeller requires something to be cast. There was a mod called battlecry that could do that but it was abandoned a while ago and some fans updated it but it is my understanding that it doesn't work anymore. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    Dashaus

Re: Looking for an announcement mod

Just wondering why someone would need an addon like this.

What buff do you need to yell out when you get?

Seems kind of annoying, and I do not know of an addon like this besides PowerAuras which will show you a customized display on your screen for any type of buff you need to be aware of.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

PowerAuras Classic.

It lets you set it up so whenever you receive a buff or debuff that a image will pop up on your screen and/or a sound will play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragels
    PowerAuras Classic.

It lets you set it up so whenever you receive a buff or debuff that a image will pop up on your screen and/or a sound will play.
    Yes but power auras doesn't say anything. I already use it but that's not what I'm looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous
    Just wondering why someone would need an addon like this.

What buff do you need to yell out when you get.
    I don't NEED to yell it, it's just for fun. (you guys remember that right? the reason we play the game? lol)

You can download a program that records .mp3 files and you can put it in your powerauras folder and then use it ingame. when I get the Necrotic Plague on the Lich King encounter I can hear myself screaming ''PLAGUE''.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodrik
    You can download a program that records .mp3 files and you can put it in your powerauras folder and then use it ingame. when I get the Necrotic Plague on the Lich King encounter I can hear myself screaming ''PLAGUE''.
    I want a yell in raid for when I gain the taunka buff from my deathbringers will that yells out "Taunka Tough!". Its a joke for a few of us and we think it would be funny. I don't literally mean play a sound that yells(bc that would be simple to do in power auras!). Does gaining a buff technically count as me casting a buff maybe I CAN use aftercast?

Well, this isn't overly what you're looking for, but if you set a MASSIVE Powerauras icon to cover the entire screen for a second (or less, preferrably) when you get the buff, you could just bind a macro with the yell to any easily accessible buttons (or all your easily accessible buttons).

Well I dunno about a giant power aura but I was considering just making a macro if this didn't pan out. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus
    Well I dunno about a giant power aura but I was considering just making a macro if this didn't pan out. :-\
    Well, I was just thinking so that you'd notice it, jsut making a MASSIVE aura, like 900% size or something. Mostly for the laughs, though ;D

A little confused on my side, you want an addon that /y something?

Get DoTimer.

• Check simple mode off (so you can have access to the more complex options.)
    • Go to Notifications.
    • Add New Event -> Player -> Buff Gain
    • In the field named "Match" type the buff's name exactly (the Deathbringer's Will proc)
    • At Basic options click on Type, pick Chat.
    • At Customizable option click Chat, pick "say" (or whichever channel you want)
    • At message field type the text you want (Taunka Tough!)
    • At filter options pick whatever you like (so it doesn't spam in 5mans/bgs/in dalaran killing critters only in raids)
    • Click Create! then click Okay.
    • Enjoy the hate because of your spamming.
    • Thank me.

You're welcome.

Erm, ok...

I'm kinda lost too... why would someone want something to yell out something you have gained? surely a new buff icon, or a message in the combat log pleases you?

Edit re-read statement

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dere
    Erm, ok...

I'm kinda lost too... why would someone want something to yell out something you have gained? surely a new buff icon, or a message in the combat log pleases you?

Edit re-read statement
    Quote Originally Posted by dashaus
    I want a yell in raid for when I gain the taunka buff from my deathbringers will that yells out "Taunka Tough!". Its a joke for a few of us and we think it would be funny. I don't literally mean play a sound that yells(bc that would be simple to do in power auras!). Does gaining a buff technically count as me casting a buff maybe I CAN use aftercast?
    Reading more than the OP is fun!

I had lost control of the mouse, so may have missed a few, but still...

tbh, I don't think there is one that comes from gear-procs, but there might be a script or something lurking around the net for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dere
    I had lost control of the mouse, so may have missed a few, but still...

tbh, I don't think there is one that comes from gear-procs, but there might be a script or something lurking around the net for it.
    Relinking the solution before it gets lost in the massive useless "lol y wud u want that nub lol" posts

http://www.mmo-champion.com/interfac...21/#msg2164821

Quote Originally Posted by aztek
    Get DoTimer.

• Check simple mode off (so you can have access to the more complex options.)
    • Go to Notifications.
    • Add New Event -> Player -> Buff Gain
    • In the field named "Match" type the buff's name exactly (the Deathbringer's Will proc)
    • At Basic options click on Type, pick Chat.
    • At Customizable option click Chat, pick "say" (or whichever channel you want)
    • At message field type the text you want (Taunka Tough!)
    • At filter options pick whatever you like (so it doesn't spam in 5mans/bgs/in dalaran killing critters only in raids)
    • Click Create! then click Okay.
    • Enjoy the hate because of your spamming.
    • Thank me.

You're welcome.
    Thank you!!! I will enjoy the hate so much lol.