[Ele] Static Shock-like Talent

Just read someones post earlier saying we don't have a Static Shock like talent as Elemental, how do you think this would affect our dps? Firing off Lightning Shield charges everytime LB/CL crits? I think that would be awesome, I also think Static Shock should be in Elemental Tree also.

What do you think of the matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Re: [Ele] Static Shock-like Talent

Lightning Overload feels kinda like Static Shock to me, Static shock causes Lightning Shield to proc off of attacks, Lightning Overload causes the same but weaker spell to be cast off of casting.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial476
    Lightning Overload feels kinda like Static Shock to me, Static shock causes Lightning Shield to proc off of attacks, Lightning Overload causes the same but weaker spell to be cast off of casting.
    this pretty much
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

It just feels like we are stuck with Water Shield, which aside from the Mp5 gained from it is rather useless, as we have zero mana issues during a fight. Resto has Earth Shield (Other) which is a HUGE part of their Spec, aswell as Water Shield (Self), I just find it odd how they decided to give Enhancement Static Shock over Elemental considering they have Maelstrom, which is an instant-cast CL/LB. I don't know, maybe I just really want to use something other than Water Shield. Bawww.
    i dont understamd ???

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    It just feels like we are stuck with Water Shield, which aside from the Mp5 gained from it is rather useless, as we have zero mana issues during a fight. Resto has Earth Shield (Other) which is a HUGE part of their Spec, aswell as Water Shield (Self), I just find it odd how they decided to give Enhancement Static Shock over Elemental considering they have Maelstrom, which is an instant-cast CL/LB. I don't know, maybe I just really want to use something other than Water Shield. Bawww.
    Get out of that silly mana spec and you'll notice how we can have mana issues if not using water shield

I'm fine with only using water shield as elemental. Even I use the mana spec but if I let water shield fall off too long I start to notice my mana pool getting smaller and smaller, especially on multi target fights. Indeed it would be interesting to watch even more numbers pop up if we had a Static Shock like talent, but then we'd have to be refreshing lightning shield every time it falls off which, if your haste is high enough, would more than likely lower your damage since you are having to waste a GCD on a shield rather than pounding out another 11-13k lightning bolt.

Maybe the lightning shield would do some decent damage but as I said, with high haste you would just be refreshing it far too often for it to be a real dps boost.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nichbaar
    I'm fine with only using water shield as elemental. Even I use the mana spec but if I let water shield fall off too long I start to notice my mana pool getting smaller and smaller, especially on multi target fights. Indeed it would be interesting to watch even more numbers pop up if we had a Static Shock like talent, but then we'd have to be refreshing lightning shield every time it falls off which, if your haste is high enough, would more than likely lower your damage since you are having to waste a GCD on a shield rather than pounding out another 11-13k lightning bolt.

Maybe the lightning shield would do some decent damage but as I said, with high haste you would just be refreshing it far too often for it to be a real dps boost.
    [Glyph of Lightning Shield]
    Your Lightning Shield spell no longer has a maximum amount of charges.

Fixed
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial476
    I always saw Lightning Overload more like the caster version of Windfury Weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingsteak
    Get out of that silly mana spec and you'll notice how we can have mana issues if not using water shield
    I honestly haven't a clue what you mean by Mana Spec.
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator

Fixed
    ^^^^ this^^^^

and while they´re at it, they could make lightning shield baseline proc (6% like static shock) of all kind of attacks comming from the shaman.

blizzards mistake at shaman design is that most of our abilities wont become interesting before specced/glyphed.
    we need more interestign baseline abilities.

that being said, i aggree with the opinion that watershield is boring. at least you do not have to refresh it every few seconds though ^^.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

They should give us a Fire Shield increasing our spell damage by a % of our intellect, increasing our spell crit by 5% and restoring mana on each of our crits.

And they should change Water shield to increase Healing power by % of intellect, increase spell haste by 3% and the 100mp5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan
    They should give us a Fire Shield increasing our spell damage by a % of our intellect, increasing our spell crit by 5% and restoring mana on each of our crits.

And they should change Water shield to increase Healing power by % of intellect, increase spell haste by 3% and the 100mp5.
    You get your 5% crit from totem. If you need mana, use water shield. I don't know if totem spellpower isn't enough already? But if anything this would be the only logical buff for fire shield, the rest is already covered by other spells.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    You get your 5% crit from totem. If you need mana, use water shield. I don't know if totem spellpower isn't enough already? But if anything this would be the only logical buff for fire shield, the rest is already covered by other spells.
    For starters we do not get 5% crit from a totem.

Secondly, 280 spell power from Totem of Wrath is vastly inferior to a Demonology Warlock's Demonic Pact which can offer up to 550 spell power depending on how well geared the Lock is.

Thirdly, Elemental Shamans are the only spec/class to not scale from any of the base stats in terms of damage output and the intellect buff would be welcomed by about 95% of all Elemental Shamans.

Finally, our crit strike chance is about 10-15% lower than other casters who are equally geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator

Fixed
    Enh Shammies would abuse that. We would no longer need to talent for more Lightning Shield orbs, nor would we ever have to refresh our shield. Kinda makes it OP for other specs.

To change Ele I would say yes to a Fire Shield of a sort that increases Damaging spell power by an amount and maybe give like 3% haste. Something simple like that.

This is the conversation I was hoping for, I had totally forgotten about the Fire Shield idea, but I think Warlocks would QQ because they have a Fire Shield, which totally blows.
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Nezapadooke
    Enh Shammies would abuse that. We would no longer need to talent for more Lightning Shield orbs, nor would we ever have to refresh our shield. Kinda makes it OP for other specs.

To change Ele I would say yes to a Fire Shield of a sort that increases Damaging spell power by an amount and maybe give like 3% haste. Something simple like that.
    not really. just having an higher amount of charges isn´t what makes static shock interesting. it´s the chance of procing lightning shield from melee hits.

combined with my opinon that lighnting shield should proc baseline from dmg dealt, yes, it would affect an enhancement shamans talent-spec.

however, blizzard wants to re-do many talents/abilities with cata anyway, so i see no reason why we would not get such a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

simple answer no we dont use lightning shield however make lightning overload into new talent called elemental overload or some new name will do same effect but also will give to your lava burst chance to cast 2nd similiar spell for 25% of lava burst dmg that will balance it around for pvp cus it always crit and will extra nice boost for pve

"The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.