How to improve my DPS as Ele

Hi guys, my first post here in MMO! Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian ^^

So, i am specc'd Ele, my rotation is FS -> LvB -> LBx5 -> LvBon CD. when FS is out i'll renew it and then redo all my rotation... I thing it's pretty good °_°

Link Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...kar&cn=Leyther

In every Hero i'm first all the time...
    In 10 man, mmmh...
    in 25 man, i am on the bottom of the recount with 2.5-3k DPS

So, what's the problem? ò_o
    Help me find a solution ç_ç

Thank you!

Re: How to improve my DPS as Ele

Ignore socket bonuses that want blue gems. Only use 2 glowing gems for your meta gem. After that use all Spell power red gems OR use a Spell Power/Haste orange gems if they would be a higher damage increase than raw spellpower.

Your haste seems low so try to get that up.

Follow these guide lines: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-shaman/elemental-shaman-wotlk-faq-and-basic-mechanics-updated-for-3-2!/

Mostly remember the stat priorities: Hit (until capped) > Spell Power > Haste > Crit

I'm new to Ele, but I thought you should CL when you can, mana dependant.

Your haste is low, use chainlighting on cooldown (Flame shock must be up and LvB on cooldown before CL)
    Epic gems...
    Don't go gemming haste though to get your haste up.. gem spellpower... spellpower + haste in yellow sockets if you get a decent socket bonus.

So gem epic gems, and put CL in your "rotation" if you cant afford epic gems make sure to do wintergrasp for the quests everytime its available.

gemming crit = no
    mp/5 crit items = no
    trinket with 128 hit = /facepalm
    mining = 600hp?

if there's another ele/demo lock u can use fire ele/searing to boost ur dps alot.

otherwise u just need alot better gear, nobody wants crit/mp5 mail not even resto shamans or holy paladins.

As Ele myself (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...vius&cn=Rimaru) I always go for the 23 SP gems. Ofc, after being hitcapped, which i'm not atm, waiting for a few emblems of frost.

Anyways, CL on single target should only be considered if you have time for it prior to LvB after your LB is done and casting another one would delay your LvB by a bit. Keep in mind that your highest damage ability is LvB so you should use it off every CD.

Dunno tho about being 1st in DPS as ele sham in HCs, long are the days when I get to cast more than 2 spells. But back to your gems. So after you're hitcapped go for SP, haste will come along with better gear (or, as the itemization is quite poor in ICC for ele sham, with better resto gear - check out my wrists and belt, BIS). Gemming for haste is not that good, it's pretty much for the resto in you but I agree that it's kind of low. Try including FN in your rotation, that is if you can get in range to drop the totems and then back out of Cleave's way while casting at the same time - for 25 mans or even 10 man you pop racial + FS + Elem mastery + LvB if you're considering this, as you strafe away.

your gear is fine your dps isn't.

my guess is your suffering from your movement, try to move as little as possible, frost shocking whilst moving and restarting your rotation as fast as possible.

in your gear 5k dps should be more than achievable

10+ Year Old Account

About the CL part. Use it as much as possible if it fits your rotation between LvB cd's AND if you don't go out of mana. This is even for single target a good spell considering the casttime difference between CL and LB due to your lack of haste.
    Another option is to cast LvB, LB, CL so that the clearcasting proc from LvB will make your CL much less mana expensive.
    Why not LvB, CL, LB then? Your LvB needs to hit the target before you get your clearcasting proc. So putting a LB in between will give you this time.

Gems: only 2 gems with SP+stam (for meta gem) and the rest will be SP.

Some stats to compare:
    My haste is at 1025 and yours is at 527.
    Your spellpower is at 2386 and mine is at 3139.
    Your mp5 is at 335 and mine is at 296. (Drop this asap if you can)
    Also consider you hit rating. You are above 14% but you only need 11% (if you have a spriest or some sort with the 3% hit debuff on mobs)

Now my gear is much better so that creates a big difference but you can see that you need to increase on haste as much as you need to increase on spellpower.
    SP will give you more damage per cast, haste will give you an oppurtunity to cast just that 1 more LB in between LvB cd's.

I see you are really posting your rotation, but try to play more with a priority based rotation.
    #0 Flameshock (always keep this up, but don't refresh to quick)
    #1 Lava Burst
    #2 Chain Lightning (when your mana allows this or with the Lvb, LB, CL rotation.)
    #3 Lightning Bolt
    #4 Frost Shock (only when moving)
    #5 Fire Nova (my exp: only with 3+ mobs near your totem)
    No response from server

Ty guys ^^ I'm goin' to try ^^

Latency and Lag can have a very significant effect on our dps. We make so many cast communications between server and client that latency between casts is a high percentage of our rotation. If you have a good internet connection and computer then mashing your buttons faster will be a big boost in dps. You want to watch your cast bar go immediately from completing a cast into starting the next cast with no delay.