Poll: Is it fair?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Premonition (r)11/12 (normal) 266 72.00

It appears that WoW progress took away their Heroic achievements due to circumventing the Heroic attunement by inviting a member from another guild that had attunement.

My question to you guys is simple: Is that fair, or should Premonition be allowed to keep their Heroic achievements?

Sure, they still have the achievement, but to not be able to get ranked because of it is another story.

No drama, just your opinions please.

Re: Premonition (r)11/12 (normal) 266 72.00

It clearly states they only need one member in the raid, so i say No.

I'm a bit confused by the whole thing, honestly. They are an amazing guild, I'm quite uncertain why they seem to be the only top notch guild that didn't defeat him week one, while I know the fight is not faceroll like others are, I don't think it would be a stopper for a guild that achieved world first Insanity. While I still feel that, if I were them, I'd go for Arthas before hardmodes, that wowprogress should not take away what they did in heroic. No offense to them, but Paragon pretty much scooped up every notable world first hardmode already, and in no way in hell is Prem in any place to be concerned with World first Arthas at this point. I don't think people will care if Prem gets world 37th BQL because they 'cheated', people care mainly about top 3 spots, but notably, of course, world first.

Ya, who cares. It's not like they used an exploit. They took a member who got it legit. I don't see the problem.
    Priest/DeeKay
    Support are troops

15+ Year Old Account

It's the principle of the matter.

They failed to kill The Lich King on 25 Normal. So, they circumvented the system by (presumably) poaching a member of another guild who had already killed him just so they could have a real shot at it.

Honestly, if their core raider group couldn't defeat the Lich King, they don't deserve to be doing it in Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac

They failed to kill The Lich King on 25 Normal. So, they circumvented the system by (presumably) poaching a member of another guild who had already killed him just so they could have a real shot at it.

Honestly, if their core raider group couldn't defeat the Lich King, they don't deserve to be doing it in Heroic.

So they got removed from some unofficial, unimportant website? I doubt they could care less about that.
    As long as Blizzard does not say they used an exploit all their kills are legit.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac

Thats not necessarily the point... Maybe they didnt get it first week.. because bag lag on their server at the end of the week when they raid or something like that... There are too many variables... I say let them keep it since, they can clear heroics faster then other guilds...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SarahWalker
    Thats not necessarily the point... Maybe they didnt get it first week.. because bag lag on their server at the end of the week when they raid or something like that... There are too many variables... I say let them keep it since, they can clear heroics faster then other guilds...
    I'm sure there was lag on the other servers, it'd be stupid to say that there wasn't.

So, just because there was lag, they should be handed the privilege? Nu-uh.

The kills are legit, yes. But it doesn't mean they weren't gained through cheap means. Especially from a guild that had what, World First Tribute to Skill AND Insanity?

Maybe they didn't use any alts raid group to attempt(and learn) the lich king first and ended up using all their attempts on first week.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

let them keep it, did they kill the heroic bosses, yes, and i can say from experience that lag plays a huge part especially in limited attempt bosses that have not been tested. My guild spent for 2 day on BQL because we hit huge lag spike through out the encounter and missed the enrage. Now BQL is easy, but huge lag spikes during defile = wipe

15+ Year Old Account

if you took anytime to look through these forums you would find the 20 other threads about this and the answer as to why they did not kill the lich king.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

pretty sure they had a mage who was in their main raid screw them over for the lich king fight during last week, preventing them from killing him, so instead of just going through normal again they found a way to do heroics. i have no doubt theyll kill him this week on normal

15+ Year Old Account

Okay, after doing a bit more searching, the reason they did not kill The Lich King in 25 normal is because a member, apparently emo-raged, and burnt up all of the LK attempts in their raid ID.

If that story is true, I retract my previous statements with apologies where they are due.

However, as someone said, it's only WoWProgress. Blizzard hasn't removed their achievements or any of that, so as far as I'm concerned, it's a legit method. The 25-kill most likely would have happened, if it weren't for some 'tard.

Didn't they get rid of limited attempts for normal mode on tuesday, so why couldn't they down it this week?

10+ Year Old Account

As everyone else - who have functioning "cranial neurons" - has said:

It is unfair!
    It is stupid, and no one cares about some random unimportant website claiming nonsense...

There is a legit reason for why they had to go into the gray area, this "controversy" (or whatever the idiots call it).
    Some moron "emoquit" and burnt their remaining attempts, thereby preventing them from killing him that week. To remain in the "race", they recruited someone.

Quick, excellent thinking on PREMONITION's part...and other than VODKA, they are the one's - I hope - who get the first kills! They both deserve it...not that there aren't others, anyone who hasn't...exploited!
    Death Knight 90 (Primary Main) | Hunter 90 (My First Toon) | Paladin 90 (Secondary Main)
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    . . .*Giefs Valquirie a cookie jar*

Aww, thank you. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Huntdanoobs
    Didn't they get rid of limited attempts for normal mode on tuesday, so why couldn't they down it this week?
    Of course, why not?! Why should they not go for the NORMAL mode kill, when they can try for the HEROIC mode!?! And 25-player version is 25-player version, irrespective of whether it's normal or heroic...or am I wrong?
    Death Knight 90 (Primary Main) | Hunter 90 (My First Toon) | Paladin 90 (Secondary Main)
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    . . .*Giefs Valquirie a cookie jar*

Aww, thank you. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valquirie
    Of course, why not?! Why should they not go for the NORMAL mode kill, when they can try for the HEROIC mode!?! And 25-player version is 25-player version, irrespective of whether it's normal or heroic...or am I wrong?
    But the attempts reset tonight.

Why not kill LK on normal, get some nice 277 weapons and loot, and then re-kill everything again next week?

The extra gear will help, don't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntdanoobs
    Because they don't care about normal modes?

random unimportant website
    Which is the most used progress ranking site with the best system ... yeah, really unimportant.

And unless you are really really close to an important kill you save the last try and down the bosses in normal mode, everything else would be stupid.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Luth%C3%ADen