Poll: Is it fair?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Premonition (r)11/12 (normal) 266 72.00

Quote Originally Posted by Luthien
    Which is the most used progress ranking site with the best system ... yeah, really unimportant.
    It is unimportant in terms of the guilds progress in the game. They didn't get credit for Heroic bosses they obviously killed. So, the site is wrong. Grats.

10+ Year Old Account

Which is the most used progress ranking site with the best system ... yeah, really unimportant.
    Stupid site is unimportant.
    The End!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    But the attempts reset tonight.

Why not kill LK on normal, get some nice 277 weapons and loot, and then re-kill everything again next week?

The extra gear will help, don't deny that.
    Yeap, they should kill him in Normal mode this week, and remain a whole week behind in Heroic progression. Sounds...fair!?!
    It's the same thing, like that stupid site...and yes, it is stupid. I can confirm it has yet to update my guild's info, or mine. :P
    (And what about the ads? No, such ads don't belong on a "reliable progression ranking site", in my opinion. :P)
    Death Knight 90 (Primary Main) | Hunter 90 (My First Toon) | Paladin 90 (Secondary Main)
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    . . .*Giefs Valquirie a cookie jar*

Aww, thank you. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock
    Maybe they didn't use any alts raid group to attempt(and learn) the lich king first and ended up using all their attempts on first week.
    They did. And there was little lag on Sen'jin compared to other servers.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valquirie

Yeap, they should kill him in Normal mode this week, and remain a whole week behind in Heroic progression. Sounds...fair!?!
    It's the same thing, like that stupid site...and yes, it is stupid. I can confirm it has yet to update my guild's info, or mine. :P
    (And what about the ads? No, such ads don't belong on a "reliable progression ranking site", in my opinion. :P)
    Wait. What?

I'm sorry, but are you stupid?

The whole instance resets tonight. Why wouldn't they kill him on normal? Holy crap.

Next week, everyone gets a fresh reset of Heroic ICC again.

Seriously. You HAVE to be trolling.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock
    Maybe they didn't use any alts raid group to attempt(and learn) the lich king first and ended up using all their attempts on first week.
    Yes, that is to be expected from one of the top guilds, right? Despite the argument being valid in it's..."essence", I doubt it applies to a guild as good as Premonition.
    Death Knight 90 (Primary Main) | Hunter 90 (My First Toon) | Paladin 90 (Secondary Main)

Aww, thank you. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

Wait.

What?

I'm sorry, but are you stupid?

The whole instance resets tonight. Why wouldn't they kill him on normal?

Holy crap.
    Yes, I am stupid to believe that you know what "Normal" mode is being referred to - it's 25-Normal, by the way. I am also stupid for not realizing that killing a boss in 25-Normal, would save them to the 25-player version of the raid, thereby preventing them from killing him in 25-Heroic this week!
    ...Or was I wrong earlier - and, therefore, now - in thinking that 25-Normal and 25-Heroic, do NOT share "saves"/Raid IDs.

Aww, thank you. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, I am stupid to believe that you know what "Normal" mode is being referred to, and I am stupid for not realizing that killing a boss in 25-Normal, would save them to the 25-player version of the raid, thereby preventing them from killing him in 25-Heroic this week!
    It's the same raid. Normal = Heroic. It doesn't matter.

25 man is 25 man.

Killing him ON MONDAY NIGHT, would net them 12/12 kills for the week, and then when it resets OVERNIGHT, ITS A FRESH RESET TOMORROW.

Seriously, is it that hard?

And if you're referring to extending the lockout - the attempts don't reset, afaik. They remain the same of the current week.

IE: if you had 7 attempts left, and you extended the lockout, you'd still have 7 attempts the next week.

10+ Year Old Account

It's the same raid. Normal = Heroic. It doesn't matter.

25 man is 25 man.

Killing him ON MONDAY NIGHT, would net them 12/12 kills for the week, and then when it resets OVERNIGHT, ITS A FRESH RESET TOMORROW.

Seriously, is it that hard?

And if you're referring to extending the lockout - the attempts don't reset, afaik. They remain the same of the current week.

IE: if you had 7 attempts left, and you extended the lockout, you'd still have 7 attempts the next week.
    What if they exhausted all their Heroic attempts before Monday?

Aww, thank you. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account

While that may be so, it's also a website not actually run by Blizzard.

So, to be quite honest, I think it is fair in both respects. It is fair for the website to remove their progress due to the fact that all the guilds in heroic mode progression obtained it by killing the Lich King on normal difficulty without raid members from other guilds.

It is also fair that Blizzard did not punish them for this, and allowed them to keep all progress in-game, as well as loot. Because they utilized proper game mechanics to do so. They only had to have one person in raid who has beaten the Lich King to unlock heroic, and they did exactly that.

On a side note, limited attempts on the Lich King were not removed from normal mode until a few days after he was killed, essentially one week after he was released.

First Lich King kill was done on February 4th (unofficially) by Ensidia.
    First official LK25 kill was done by Paragon on February 5th.
    First US kill was by Vodka, also Fevruary 5th.
    Limited attempts on normal mode were removed on February 8th in a hotfix.

Now given that simple fact, no, Premonition had to use limited attempts last week for the Lich King. This week they would not have to, however they instead skipped it and went straight to heroic mode.

To be honest, I actually praise Premonition for doing so. Frankly, forcing top-end guilds to clear normal to get to heroic is a huge waste of time and an even bigger waste of skillset. Let them just go into heroic day 1 and finally have they challenge they all crave.

I guess people forget facts that are more than one week old. Reading is fundamental.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account

What if they exhausted all their Heroic attempts before Monday?
    Okay, let's use logic.

If they weren't even remotely close to killing one of the heroic-limited attempt bosses by the last attempt, you think they'd just switch it over to normal, and kill the rest on normal and then attempt it again next week.

If they wiped at 2% on Sindragosa, for example, and after that, they had 1 attempt left, I'd understand them using up all of their attempts. But from what I can tell, it's often hit-or-miss with wipes.

Some moron "emoquit" and burnt their remaining attempts, thereby preventing them from killing him that week.
    That is not true. Stop spreading lies.

To me that feels exactly like the guild (don't wanna mention names here :P) that xfered just to get another raid lockout...

The whole "top raiding" lost all glory in my opinion. Nowadays its all about which guild finds the best way between "clever use of game mechanics" and not being banned.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Woes
    From your assertion, I am sure we all would be correct to think you know what really happened. What happened? :-) I am genuinely curious as to what happened to this great guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk
    (don't wanna mention names here :P)
    You're too kind... :P

Aww, thank you. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Woes
    Actually, it's partially true. Their raiding mage was a drama queen and was either kicked or gquit, can't remember at this time, and they checked their logs for other Mage apps. The transferred toon had an app up with premo for over 3 months.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    . . .
    To be honest, I actually praise Premonition for doing so. Frankly, forcing top-end guilds to clear normal to get to heroic is a huge waste of time and an even bigger waste of skillset. Let them just go into heroic day 1 and finally have they challenge they all crave.

I guess people forget facts that are more than one week old. Reading is fundamental.
    I agree...and QFT

Aww, thank you. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving
    Actually, it's partially true. Their raiding mage was a drama queen and was either kicked or gquit, can't remember at this time, and they checked their logs for other Mage apps. The transferred toon had an app up with premo for over 3 months.
    Thank you...I was so afraid a source I take to be reliable could be so obviously wrong, maybe even lying! :-)

Aww, thank you. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

Okay, let's use logic.

If they weren't even remotely close to killing one of the heroic-limited attempt bosses by the last attempt, you think they'd just switch it over to normal, and kill the rest on normal and then attempt it again next week.

If they wiped at 2% on Sindragosa, for example, and after that, they had 1 attempt left, I'd understand them using up all of their attempts. But from what I can tell, it's often hit-or-miss with wipes.
    Hmm, I see some merit in that idea, but why would Premonition bother doing a normal kill when there is even the remotest chance of their getting a Heroic one? They are Premonition... :-)

Aww, thank you. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account

Hmm, I see some merit in that idea, but why would Premonition bother doing a normal kill when there is even the remotest chance of their getting a Heroic one? They are Premonition... :-)
    Because:

1. The world first for every kill (besides LK) has already been taken by someone else. What incentive is there? World 8th, US 3rd? Nobody cares about that, sorry.
    2. It nets them extra loot. Regardless if it's 264 as opposed to 277, I'm sure there's someone who could use it. Also, Sanctified T10 tokens.

It just seems extremely illogical for a guild who's been so top-notch. Obviously these are just assumptions and insinuations but I believe they hold water compared to some others out there.

The reason Premo skip normal LK is b/c a mage, Psamtik who apped to vodka was told he would get into vokda if he waste all of premo lich king attempts. so he did and then was rejected by vodka.

Quote Originally Posted by displaced
    The reason Premo skip normal LK is b/c a mage, Psamtik who apped to vodka was told he would get into vokda if he waste all of premo lich king attempts. so he did and then was rejected by vodka.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...40344188&sid=1

Quoting from the thread:

So you didn't waste remaining attempts like the rumors going around are saying?

Nope. -Psamtik

Did you guys run into a lot of bad luck with lag and *@!% like that or something? Or was it one of those really bad off weeks where the guild was actually incapable of killing normal mode Arthas that week?

It was one of those really bad off weeks, on the worst week possible. -Psamtik

Xav has said on premo's IRC that Psmatik blew their attempts, for what it's worth.

Please don't make things up. I never said that. -Xav