Guild issues (ICC related)

So one of my alts is a DK tank, that I use exclusively to tank 10mans. My current guild already has a ton of tanks, so I've been running with another smaller 10man guild for the past couple weeks in ICC10. They want me to /gquit with my DK and join there guild, which I'm open to...the problem is, they aren't very good. Like, can't down Professor. I'm trying to help them ascend to the next level. I'm not the all-knowing player, but I'm on Sindragosa with my main.

Our options are to continue to farm 10ICC for weeks and hope we slowly gear up and learn the encounters better. Or, I could try and run a 10ToGC every week as well to help gear up faster. I'm hesitant with the ToGC option because, as a tank, I've yet to tank that place for whatever reason. I've dps'd and heal'd it many, many times but have yet to tank it. Pretty straightforward though on each boss save Twins, maybe I need to suck it up.

Anyone have any ideas how I could get these guys running smooth?

Re: Guild issues (ICC related)

Tell them you wont quit. Continue to help them but they shouldnt be so demanding if your doing them a favor.

Your guild sounds better and easier to advance unless tanking is what you love to do then i guess you should quit.

You should probably bear in mind that most 10-man guilds are a bit more casual than 25-man ones. There's a lower level of organisation needed to herd 10 cats than 25.

This doesn't mean that the players are necessarily bad. If they're doing just 10-mans, then if they even regularly get to Putricide, never mind down him, they're doing alright (Rotface is a bit of a bastard in 10-man).

I'd kinda have to say go with the flow of the guild. If they're happy with their current progress, then stick with it. Yes, it means slow gearing up, but that's sometimes how it has to work. You can help out by being around to get people doing their daily dungeons and weekly raids for Frost Emblems. Even helping out farming mats for crafted gear will be a big boost for a strict 10-man crew.

If they're happy to go for ToGC, then give it a bash, and yes, you're gonna need to jump in and tank it. But depending on the players in the guild and how often you raid, they may find it more frustrating than going to ICC. For example, if you raid twice a week, clearing up to Putricide on the first night and then working on progressing through him on the second, that may feel more like progress and advancement to the guild than heading for ToGC and getting spanked by Faction Champs. Remember, if they've been learning in ICC they are making progress. Even if the boss isn't down, if you keep figuring stuff out and getting his health a little lower, you're progressing. Heading to ToGC may reset the learning to square one.

Do whatever makes you happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Ya, I mean, I like these guys and otherwise I would just be doing random PuGs with this alt tanking toon. It's almost like a side-project for me.

I don't really consider clearing up to PP a success, but who knows maybe it'll go better this week. In most 10mans that I run when I heal or dps it on other toons we've been getting down Blood Queen for weeks without problems. I think at our current state it's going to be difficult to get past PP without a substantial gear up, or perhaps a better strategy. Right now it's either PP or Council, I'd rather PP and then move on to Council as Council sucks on 10man. Although, I'll probably have to tank two of the Princes smultaneously since having a ranged tank on whatshisface hasn't been working out to well. If we get past BC then I have no doubt in my mind we have the DPS to get past Blood Queen.

It just sucks having to farm the first 5-6 bosses over and over and over each week, knowing each following boss is a pretty decent step up from where we are now, excluding Valrithia.

If they're bad, they're bad.

You won't get any better gquitting and joining their guild

What kind of problems are you havng on putricide? If your dps is too low and you're running into enrage or not getting slimes dead fast enough, that's maybe something that gear and possbily rotation/spec advice could help. However, if it's stuff like getting hit consistently with malleable ooze and orange flasks, improperly stacking or kiting oozes, it's less fixable (not to mention foreshadowing of some long nights on sindragosa) and personally I'd opt to not join their guild. Your call though.

Stay with your better guild. You'll want to slit your wrists in a month or so when they have LK on farm and your other guild is still wiping Putricide.

WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the input guys.

The one thing is...I don't tank for my guild in 10mans with this toon. I already heal and dps in 10mans, and my current guilds has a bevy of tanks. So I'm usually left pugging with this toon, and was trying to find a regular group to roll with. I think you guys are right though, I'm leaning towards not joining them. I just need to find a group of non-bads that'll run every week with the same goal in mind of killing the LK.

Once you picked up all the loot you need from the first wing bosses on your other toons, ask if you can bring your DK to Tank or DPS on the basis that it any spare loot is going you can it. The chances are, your guild will like gearing up your alt as well, because in the end it gives them extra flexibility because now you can bring DPS or a Tank in the event they are short? OK, its scraps from the table, but you get the badges and the experience and before you know it, you guild members will have everything they could possibly need leaving you free rein to mop up.

WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Ya, my guild sucks though. I mean, it's a decently progressed guild. However, it's one of those 'good boy' guilds where it's basically the 10 or so officers, their alts, their 2nd alts, and then maybe the rest. They don't care about anyone but themselves. The other week I was asked to leave a 25VoA so one of the officer alts could tank it, despite me having a few thousand HP more than the friend.

It's fine though, I'm not too hardcore anymore else I'd /gquit in a heartbeat. My old guilds got server firsts for pretty much everything on server (Maly, Sarth, Sarth 3D, Naxx, Ulduar), then everyone split and xferred. What was left of us went our separate ways, and here I am. Maybe I'll lean on some other non-officer types in guild that aren't part of the 'in' crowd and set-up a regular group.

TLR
    Sucks for me to be on a fail server.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrethel
    I'd kinda have to say go with the flow of the guild. If they're happy with their current progress, then stick with it. (...)
    That's some good advice right there. Adapt to their pace, you won't do them a favor if you try to rush them. They will gear up in a couple of weeks if you keep doing 6/12 (or maybe 7/12, 8/12) and they keep doing their daily and weekly. What's the hurry?

Dont waste your time in ToGC.

I'd suggest changing guilds on your DK if your main's guild has no alt-policy that prevents it.

Your presence inguild to answer questions and provide advice would probably help them more then any boss kill could hope to...

and the skill of the other guild seems to be your main concern more then any gear you might acquire on your alt.