Thread: Mouseover?

Mouseover?

Can anyone please explain how the mouse over macro's and addons work and how to get good at using them.

My pally is nearly lvl 67 and i find it causes problems clicking on portraits the cast.

when i look at the already posted desriptions its like mouseover target>targets target.

Does that mean it will heal the target if he is freindly or targets target if target inst freindly?

Feel free to LOL where applicable but dont wanna be noob when i hit 80, just keep thinking "its for the greater good"

Cheers
    Freindship is like peeing yourself, Others can see it but only you get the warmth that it brings.
    ______

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Spooked

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Mouseover?

a basic mouseover macro is this.

#showtooltip Flash of light
    /cast [@mouseover] Flash of light

that as a macro button would cast flash of light on what ever you are mousing over when you press it (normally a character portrait)

a patch or 2 ago they changed all "target=" to "@" in macros so a lot of information you will look for will be incorrect now. but you can easily edit any nice macro's you find by simply changing all the "target=" to "@".

so the point is you dont actually have to click on the portrait you just hover your mous over there fave and it will heal them and if dont hover over anyones face it will heal me?

Is that right?
    Freindship is like peeing yourself, Others can see it but only you get the warmth that it brings.
    ______

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

If you use the macro Devlin posted, it won't cast on yourself if you have no mouseover. It will fail to evaluate true on the @mouseover part, then have nothing else to check and therefore give an error saying you have no target.

He's also not entirely right in saying that a lot of the information you'll find will be incorrect. The 'target=' usage still works, it's just a longer way of typing it. Not a problem for shorter macros, but will become problematic if you're writing very long macros that are exceeding the character limit.

You can use:
    /cast [@mouseover, help] [] Flash of Light

That will cast Flash of Light on whoever you have your mouse hovered over, provided they're a friendly target that you can cast helpful spells on; if that's not the case - you don't have your mouse hovered over anybody, or you can't cast helpful spells on them, it will cast Flash of Light normally (denoted by the pair of empty square brackets, which always evaluates to true). Note that normally means that it will cast Flash of Light on your target if you have one, and only on yourself if you don't.

If you want it to only either heal your mouseover or heal yourself, then use:
    /cast [@mouseover, help] [@player] Flash of Light

As far as mousing over a target goes, you can either use a unit frame or the character model itself. Essentially anything that gets a tooltip to appear with their name and other information when you place your mouse over it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    If you use the macro Devlin posted, it won't cast on yourself if you have no mouseover. It will fail to evaluate true on the @mouseover part, then have nothing else to check and therefore give an error saying you have no target.

He's also not entirely right in saying that a lot of the information you'll find will be incorrect. The 'target=' usage still works, it's just a longer way of typing it. Not a problem for shorter macros, but will become problematic if you're writing very long macros that are exceeding the character limit.

You can use:
    /cast [@mouseover, help] [] Flash of Light

That will cast Flash of Light on whoever you have your mouse hovered over, provided they're a friendly target that you can cast helpful spells on; if that's not the case - you don't have your mouse hovered over anybody, or you can't cast helpful spells on them, it will cast Flash of Light normally (denoted by the pair of empty square brackets, which always evaluates to true). Note that normally means that it will cast Flash of Light on your target if you have one, and only on yourself if you don't.

If you want it to only either heal your mouseover or heal yourself, then use:
    /cast [@mouseover, help] [@player] Flash of Light

As far as mousing over a target goes, you can either use a unit frame or the character model itself. Essentially anything that gets a tooltip to appear with their name and other information when you place your mouse over it will work.
    This was exactly what i was looking for thankyou. ;D
    ______

Great help , i never understood mouse over stuff really.

Thanks