raid and dungeon puzzles

As fun as raids and dungeons are, sometimes it gets a little boring just to kill trash and bosses again and again. I was wondering how much interest the wow community would have if blizzard incorporated zelda-like puzzles into dungeons, or brain teasers that involve lore and working together as a party to figure stuff out. Mazes, riddles, mini games, etc. - if you have played Zelda then you know what i mean. Is this congruent with the wow franchise? Do you think this would be fun? I'm just interested in your thoughts.

Re: raid and dungeon puzzles

The first time you clear it, yes it would be fun. The next 100 times, it will just be a bother
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

If I wanted to play Zelda I'd play Zelda. If I wanted to play play Warcraft, I'll play Warcraft.
    I wouldn't want my Warcraft in my Zelda or my Zelda in my Warcraft.

Also - Random heroics take long enough as they are (A whole 10 minutes !!!), I don't need to spend another minute telling the already, grossly retarded amount of pugs how to solve puzzles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

Puzzles, by their nature, are only fun to solve. Once you know the solution they are not fun.

Now, try and explain to me how putting puzzles into a game where you are meant to clear the dungeons many times would make any sort of sense?

Gues a random puzzle in form of floating platforms you are needed to cross could be considered a puzzle.
    Dosnt require you to do anything but move around, and the randomness would make each visit differnt and not fell like a total grind.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

I could see your concerns about pug idiocy - i agree with that. As far as the puzzles becoming boring - I was thinking that they could make an algorithm that randomized puzzles to keep it fresh and exciting. Offering a rewards chest like a boss would also keep people motivated. Finally, so it doesn't become annoying like the Ulduar gauntlet, they can make the puzzle optional, not a requirement to get to the end of the instance. Or maybe they can make it a requirement the first time around, but not the times you farm it after. I just think it would add game-play variety. If they don't do it in an instance for groups, there should at least be more puzzles in quest lines besides kill 10 collect 10.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by foofighter4774
    I was wondering how much interest the wow community would have if blizzard incorporated zelda-like puzzles into dungeons, or brain teasers that involve lore and working together as a party to figure stuff out.
    GIEF!

LF1M <Raid name>, need a lore geek! ;D

Deleted

I don't do puzzles.

WoW as it is doesn't support the puzzles well. They work in Zelda, but the mechanics of them are odd in WoW somehow - Like the Ogri'la daily even. I can't think of more specifc examples but I can remember times when there were annoying things in quests like this.