Poll: Which Raid would you do if they were all level 80 with the same iLvl Gear. (1 option)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: If all raids were level 80, which one would you do?

Zul'Aman, I loved timed runs.
    80 Orc Hunter: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Hamstar

Tyrenis was before the race change.

AQ

as long as the event comes with it.

Kara. Awesome fights and awesome Lore

Quote Originally Posted by xiza
    Sunwell!
    hands down

Zul'aman. I love timed raids, especially because played right the whole instance takes less than one and a half hours.
    I've also always had an idea about Zul'gurub being a timed raid just like Zul'aman. The reward could be a hakkar mount.

10+ Year Old Account

I love both of the AQ raids, but I picked Ruins because it's so fun to do at night with the red sky and such. And bugs.

Thanks to Elyaan

I didn't start "hardcore" raiding until BC, only got half way through BWL at 60. So since Kael'thas in Tempest Keep was the first kick-you-in-your-balls hard fight I did, I'm quite partial to that. Damn, that fight was epic. I nearly shit my pants the first time we got him to 50% and he flipped out and destroyed his room.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

C'thun is the best boss ever so.. :

Ulduar updated, my fav definately, Flame L was so fun and interesting, the feeling of the place was amazing and the boss fights were fun and hard

Kara is winning are u serious ppl? it was fun at 70 for about a mth and thats it
    In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else

BWL. Best looking weapons in game drop there. (lewtwhore i am

Or kara. Opera event <3
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Some that I have never done before.

Blackwing Lair for me.

It was a tossup between that and Molten Core.

but the depression room mixed with drakes, goblins, class calls, big dogs.

Who could say no to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

So a tie

BWL, Kara, Sunwell. ZG seems like it might be some fun. AQ would be HELLA FUN!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Misha&cn=Avandin

10+ Year Old Account

Someone voted for TOC? What, do you want free 264/277 loot or something? TOC is an abomination for the most part - some fights have their moments (FC chaos, cleave like mad on Twins, zipping around cleaving the small bugs on Anub) but other than that it's pretty boring.

Bwl for me as I never got to try it as melee and it was my favorite classic big raid that I actually go to go in to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Honestly I voted for BWL, but I wouldn't mind do BWL or AQ40. Both of those raids, along with Naxx 60 were the best raids Blizzard ever made. BWL however is still my favorite.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

I think this is all about perception.
    AQ was at that time a rich encounter if you focus on the new experiences you made. A whole new Graphicsetting, Bosses with cool, new and unseen mechanics and an epic Questline that delivered the story. The opening of AQ was THE thing.
    MC and BWl were good Raids in my opinion, but even BRD, Strat etc. had been really cool "small raids" at that time. And Naxxramas... the old Naxxramas was something else. The encounters and the design were great, but the lack of story made it - for me - difficult to enjoy the "epic raid"-feeling.
    So, going into BC we ventured first to Karazhan. And frankly: if you lacked Tier3 etc. and were struggling to farm D3, Karazhan was hard. The story behind Mhediv was epic, but I hadn't read a single book about it - and the storytelling in WoW itself about these events wasn't that great. But the bossencounters had been really fun, there was a variety of different bosses. Later in BC, all these experiences had been trampled upon by "farmraids" to gain badges. Doin Karazhan in full Tier4 was a bit boring, but even later people ventured there with Tier5 and even Tier6-Equip - that made Karazhan into a huge joke. Gruul had been okay, but just a small "raidsnack". Magtheridon was'nt really complex either - except for the first weeks, where magtheridon had been tuned to the max. Reminded me to some of the bugged bosses like C'Thun.
    SSC and TK also lacked a bit of storytelling and most of these encounters weren't that epic - with the exception of their final bosses. Vashj had been a complex encounter, Kael was the bomb. Kael'Thas was just... it had been THE encounter at it's time. Epic as a fight. But the story... yeah... just a set back.
    BT was... in my opinion the pinnacle of BC-Raiding. It was fun, sometimes hard, sometimes not so hard, it had many miscellaneous encounter mechanics (Teron, Bloodboil, RoS one after the other, that had been a diversified raid experience) and - in my opinion - the storytelling had been pretty good. Except the parts of Illidans fight where you wished to fast forward the ingame sequences after serveral "visits" ;D
    Sunwell itself had been... in my opinion the story behind SWP is a bit... far-fetched. But SWP itself was a blast. To be erased by a trashpull on our first evening there... hilarious. The experience of trashmobs being harder than whole raidbosses was something I miss today. SWP consisted of six chained bossfights with unparalleled complexity and the whole numbers needed to be victorious there made a transition in Raidprogress more complex than in any other raid before.
    From a competitive point of view, Sunwell had been a blast. But from a "joyfull" point of view. Sunwell was pretty much hard work. Sunwell had been a challenge, but BT had been a great raid in my opinion.

And Lichking... Naxx2.0: a joke in difficulty and storytelling.
    Malygos... a joke in difficulty and storytelling.
    Sartharion... a joke in difficulty and storytelling. Sarth 3D had been the ONLY thing I enjoyed at that time.
    The whole achievementthingy... for me, it killed the urge "to kill the boss to see what's next". It has been more "okay, now we kill him with our legs bend to our back".

The whole Crusaderthing... a joke in difficulty and storytelling. Okay, the hardmode is somewhat difficult, but it's difficulty is a result of the numbers flowin' over the screen, and not of the complexity.

ICC is a good raid in my opinion, but ICC itself looks to me like a smaller, blueish version of the Black Tempel. Not as epic as expected.

So, there is something missing, isn't it? Right, Ulduar. In my opinion is the storytellig behind Ulduar the best one you can find in WotLK. And Ulduar itself is... epic. It's huge, it smells like ancient ruins and you would expect folks like Indy Jones or Lara Croft etc. to run around there. There had been trash that was difficult to deal with (the "road to mimiron" anyone?) and you can see bossencounters that are pretty unique and enjoyful. On top, the hardmodes are in some cases more than "the boss got twice it's life and deals twice it's damage". Mimiron Hard was great. But, after the first ID-period, some people cryed and Ulduar had been tuned down. Except for Ignis, in my opinon this didnt do any good to this raid.

AQ40. Simply cause Huhuran the Guild Killer killed our guild shortly after we got her down. Never had tries on Twins
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunoman
    Only idiots quote themselves

I´d go with AQ 40. I really love puging it nowadays and I´d imagine the bosses where even more epic when the gear and lvl matched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    That's because you're not looking.

Searing = Firy = Hot = Molten = Lava = Volcano = Disaster = Death
    Blade = Sharp = Pointy = Feather = Bird = Wing

Searing + Blade = Death + Wing

Thus, if Searing + Blade is equal to Burning + Legion, as well as to Death + Wing, and Death + Wing is equal to Old + Gods, then Burning + Legion = Old + Gods.

Simple math.

AQ40.

Just so I can use the bug mounts that I farmed! That, and it just seems cool. I've cleared it a couple times for fun, but it'd be neat to see how it is when it's tune to be at your level. :3