Does this sound right?

Oh hai der, just rolled my enh shaman as my main and have been simming it etc as i have progressively geared him up and i came across that my 245 t9 chest is better than the t10 one even at 264 level?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...%C3%90p%C3%B9s
    this is my character and i have repeated the sim and it says constantly that my chest cant be upgraded until ilevel 277s :/

edit: also according to rawr my new legs that i acquired are not as good as my previous 245 ones :/ or am i getting dragged into just higher ilevel=better

Deleted

Re: Does this sound right?

The reason for these results is that if you lose the T9 chest, you lose the set bonus. Effectively it's comparing the chest+set bonus against the t10. The legs is possibly the same issue or it's due to losing all that hit (although you're a draenei so you may be ok on that front).

As above it is most likely due to losing 2 parts Tier 9 set bonus. You can double check this by seeing the improvement you will have if you put in another part of tier 10 so you can get the 2 piece Tier 10 set bonus.

Again, double check the stats it gives, making sure it doesn`t do something obvious like drop you below hit cap.

10+ Year Old Account

What Snowdon said is correct, but you also take that "higher ilevel=better" a little 2 serious, higher ilevel does not mean better, usually in tiers it is better stats-wise but in other off-tier items this doesn't really apply.

ah right then, so maybe i should only consider getting my t10 when i have got the 2 piece ready to replace?

Deleted

Just use EnhSim and/or Rawr. They're not necessarily going to be 100% accurate but they're better than guessing. A few basic rules of thumb are: Make sure you're expertise and at least spelll hit capped. Haste is excellent for us, ArP isn't really. At certain levels of crit, you'll need more hit to prevent being crit capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon
    Just use EnhSim and/or Rawr. They're not necessarily going to be 100% accurate but they're better than guessing. A few basic rules of thumb are: Make sure you're expertise and at least spelll hit capped. Haste is excellent for us, ArP isn't really. At certain levels of crit, you'll need more hit to prevent being crit capped.
    Have you even bothered to read this topic or are you just trying to show the rest of us that you can copy info from other topics?

To OP: just stick with your 2p t9 till you can get 2p t10, upgrading your gear by 6ilvls is not worth the loss of a setbonus.

GL

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sapha
    Have you even bothered to read this topic or are you just trying to show the rest of us that you can copy info from other topics?
    I could have just said stick with 2 T9 until you get T10 but that's already been said by every poster in this thread and if the OP actually thought about it he'd realise that. The next time he has a minor gear issue then he'll be right back with an almost identical question so I figured it was better to give more general advice. Linking to an existing thread which most likely contains way more information than OP needed would show less reading comprehension rather than more. I'd question whether you've actually read this thread properly.