Poll: what do you think takes more skill. pvp or pve

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...

Re: POLL: what is harder. pvp or pve

I think this Answer is very simple. In PvE you can learn the tactics for boss encounters and eventually down them, PvP in arena is a diffrent story, Sure you come up against alot of the same comps but their playstyle, gear, skill can be totally different. You cant be ready too kill adds or move out of fire as they fire spells when they wish and CC how then like.

There is no bossmods for arena.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

As somebody who plays a lot more PvE in wow than PvP, I don't get what kind of rabid fan boy you have to be to try and convince people that PvE is harder.

I mean both obviously require a large investment of time to be good at, but unless you're a socially inept retard, putting time in to raiding is pretty much guaranteeing you results. Sure you might not be the quickest to kill the Lich King, but you'll get there in the end. Obviously people can be better than others but that doesn't make it "hard".

On the other hand you could sink as much time into PvP and never get anywhere near being top 10 in an arena bracket, even on a poor battlegroup. You see the end game in PvP isn't just to kill a boss, or how quickly you kill the boss, it's a constant battle against other top ranked and incredibly skilled opponents. It doesn't get easier to stay at the top once you're there, if anything your setup becomes the target of increased theorycrafting in an attempt to find a counter.

There are levels of skill in both aspects of the game for sure, I guess it depends if you're counting skill in PvE as being in the races for world firsts, but there are huge elements of luck involved in such 1 time events and the skill becomes more managing your raiding times and being fully prepared with alt groups and planning practice runs etc, which is a totally different skill from the fast reaction and quick wits required to be good at pvp. Which in my opinion requires a genuine talent as opposed to the relentless methodical grinding down of things which the PvE world first race end game is.

Big point that seems to have been missed, pve and pvp are completely different playstyles. Some of the best pvpers ive seen are hopeless in raids and the same for raiders in pvp.
    In the end does it really matter, Play what you enjoy and enjoy the ride.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Amazed so many people voted for PvE. Although a lot of the people in my guild who strictly PvP are total idiots when they enter a raid (and I refuse to go to a raid with any of them) I still believe that if they cared at all they could learn any PvE encounter and execute the fight just fine.

I have no doubt that the organizational aspect of 25 man PvE is harder the putting together a 2's team, but it only makes sense 25 people are harder to get in sync then 2. However, because you have 25 people in a raid each persons individual play ability isn't always that important because there are 24 other people backing them up.

To be perfect at pvp is harder. No one pvp's close to perfect as you can watch top rated players videos of their best clips and still find lots of flaws.

Pve it is easier to have perfect execution and the harder encounters are balanced around this.

That being said both are different i know glads that suck at pve and there are plenty of people in the best guilds in the world that suck at pvp.

Kinda like comparing counterstrike to starcraft imo they are really 2 different games.