Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Festergut Tips for Warlocks

where do you stand in this encouter ?

You need 3 Ranged , anyone else stay mid in the boss.

Your 3 ragned form a triangle.

All 3 Ranged have ~11 yards between each other

If mid gets 2 spores, 1 runs to X (the others stand still and keep on casting)
    If 1 Ranged got spore he runs to X (the others stand still and keep on casting)
    If 2 Ranged got spore one runs to Boss, and one to X (the others stand still and keep on casting)

Use Your circle for returning to your original position!
    As Warlock you normally only need to spores, to survie the AE.
    YOu have soullink, you have shadow ward (removed about 7k in my case)

A good time for bloodlust, is directly after the 6th spore blew up.

----------------------------1---------------
    ---------------------------------------------
    BOSS--------------------------X---------3-
    ----------------------------2----------------

Quote Originally Posted by GUESSWHOIAM
    If you remove Backlash from a PvE destro spec, you are a really bad lock.
    Or backlash is the talent that loses the least amount of dps when you want to drop something to pick up other raid utility/situational talents.

15+ Year Old Account

I stand in melee range and blow the crap out of him. Never have to move, always get 3 spores. If I get one of the spores and need to move to ranged, I have a portal waiting for me and everyone else runs to it.

R.I.P. YARG

teleport portal in the middle of ranged (however your spaced)
    Corruption/lifetap or 2xlifetap as you run back to the spot where your standing

Its really as simple as that, other people said what worked for them im sure you can peice it together to something that works for you.

*Note- i didnt check your gear but it sounds like your raid in general needs to step up their dps

Now for hardmode heres some tips
    Dodge goo
    3 stacks matter - on HM the aoe breath will more than likely instant gib you without 3 and even if you lived with 2, your tanks /healer might not
    spread out (we tanked boss further toward the door in 10 man, in 25 Im not sure this will be much help, dunno we spent last night killing HM Saurfang25)
    3 heal is helpful, most hm groups dont have a dps issue to give up the extra dps for the third healer,

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke
    3/13/55

Found your problem.

Drop 3 points from suppression and 2 points from backlash to take fully improved soul leech, you'll barely need to life tap any more. You don't need the hit as you're already over 1% past the optimal hit cap, 14%. You only need 17% total to never miss a boss, and you get 3% of that from having a moonkin or shadow priest.

Drop glyph of chaos bolt for glyph on incinerate.
    agree, still use Glyph of lifetap, but then just use a rank 1 life tap to still keep up the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by GUESSWHOIAM
    If you remove Backlash from a PvE destro spec, you are a really bad lock.
    Aside from the 1 point you might take out of Shadowfury, where are the other points coming from to get fully imp soul leech? Or do you spend half your time tapping to keep your mana up?

Typical spec - You can take or leave shadowfury, but you need to get that 2nd point into imp soul leech somehow.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

If we're talking higher personal DPS - I'd take 1 out of Sfury and 1 out of Destructive Reach for 3/3 Backlash.

I'd also move 2/2 Heathstone to 2/3 Demonic Embrace in Demo. (unless you're the only Warlock providing this).

wait....festergut has an enrage?
    lol jk, the only thign i can think of is your having issues with your rotation, post some logs so we can see if you messing things up...or go meta and stand on the boss and win
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

Can I ask what kind of tanks you use? As a bear i can tank first and pull a nice 5.5k dps on that fight with a good 1min30 to 2m left on enrage(if any dps are under 5k, kick them), a dk could do as well but it would be a little lower.

As for you personal DPS, if the only problem is you moving a second or two from time to time, i suggest going over to afflic and trying to time it so you only lose a shadowbolt cast while you move, which shouldn't hurt your dps so bad.

10+ Year Old Account

I raid Affliction as my main spec and demo as my off and i must say Affliction on this fight makes it a joke. Oh crap! spore i needs to run! you have what about 10 secs. Refresh your dots, while running Lifetap, get the spore then I teleport and go back to rotation =D!. Just make sure you don't let your dots at all. Warlocks shine for being able to DoT while moving.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowviper
    I raid Affliction as my main spec and demo as my off and i must say Affliction on this fight makes it a joke. Oh crap! spore i needs to run! you have what about 10 secs. Refresh your dots, while running Lifetap, get the spore then I teleport and go back to rotation =D!. Just make sure you don't let your dots at all. Warlocks shine for being able to DoT while moving.
    Off Topic, DP spec is better then LT spec, It scales much better with gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kruxx888
    Off Topic, DP spec is better then LT spec, It scales much better with gear.
    True but DP is annoying because your pet is not always in range.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

If your group is having issues beating the enrage timer on 10man, you might need to tell your melee to get their thumbs outta their asses.

No insult intended, but melee SHOULD be dominating this fight since they have absolutely nothing to do but dps, unless there're 2 spores in the melee group.

Now to the actually question. I raid hardcore Affliction, and on Fester it dominates since most of our damage comes from no letting Corruption fall off. Just follow the usual rotation, but make sure you proc a haste or crit trinket (and if you have it a Potion of Wild Magic) before you caste Corruption to get the max benefit out of it. Now just follow the usual Aff rotation while getting at least 2 spores. With Shadow Ward, you only really need 2 spores to survive (you can call for a priest shield if you don't feel confident. This gives you more direct dps time. In this effect I really envy Spriests since they can ignore all spores and just pop Dispersion to eat the Blight.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I didn't read the other comments but I'm just making sure you know that only three people need to be in range on Festergut in 10 man. You should be two healing it with one healer in melee and one healer being the stationary one at range, then two ranged DPS on either side of him, and any additional ranged DPS in melee. This obviously isn't a warlock specific tip but it's helpful at any rate.