Elemental Shaman Help

Ill start off by giving you a link to my character.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...illa&cn=Bipola

The question that i'm wondering is how should i gem my gear? i know i need a few upgrades, if you know any feel free to post them. I just bought lightening-infused legs and it brought me to the dilemma of what stats i need. i talked to some ele shamans on my server and they have a lot of haste and little crit. i always thought crit was better myself but now i'm not sure. The reason i didn't like haste is because of GCD. with elemental master my CL and LvB is at the GCD and i didn't want to loss dps to this. Though i just read in a forum that you should cut CL out of the rotation and get LB cast time as low as possible. so i'm just looking for some input and of how i can improve my character.

Re: Elemental Shaman Help

Dont gem SP + Crit, gemming crit is useless as the amount of crit on the gear is HUGE, replace them with SP + Haste, prob didnt need to gem full haste just use the + SP haste gem as well.

Step 1 New cloak!
    Step 2 New ring, hartmender is a good ring, but there is better out there, lets hope you get loot lucky

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by inkwell
    Ill start off by giving you a link to my character.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...illa&cn=Bipola

The question that i'm wondering is how should i gem my gear? i know i need a few upgrades, if you know any feel free to post them. I just bought lightening-infused legs and it brought me to the dilemma of what stats i need. i talked to some ele shamans on my server and they have a lot of haste and little crit. i always thought crit was better myself but now i'm not sure. The reason i didn't like haste is because of GCD. with elemental master my CL and LvB is at the GCD and i didn't want to loss dps to this. Though i just read in a forum that you should cut CL out of the rotation and get LB cast time as low as possible. so i'm just looking for some input and of how i can improve my character.
    You are correct that GCD capping can be an issue, however it is NEVER a dps loss to cap LvB. The faster you cast it, the faster the spell goes on CD no matter what the GCD does after the cast. Haste is *almost* always better than crit in terms of dps. The FAQ explains it better, but for some reason it isn't stickied anymore? Anyway, gem for straight SP and if you want to get a good socket bonus (5+ SP basically) use Stam/SP Haste/SP gems.

How I deal with my unbuffed haste and haste procs:
    Raid-buffed and Totem (electrifying wind for me) buffed, I use the FS>LvB on CD> CL on CD> LB spam priority
    If I have my engineering glove enchant active, my CL gets GCD capped so I switch to FS>LvB on CD> LB spam
    If my EM is active, same rotation
    If both are active, same rotation
    If only Heroism is active, same rotation
    If Heroism + Glove enchant is active, same rotation
    If Heroism + EM is active, I messed up. This pushes my LB cast time under the GCD cap you're worried about. The same is true for Heroism+engineer gloves+EM.

You have less haste than me so these priorities will probably differ. I just drop CL out of my rotation if and only if CL becomes GCD capped. I stop stacking haste procs if they push my LB under 1 second cast time.

Hope this helps

yah. i need the ring from 25m icc. ill re gem for haste. thank you for the help. i kinda knew that was wrong. just wanted to know if there is a haste cap. or the theory about having not using and CL and having LvB be over GCD.

Soft haste cap is Lightning bolt <1sec during hero

can anyone give advice on my gemming. for example, which pieces i should try to get the socket bonus and which which i should stack sp in?

proper gemming: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Boneshaman

only two blue gems, get a high sp bonus with both of them
    yellow only if you can get a sp bonus and only if its without additional blues
    every other blue/yellow/red socke: pure sp
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.