Thread: Rend as Fury

10+ Year Old Account

Rend as Fury

I have heard some fury warrs using rend in their rotation. Is it really worth it?
    I checked Ragebars spec and he has imp rend O.o
    I try to get full rage before the fight by activating bloodrage and bers rage and que HS, and I dont want to lose that much rage to stance change into battle and apply rend.
    I mean when you are constantly stancedancing to reapply rend how are you supposed to have enough rage for HS spam?
    lowskill Engrish

Re: Rend as Fury

technically only reason I personally would use rend is if I feel the need to shatter throw>rend>berserk bak to rotation
    I dont see rend being that big of a dps increase for the having to stance dance lose all your rage unless your actually rage starving yourself, to have not much else to do but switch stance to put a rend up. so who knows o:

like I said I personally wouldnt do it

My buddy is a fury warr and he's been trying it. According to Landsoul's spreadsheet it is a DPS upgrade for some. Other notable Fury warrs using Rend are:

Landsoul of vodka: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ns&cn=Landsoul

Cleavez of For The Horde: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=For+the+Horde

Ragebar of Ensidia: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ill&cn=Ragebar

Yukix of Wraith: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...geras&cn=Yukix
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

If you sunder for your raid, as I do, I find it almost impossible to keep rend up for a substantial DPS increase.

I could see making a macro that pops you into battle rends the back to berserk bound to like wheel-down so you can just spam it easily. Wouldn't take more than two GCD's to apply, which as fury you're bound to have a few long GCD's here and there anyway that's filled with waiting for your HS to swing. Might as well do something more constructive with the time.

Would it be worth glyphing for improved rend though? Furthermore, this seems like something that would only really be amazing if you had an arms warrior in the raid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibinto
    I could see making a macro that pops you into battle rends the back to berserk bound to like wheel-down so you can just spam it easily. Wouldn't take more than two GCD's to apply, which as fury you're bound to have a few long GCD's here and there anyway that's filled with waiting for your HS to swing. Might as well do something more constructive with the time.

Would it be worth glyphing for improved rend though? Furthermore, this seems like something that would only really be amazing if you had an arms warrior in the raid too.
    If you had an arms warrior, he would rend since it is part of his rotation

Quote Originally Posted by viau
    If you had an arms warrior, he would rend since it is part of his rotation
    Rend is an individual DoT, not a raid debuff. He was referring to an Arms warrior because they provide Trauma (+30% Bleed Damage).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

matters on what the encounter is so its a difficult decision to call

You have to ask yourself a few questions before you start dancing for rend, if these don't apply to you...swapping will net you nothing if not a loss in dps.

1. Do you have Rend glyphed?
    2. Do you have Imp Rend talented?
    3. Do you have a ping of < 40?
    4. Do you have primarily ICC or Heroic TotGC gear with ilvl 245 weapons...all itemized correctly?

If you don't satisfy any of these...dancing won't get you anywhere. If you do satisfy these, you can dance in your dead times in order to gain around 200-300 dps. This isn't really a massively scaling increase either...Rends damage increases with gear...but the increase isn't as much as you think. Screw up your ratation and dance for rend and miss a WW or BT, and you've lost overall dps doing it. Dance once with HS qued up and miss your OH and you'll sit for 2-3 secs rage starved. The key is having the gear to dance and immediately generate enough rage to WW or BT or slam with HS.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

bears give the same debuff, so if you have a feral...

bears give the same debuff, so if you have a feral...
    WHOOSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    You have to ask yourself a few questions before you start dancing for rend, if these don't apply to you...swapping will net you nothing if not a loss in dps.

4. Do you have primarily ICC or Heroic TotGC gear with ilvl 245 weapons...all itemized correctly?

If you don't satisfy any of these...dancing won't get you anywhere. If you do satisfy these, you can dance in your dead times in order to gain around 200-300 dps. This isn't really a massively scaling increase either...Rends damage increases with gear...but the increase isn't as much as you think. Screw up your ratation and dance for rend and miss a WW or BT, and you've lost overall dps doing it. Dance once with HS qued up and miss your OH and you'll sit for 2-3 secs rage starved. The key is having the gear to dance and immediately generate enough rage to WW or BT or slam with HS.
    This is 100% correct.

Also dont worry about trying to keep 100% up time, use it ONLY as a last resort. When you're wearing 4pc t10 your up time goes down a bit more as well, but if you glyph swap HS and cleave like you should be there's no reason not to keep rending whenever you get the chance. Hard modes have some very tight enrage timers for the time being.

Offtopic: I hate all of you with <40ms latency. > Rocking 350ms my rotation is like sloppy sex - awkward and definitely not the best. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    Offtopic: I hate all of you with <40ms latency. > Rocking 350ms my rotation is like sloppy sex - awkward and definitely not the best. :-[
    but sex is still sex right...

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai

So if we do satisfy these requirements plus have a feral druid doing his debuff its safe to say its a solid dps increase. I know that in my guild We setup when we are using shattering throw so thats a quick and easy application of rend. I have the gear to keep my rage up so its a matter of a solid macro in order to stance dance apply and redance. If anyone could post one i would be very happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by viau
    but sex is still sex right...
    Haha, I spose :P The emphasis is on the awkward part, sorta like realizing that wasn't what you thought it was all along... ;D

Quote Originally Posted by TheSenator
    So if we do satisfy these requirements plus have a feral druid doing his debuff its safe to say its a solid dps increase. I know that in my guild We setup when we are using shattering throw so thats a quick and easy application of rend. I have the gear to keep my rage up so its a matter of a solid macro in order to stance dance apply and redance. If anyone could post one i would be very happy!!!
    Mine...but I rarely use it. Don't spam it..ie you can't mash this one...you'll dance right back.

#showtooltip Rend
    /cast [stance:1] Rend; Battle Stance
    /stopcasting
    /cast Berserker Stance
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I heard about this and was kinda curious, tried it out on my last saurfang, dropped from my usual of ~8k to like 7.2k dps. Granted I executed it pretty poorly, but I also couldn't make it work at all with my latency (generally run 200-300 ms). Wouldn't reccomend it unless you really know what you're doing and have little/no lag

I only use this rotation on stand-still bosses, or on bosses before they run away to change phase or similar, think prof.putricide, sindiagrosa etc (right before they run away that is)

About macro usage, I wouldn't recommend it. The chances are that it will bounce you right back to zerk stance.

Also do not switch to apply during a bloodsurge proc(you wont be able to apply rend and using slam without clipping BT/WW)

Apply it after the WW->BT sequence.