Should I be doing better?

Hi all

I just recently got my rogue to 80 and I have been farming for gear ever since. Now that I have a bit, I have started pugging a few raids, mostly totc 10 and 25mans

Im playing as muti, mostly because I have the weps for it, have not been able to get any swords/axes yet for combat. Now, my question is, with the current gear I have, should I be doing better in raids?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&cn=Taliz

atm Im pulling just around 4k dps in both 10 and 25mans... It depends on the fights tho, alot of movement is not really an advantage for me...

Anyways, I would like to know what you guys think... If you think I should respec/regem and what kinda dps you would expect me to have with this gear.. I will truly appreciate your input

Ty all

Re: Should I be doing better?

Hi
    To say if you should or shouldn't do better is kind of hard but if there is little or no difference between DPS in 10 man and 25 man there is something that isn't working as intended.
    Rogues are a class that scales very well with buffs so if ther is no difference between 10 and 25 the problem is probably in the raid set up.

I took a quick peek at your rogue on armory.
    The spec you have choosen is the best one for pve mutilate atm.
    I do wonder why you have choosen FoK glyph since its mostly single target that gives most damage/energy for mutilate rogues. I would recommend you to swap that glyph for Glyph of Tricks of the Trade. Once you get enough badges to buy 2P T10 Tricks will be a part of your rotation (if it isnt already) and it good to start the habit of casting tricks on CD.

The gear you have have quite a lot of Armor Pen, other stats are way better for mutilate.
    The level of expertise is perferct, hit is just a tiny bit low.
    What you should try to get is gear with sockets in it and start gemming for haste as well as attack power. The haste rating you have now is imo to low to make the most of your spec/gear.
    Suggestion for gems after expertise and hit rating is "capped" you should choose.
    Red Gems - Bright cardinal ruby
    Yellow gems - Stark Ametrine (this can sometimes be better than the red gem)
    Blue gem- Nightmare Tear, you can use only one but thats all you need to activate Relentless meta gem.
    (Check the spread sheets found at elitistjerks.com>class forum>rogue)

Before you start fiddling with gear take some time at the training dummies.
    Try to finetune your rotation of spells.
    I have the habbit since Black Temple to pool energy before I cast envenom (was some trinket that made me start that). It works quite well since I that way can maximize the numer of mutilates I can do within Envenom buff uptime. There is some debate on elitistjerks if this is the best way to do it but it works for me.

/Spoil of Bronzebeard EU

Deleted

There's nothing wrong with him using Fan of Knives glyph, gives a nice boost to AOE damage where as Tricks Glyph is more a case of boosting somebody elses DPS for 4 seconds longer (does nothing for him personally to aid his own DPS problem).

Also take a look at the new Java based addon iDPS as it caters for lower ilevel gear that you currently possess, where as the Spreadsheet from Aldriana's for example caters for higher end raiding gear.

Spoil Rogue was correct in the gems part for what you should be using. The purple gem you are wearing should preferably be a Nightmare's Tear and be in your helm for the 4 more agility socket bonus. Also as said before try going for more hit and stay away from ArP.

Also I know you don't have the best boots but you might want to put an icewalker enchant on there for the extra hit since it doesn't cost much.

I agree that getting the Tricks Glyph would be better since you shouldn't be AoE'ing that much, maybe on Anub, but other than that its not that great of a glyph for the instances you're doing.

Your dps is a bit low, should be about 4.6+ for where you are at. Make sure you are not using Rupture.

Quote Originally Posted by Gxz

Your dps is a bit low, should be about 4.6+ for where you are at. Make sure you are not using Rupture.
    I dunno, in his gear he may want to use rupture. He has a blue and a few level 232 and 200 pieces. Ruptureless doesnt really become good till you have enough haste/ap/crit to surpass the rupture dpe. Mostly in t8/t9.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'm pretty sure from eyeballing his gear that the envenom damage + envenom buff will be more than rupture for him. Rupture was never really ahead by "that" much, except with t8 4pc.