Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lorewise, shouldnt NEs be able to be shamans and draenais be druids

both shamans and druids are kind of the same things, like both are into nature stuff and everything.

so what do you think of this race-class combinations?
    The rats they can never hear; the rats, the rats in the walls. H.P Lovecraft

Re: Lorewise, shouldnt NEs be able to be shamans and draenais be druids

Druids = nature = flowers = life

Shamans = elements + spirits = dead people

Quote Originally Posted by Adeleina
    Druids = nature = flowers = life

Shamans = elements + spirits = cycle of life
    Fix'd it for ya

Shamans deal with elements and their spiritual representation within the world.
    Druids on the other hand, tap in nature's life essence and try to bring balance to the world.

Hardly the same idea.

Seeing as there are druids with the Forlorn in Zangar, it would certainly make sense, if the Draenei learn the Shaman ways from the Forlorn, then why not the Druid ways?

Night Elves on the other hand are not so much into the whole spirits and elements thing, they are more about Elune and the power of Nature. Might have to do with the fact that most of their ancestors are still alive.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Borakh
    Forlorn
    who?
    last i checked Nobumdo heard the elements trying to talk with him, started following that way and understanding it by himself.

there is a few a zones (duskwoods, azshara, crystalsong) called like that but i dont see any race or character except http://www.wowwiki.com/Forlorn_Spirit which have no link to shamanism

Ah curse it, what's their name in English then? "Die Verirrten" and "Die Verlorenen" in German... the degenrated ugly Draenei you find in Zangar (evil version) and Shattrath Lower City. I can get the correct translation for item, ability and faction names from wow-head but it's harder with the lore stuff...

Edit: Ah, found them on wowwiki, the Broken and Lost Ones.

There was once lore behind race/class combo, but alas, not anymore.
    It is a matter of time before every race gets every class.
    Bigger than Life.

Oh boy WORGAN PALAS!

I see where the OP is going, but the problem is the night elves remember old grudges and the draenei look too much like the creature that almost destroyed Nordrassil for the night elves to trust the draenei enough for it. It's taken them ten thousand years to even think about allowing mages back into their society, imagine how long it'll take for them to trust the eredar-looking draenei enough to trade druidism and shamanism between the two races.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Ah curse it, what's their name in English then? "Die Verirrten" and "Die Verlorenen" in German... the degenrated ugly Draenei you find in Zangar (evil version) and Shattrath Lower City. I can get the correct translation for item, ability and faction names from wow-head but it's harder with the lore stuff...

The ones you mention living in Zangarmarsh, if you haven't noticed, are not in best terms with the Draenei. there is in fact a quest line which explains this. the Broken tribe who ARE allies of the Draenei are the ones led by Farseer Nobundo and practice Shamanism, therefore Draenei can be shamans. Druidism(or w\e it's called) is an ancient practice which regards preserving nature and the balance of all life, while Shamanism is more "live-in-peace-with-the-elements" kind of thing- elements being a great part of nature, this is a common mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanari
    You Sir.
    Get my Cookie of The Year Award.

IT HAS RAISINS!
    [quote="Boubouille"]
    BM is also the most popular secondary spec, though maybe it could just be to play Pokemon with Spirit Beasts. (Source)

Deleted

To be honest the Lost One druids in Zangarmarsh are more "spirit worship" than the azerothian one. A horde questline (cba to look it up) explains this; their only form, the "bird form", is an aspect of their chosen object of worship that they turn into. Not much traditional druidism there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    Seems like a classic case of Planet of Hats. The "ordinary" Night Elf will be dedicated to Elune and would likely not dabble in the elemental powers of Shamanism. Similarly, the "ordinary" Draenei would follow a shamanistic path and would probably not heard of Elune and Druidism.

But that doesn't mean all of them are like that. By definition your player character is extra ordinary. From a lore standpoint it was your character who killed Illidan/The Lich King/Ragnaros etc. By definition it is out of the ordinary, Druidism < - > Shamanism isn't much of a stretch, I could definitely see small sects of Night Elf Shamans or Draenei Druids.
    I really wouldn't bank on credit for raid kills, of late Blizzard's had a nasty habit of handing credit for that out to the flavor of the month Lore Sue.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    Well its usually "so and so, helped by a brave band of adventurers" which would include you. Even if you just take the regular levelling quests, you're still one of Azeroth's greatest heroes.
    Indeed. But man, giving Ony to Varian? What, does every human leader need to slay at least one dragon in order to be taken seriously? o.O

Thanks Amuno!

by the same logic, if druids r the same as shamans....

i wanna c orc druids, while idt it would fit to lore but according to op it would

and taurens could teach it to them the same way as the broken teach NE

you ll say its ridiculous for orcs to be druids, i agree, but its ridiculous for NE to be shamans

cata is just weird, and ruining lore:
    EDIT: tauren paladins, goblin shamans?

15+ Year Old Account

the lost ones arent ally of the Draenei but the broken are

Quote Originally Posted by shamaster
    by the same logic, if druids r the same as shamans....

i wanna c orc druids, while idt it would fit to lore but according to op it would

and taurens could teach it to them the same way as the broken teach NE

you ll say its ridiculous for orcs to be druids, i agree, but its ridiculous for NE to be shamans

dwarf shamans, tauren paladins, worgen shamans, goblin shamans?
    Dwarf shamans exist. They're called Wildhammers and have been in the lore since Warcraft 2. Tauren paladins aren't paladins, per se, that's just the closest in-game approximation for what the Sunwalkers are. Worgen can't be shamans, but they can be druids, and that's probably one of the ways Velinde Starsong helps them come to terms with their new bestial nature. Goblin shamans is a bit of a stretch, but since this is a new Cartel I'm willing to go out on a branch and see how it plays out.

Thanks Amuno!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by shamaster
    dwarf shamans, tauren paladins, worgen shamans, goblin shamans?
    Dwarf Shaman have been in the lore for quite some time now, Worgen Shaman aren't going to be in Cataclysm (that's Druids), Goblins could learn from Thrall or something, Holy Cows are really warriors imbued with the power of the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Tauren paladins aren't paladins, per se, that's just the closest in-game approximation for what the Sunwalkers are.
    They're actually similar to Thrall, natural casters in plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    They're actually similar to Thrall, natural casters in plate.
    See, I'm under the impression they're using paladin as a catch-all like they were with priests rather than develop a separate class for one race that's fundamentally the same as an existing class.

Thanks Amuno!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    See, I'm under the impression they're using paladin as a catch-all like they were with priests rather than develop a separate class for one race that's fundamentally the same as an existing class.
    Yeah, I agree, I was just adding a bit to it for people who say there is no equivalent in lore.

If they were called something different (like Sunwalkers), then other combinations would have to be renamed as well. Anchorites, Vindicators, Blood Knights, San'layn... It'd be a right mess in the end.

RP servers that way >>>