Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

3.3.3 Death Knight buffs!!!!!!!!!

Death Knights

•Icy Touch: This ability now causes a very high amount of threat while the death knight is in Frost Presence.

•Rune of Razorice: Now stacks 5 stacks of 2% Frost Vulnerability instead of 10 stacks of 1% Frost Vulnerability. Proc chance changed to 100%.

•Talents

◦Blood

■Abomination's Might: This effect is now passive instead of being a proc on certain strikes. Rank 1 is 5% attack power and Rank 2 is 10% attack power. The self strength buff remains unchanged.

■Will of the Necropolis: There is no longer a cooldown on the frequency at which this talent can be activated. In addition, this ability can now also be triggered by damage which deals less than 5% of your health.

◦Frost

■Endless Winter: No longer causes Frost Fever to be applied by Chains of Ice, but instead grants 2/4% strength. The previous functionality of this talent can now be attained via the Glyph of Chains of Ice.

■Improved Icy Talons: This effect is now passive instead of being a proc. The self haste buff remains unchanged.

■Nerves of Cold Steel: Now increases off-hand damage by 8/16/25%, up from 5/10/15%.

■Unbreakable Armor: The amount of strength granted is now 20%, up from 10%.

◦Unholy

■Scourge Strike: Now deals 70% weapon damage, plus 12% of physical damage done as shadow damage for each of the death knight's diseases on the target. The net result should be larger strikes with no diseases present, while maximum damage with all diseases applied to the target should stay the same.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/23329...333-notes.html

These are amazing changes and I don't see any nerfs.

Blood gains in short a better tanking talent and the buff with 100% in combat uptime becomes an aura so a slight buff.

Frost through icy touch gives death knights the burst on pull threat we've asked for.

Frost also has major buffs to DW frost which probably will make it competative again.

Unholy is unknown to me at the moment the wording is a bit unclear but as long as it hits for about the same i'm cool with it!

thoughts?

Re: 3.3.3 Death Knight buffs!!!!!!!!!

Love it!

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Wauw, so nice!! ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

FUCK

YEEEEEES

Not what i was expecting actually. I like the tanking buffs, and i am impressed of all that Frost love

However i am curious about what will be the specs on unholy pvp now that endless winter has changed....

So now I have to use a glyph slot to keep Endless Winter?

I also don't see anything that will make me hit for more than piddling amounts of damage on plate classes in PvP with Scourge Strike.

I'm not very impressed, to be honest.

Gonna be weird, your gonna need more arp now in unholy but still not gonna be to the point where your stacking it above everything else. Very awkward

Edit, to the guy above me...i dont pvp but with the new glyph speccing into blood instead of frost might be enough get you start hitting more like a level 80 and not a 60.

who knows though, like i said i dont really pvp

Quote Originally Posted by agelos
    Not what i was expecting actually. I like the tanking buffs, and i am impressed of all that Frost love

However i am curious about what will be the specs on unholy pvp now that endless winter has changed....
    Shouldn't change much because scourge strike will not/does not deal enough damage to warrent black ice.

4% strenght<ap per armor and crit

I'm just pondering over how Frost will look now.

I'm no expert for sure, but I've come to really like how Frost plays. It feels weird to contemplate that I could possibly never use Icy Touch in the future because Howling Blast took care of it, now that I no longer need it to proc Imp Icy Talons. I'm also curious of the glyph of Disease will come out as a DPS gain on single-targets (whether losing the damage from a single Blood Strike is superior to the damage discrepancy between IT/PS vs. Oblit/HB).

In pve situations the scourge strike change is about a 4.9% buff to scourge strike damage overall.

"Icy Touch: This ability now causes a very high amount of threat while the death knight is in Frost Presence."

Guess we will be spamming IT from now on then. Even though i have no problems with aggro atm. Dosent look very fun tbh

Deleted

Great, the Frost Tree is already crowded enough, now 2 more talent points to spend there, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowny
    "Icy Touch: This ability now causes a very high amount of threat while the death knight is in Frost Presence."

Guess we will be spamming IT from now on then. Even though i have no problems with aggro atm. Dosent look very fun tbh
    Eeh?

It doesnt mean we will just spam it all the time it's just to give us bit more threat while we're running towards the boss.

Yeah the IT buff was needed tbh, the only problem I have with DK tanking is initial threat. Very nice I am however wondering how this will affect rotations with the Glyph of Disease...

I heard DKs were OP in PvP and needed a nerf :

Punch yourself in the face if you think scourge strike and chains glyph are buffs.

yup, ScS worth shit, will still hit like a wet noodle, and well lose a glyphslot. great. 10y reach, 0RP mindfreeze + lich are mandatory.
    will lbe a boost for some 1200rated retards, who cant manage to get up diseases, and will continue striking a non-debuffed target with ScS.
    hope there will be some adjustements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    •Icy Touch: This ability now causes a very high amount of threat while the death knight is in Frost Presence.
    gonna make using HB a little more tricky, i think. still though, a nice buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blomgren
    Punch yourself in the face if you think scourge strike and chains glyph are buffs.
    Not everyone cares about PVP. Icy chains applying Frost Fever is worthless in PVE, 4% strength is not, so it opens up another talent for you to take for a little extra threat and parry.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Not everyone cares about PVP. Icy chains applying Frost Fever is worthless in PVE, 4% strength is not, so it opens up another talent for you to take for a little extra threat and parry.
    Grats on your PvE Frost buffs, then. As someone who plays Unholy for both PvE and PvP, I am not too thrilled about these changes.

I would have hoped that they would at least make Scourge Strike usable for PvP again.