Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tonight in Grim Batol was pretty bad. The drake bombing run was fail, they nuked a million troggs and hit literally EVERY mob that didn't need to be pulled. They then pull when I (the healer) am not even landed yet and proceed to flame me for moving too slow. I remained silent. Takes a full mana pool on each set of trash pretty much because the tank insists on eating the damage and not CCing or popping a CD. We wipe on the first boss because the boomkin stood to close to the edge of the platform and a starfall hit the mob on the other side of the fissure. Next attempt the DPS kill the adds correctly but let the purple one get cleaved by the warrior/DK tank and he enrages and gets the purple trogg buff, we barely kill it from me popping a Pain Supression/Barrier on the boomkin who goes bear and I smite spam him down the final 30k. On the trash to the next boss the DK runs in and some how manages to D&D pull the 2 dragonkin mob, the troggs, and the 4 caster/giant mob all at the same time, we wipe again. We come back and barely scrape through the trash (DPS doesn't interrupt the mind link thing the casters do) and we pull the boss. He chooses his 2H mace so hes encumbered and the DK starts to kite, but he doesn't have that good of threat and the ret pally (who stays on the boss the entire time) pulls aggro and is one shot. Then, after the phase is done, he stands in rocks/fire slag and dies. The ret pally then leaves, and we get a mage from the DK's guild. They then pull the boss again and the mage flames me for not keeping him up when hes in rocks and the DK kites too far out of range and he dies. We barely kill the boss again and my wand drops (the only reason I queue'd for Grim Batol) and the mage rolls on it (Spirit/Haste). He loses by 10 and proceeds to spam open trade to give it to me and flames me when I don't. Finally, since I didn't need anything off the next 2 bosses and I wasn't getting valor points, I angle myself on the very edge of the firepit and lifegrip the asshat mage and he promptly falls off the edge, and I leave.

Moral: Don't mess with priests in Cata in instances that have large falls

I'm usually lucky with pugs: after 40 min queue, as soon as the instance loading screen is gone, at least 1 party member has to go afk for 5 or 10 mins. When he comes back it shows to be completly unable to play his class not knowing how to heal or dps (aoe heal: soulwell, dps: never over 2k).
    Said so, the best experiences I have ever had with LFD system, come from pugs where there was at least 1 player from crushridge (aka italian): it's almost impossible to comunicate with them and even when they write italian, I hardly manage to understand what they mean (I'm an italian too and since 2006 I HAPPLY play on an english speaking realm!).
    Yesterday evening, blackrock cavern, healer from crushridge:
    =FIRST BOSS=
    - 1st try: healer killed by cleave after chains
    - 2nd try: same
    - 3rd: Miracles happen at Christmas

=SECOND BOSS=
    - 1st try: healer didn't know what to do
    - 2nd try: fail at beam (no excuses)
    - 3rd try: fail at beam (he said he was feared, just him, no one else)
    - 4th try: 2 transformations in the end (healer included) but the boss went down

=THIRD BOSS=
    - 1st try: healer staied in lava and "omg omc wtf bbq" he died
    We asked him to leave... ---silence---
    We kicked him, his replacement was another healer from crushridge: as soon as he saw the boss he wrote "ah. questo" (translation: "ah. this one") and left.
    The replacement of the replacement was a shaman: last 3 bosses killed at 1 try.

Thx blizzard for letting crushridge players go out of their fence.

Inc0
    P.S.: I know my english is far from perfect but I'm quite sure you understood what I wrote

Had a bear tank que up. Noticed he was taking a lot of damage. Checked his stats, he was cat spec'd, no thick hide or tanking talents. Also couldnt hold aggro.

But thats not what makes him special in my mind. No its after we kicked him he and his guild created characters on all of the people in the groups' realms and spammed us. So we reported every single one of them and the guild.

Today i queued up as dps.. which took about 40 minutes as usual, when i enter the dungeon, the group was half dead and in the middle of a losing boss fight. It was the robot boss in deadmines... so i essentially died instantly. annoyed by what could possibly be the worst way to enter a dungeon from the LFD tool, i start to run back into the instance, and the entire rest of the group drops party. so worthless.

Yesterday was the worst time I've ever had with the LFD tool. Just reached level 84 on my holy pally and decided I would try some regular dungeons. I tried with 5 different pugs and gave up! In every single one NO ONE cc'd anything, everyone was taking avoidable damage, and when I said that we needed to cc everyone was like " we don't need that har har har heal better Noob" I guess I will skip doing randoms until all the children of Wrath L2p. And yes I have a guild but it's the holidays so there not really on.

Was this tank being rude?

So I have to ask - do other people think this tank was being rude?

Last night I joined a random dungeon queue with my wife since she is trying to level up her mage. I'm healing on my pally, and Grim Batol pops...

As soon as my loading screen cleared, I look to see who is the tank, and realize that he has already run ahead up the stairs and is rounding the corner into the first room. I immediately start running after him, doing buffs as I run. By the time I catch up to him, he has already dragged the first pack of troggs down the next set of stairs, and is tanking them along with the first pack of dragonkin. I'm thinking "hey this guy has a plane to catch."

We get about half of the mobs down before he turns and also grabs another pack behind us (mobs that people usually skip)...tanks them for a few seconds, then turns again and runs up to grab the big pack right before the drakes. No CC, no skull, just tanking mayhem. I was starting to get a little pissed. Thankfully, I was a bit overgeared for the instance and managed to keep up with the heals but only barely.

The tank immediately takes off on the drake run before anyone realizes what is happening, and we quickly chase after. Before my drake even lands again, I see the he has already grabbed the next pack, and I hurry over to throw a quick LOH on him as a save. At this point I figure the guy is on a suicide mission. He continues to chain-pull in this fashion all the way to the first boss, always grabbing a new pack when he still has 2 or 3 adds on him, and even grabbing groups that are typically skipped. Im getting more and more pissed, and my wife has been out of mana for half the run. When we get to the first boss, he grabs the final pack of mobs, then runs right into engage the boss. I'm flabbergasted and blowing all my cooldowns continuously. By the grace of God, we survive, and he is already running up the stairs to the next room before we have even looted.

The rest of the entire instance went like this, and we finished in record time. In one brief period when I had a chance to type something I said (very sarcastically) "Hey can you pick up the pace a little bit your pulls are taking forever." which didn't even get a laugh. I was at least expecting a "nice heals" or, I don't know. On the plus side, he was a very good tank, and it was a good run. On the bad side, it annoyed the SH*T out of us and we seriously considered just dropping group to throw a wrench in his works, as it seemed really inconsiderate and rude not to at least let us stop for mana once. I've been on "speed-chain-pull" runs with my guildies many times, but I think it is a different story to pull it in a PuG. In my experience, wreckless tanking like that often leads to wipes...

To add to my annoyance was his guild tag was something like: <is carrying you>

Anyone else find this sort of renegade behavior rude?

just take solace in the fact that if he does this in any cata heroic he will die.

Tbh he was being extremely rude, and i have a strong feeling he started playing wow in wotlk. Guy is very lucky your a non retarded healer. i would have let him die. on the first pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, as a tank myself. I CARE about mana. I care about the groups well-being. This guy was rushing. But you guys did do it w/o wiping. I applaud that. I would of asked nicely to stop for mana. or just stop for mana and let him tank it and die. Maybe he will be more considerate next time.

Deleted
    I'm kinda surprised there is no line:

"Here we wiped and he said 'noobs' and left the instance".

If you were able to keep up, even barely, I guess there could be worse things. Of course it's rude but I imagine he was probably doing the run as a 'lolnormal quick' while he's overgearing the instance. Or maybe he really had to go soon. I don't know, maybe he figured now that he has heroic gear or whatever he can do the normals EZ (which apparently is mostly true).

All in all it's not particularly friendly, but not really rude. I understand it annoyed the crap out of you tho :P

Still impressed you could keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieron View Post
    I'm kinda surprised there is no line:

"Here we wiped and he said 'noobs' and left the instance".

Still impressed you could keep up.
    I had the distinct impression if we had wiped that would have been what he would say, and it pissed me off.

The only reason I was able to keep up was the fact that my pally can regen mana, I was 85 and in good 333+ gear, enchanted and gemmed. If I had been on my priest or druid it would have been a wipefest.

Deleted
    This was much more hilarious than it was heartbreaking.
    I went to a random hc with my warlock friend and got Lost City of Tol'vir. There was resto shammy (me), my warlock friend, DK tank and boomkin druid, and a survival hunter.
    The tank asked us to cc in the first trash pull, but didn't bother to mark anything. So me and my friend had to figure it out by ourselves. When we had done with the marks, we asked the hunter to trap a mob. Well guess what he did.. he planted a trap right on top of me.. we complained to him and said "trap launcher anyone?" but got no reaction, so we just decided to cast our own cc's on the group. WELL, when the mobs ran over the trap, we noticed it wasn't even Freezing Trap but Ice Trap... me and my friend laughed out so hard in skype that i couldn't even heal and we wiped instantly because of that. After that the DK tank wrote with epic english "omg huneter wrat is your borgmle? wipe us"

We laughed even harder... darn borgmle
    The whole group disbanded... The boomkin was like "kidding me?" and left the group, followed by the hunter and dk. We weren't pissed because we got massive laughs from this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I queued for a random heroic during holidays. Normally I do guild runs, but there was nobody on.
    Anyway, after 40 min I get in the Stonecore. I zone in and instantly die. The group was fighting the first boss (the worm) and wiped. All 4 left as this apparently wasn't the first wipe. Another 40 min wasted...

Deleted
    hell yeah some groups suck so bad that you just would wanna leave the group instantly, but I am not like that and sit it out.

but worst experience : only getting 2 dungeons over and over and over again : Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle
    as if there's nothing else

(and dont get me started about queue times, as dps AND healer)

Got in a LFD group back in Wrath with this guy who obviously dropped out of kindergarten. He was a retribution paladin, in full prot gear with spirit gems, and on one of the latter waves on the first event in HoO he died, exclaiming "why u damaeg" and leaving. I have no idea to this day what he meant.
    Last edited by rubyloc; 2011-01-07 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    I run Blackrock Caverns heroic every day for the relic from the endboss. And if i don't get lucky and it's the random heroic instance i just use the specific dungeon finder tool.
    And today i made my very first really bad impression with that tool:
    So i queued for BRC and about 40 minutes later (as a single dd the wait times are really harsh) i got a group and when i entered the instance i saw 4 other people from the same guild. I thought yeah i got lucky should be no problem with that group. So we went through BRC and right in front of the endboss they just kicked me without any info or whatsoever.
    So i created a char on their realm and asked them why they kicked me and the answer was simply "A guildmate needs an item from that boss so we needed a spot for him".
    So after waiting 40minutes in the queue, going through the instance for about 30minutes i came up with nothing. I have an instance ID for today so i can't queue up again for the instance and didn't even have the chance for the item to drop. Just because i got kicked for another guildmate to join.
    And no it has nothing to do with any kind of failure - also my gear was very well ahead of theirs (i'm wearing 355 without any pvp gear) - the only reason was that they wanted a guildmate in and so just kicked the only non guild person in the group.
    Blizzard should add some fail detection (took to much damage from x etc) which will only then allow a group to kick another player...
    Last edited by mmoc85736e9647; 2011-01-07 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomoya View Post
    hell yeah some groups suck so bad that you just would wanna leave the group instantly, but I am not like that and sit it out.

but worst experience : only getting 2 dungeons over and over and over again : Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle
    as if there's nothing else

(and dont get me started about queue times, as dps AND healer)
    Same with me.. expect that the instances are Halls of Origination & Vortex Pinnacle.
    Seriously HoO pops up like every day like there are no other instances. Meanwhile Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep and Blackrock Caverns seem non-existant.

HoO and VP are both fairly good instances but i'm getting seriously bored of them. If i'm doing HoO with guildies on a bad day, then we just decide to do Rajh instantly when we arrive upstairs and then leave.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mshono View Post
    Yesterday was the worst time I've ever had with the LFD tool. Just reached level 84 on my holy pally and decided I would try some regular dungeons. I tried with 5 different pugs and gave up! In every single one NO ONE cc'd anything, everyone was taking avoidable damage, and when I said that we needed to cc everyone was like " we don't need that har har har heal better Noob" I guess I will skip doing randoms until all the children of Wrath L2p. And yes I have a guild but it's the holidays so there not really on.
    They were correct though. You don't need CC in normals. If you can't heal the normals without CC, you are definitely the one that needs to L2p.

---------- Post added 2011-01-08 at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimduk View Post
    I run Blackrock Caverns heroic every day for the relic from the endboss. And if i don't get lucky and it's the random heroic instance i just use the specific dungeon finder tool.
    And today i made my very first really bad impression with that tool:
    So i queued for BRC and about 40 minutes later (as a single dd the wait times are really harsh) i got a group and when i entered the instance i saw 4 other people from the same guild. I thought yeah i got lucky should be no problem with that group. So we went through BRC and right in front of the endboss they just kicked me without any info or whatsoever.
    So i created a char on their realm and asked them why they kicked me and the answer was simply "A guildmate needs an item from that boss so we needed a spot for him".
    So after waiting 40minutes in the queue, going through the instance for about 30minutes i came up with nothing. I have an instance ID for today so i can't queue up again for the instance and didn't even have the chance for the item to drop. Just because i got kicked for another guildmate to join.
    And no it has nothing to do with any kind of failure - also my gear was very well ahead of theirs (i'm wearing 355 without any pvp gear) - the only reason was that they wanted a guildmate in and so just kicked the only non guild person in the group.
    Blizzard should add some fail detection (took to much damage from x etc) which will only then allow a group to kick another player...
    If you get into a run with 4 guildies, immediately drop group.

kicked for it being first time.

I queue up for my daily heroic and get the deadmines. Awesome I've yet to do that one.

I'm decently geared. I've completed most of the new heroics and I'm a good player.

I give my standard warning when I'm in a new instance to me... "this is my first time in this heroic... I may need direction."

The responses I get...

"-_-"

"Wtf"

And... "damn... dungeon finder won't let me kick him yet."

I spared them the trouble. I get instant que... and ill be damned if I'm going to group with a bunch of arrogant jerks who apparently never had a first time in a new dungeon. I'm still confussed how that is possible... but I guess they were just that much better than me.

I hope they are still waiting for a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough guys know everything and they don't have "first time" on anything. They are just too tough guys for that.

Deleted
    It sucks, but the truth is that atm majority of people are doing 5mans for daily VP or gearing alts. And I wouldn't want to explain every boss tactics, especially DM's via text chat. Read/watch the basic tactics from internet and don't mention it's your first time there.