Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    wat?

Did you even read my post before responding? I didn't kick anyone, I dropped group. I will never tank for a group without a single dpser that can outdps me. That's not asking for much. That's asking for the bare minimum. If you can't outdps a tank as a fresh 80, you should delete your toon and start over and this time, pay attention to talent builds, the stats you need, the glyphs you need, and the dps rotation you should be doing. I did 5k single target dps as a fresh 80 mage in heirlooms and blues. It's not hard.
    Just because a mage can pop their cooldowns and burn all their mana in the 30-45 seconds a boss lives in a heroic and do 5k dps doesn't mean that it practical or possible for all classes. If you've got a full group of fresh 80's even your mage couldn't pull that off because you'd run out of mana so quickly and your mirror image etc wouldn't be up the whole time.

I'd also say that depending on the tank and the dps it can be hard to out dps the tank on the trash pulls. A warrior or pally with heavy block/str gear can do a lot of damage on ae pulls with just the damage shield and not all classes have strong ae against small groups. Sure a warrior or pally cleaving the group is going to go crazy but many classes don't do well on AE with only 3 or 4 mobs.

If you've got a group full of 300dps people, sure, I understand bailing. If your doing 5k dps as the tank and the 3 dps are doing 4k dps there is no reason to drop the group. You are going to be killing stuff quickly and easily.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    wat?

Did you even read my post before responding? I didn't kick anyone, I dropped group. I will never tank for a group without a single dpser that can outdps me. That's not asking for much. That's asking for the bare minimum. If you can't outdps a tank as a fresh 80, you should delete your toon and start over and this time, pay attention to talent builds, the stats you need, the glyphs you need, and the dps rotation you should be doing. I did 5k single target dps as a fresh 80 mage in heirlooms and blues. It's not hard.
    How do you get anything done like that? I'd have complted 4 instances if I'd do that, out of the >60 I've done.

Not my worst, but definately worth to mention.

Queued up for daily random on my alt rogue and got AN.
    Party consisted of a lock, shammy, resto druid, me and noticed the warrior tank had 45K HP, nice nice.

Killed the first two mobs, but when we engaged the first pack I noticed that noone helped on the webbed people and we were killing the mobs slowly.

We managed though and killed the 2 Watchers, but when we still had the last Watcher, the shaman ran and pulled the boss. He quickly sad sorry and the tank were on the double and got him.
    But now our healer was webbed and I tried to free him - tank died and I tried to evasion tank boss but died when he was at 0.7% hp......

The shaman and lock began to fight and threw the usual insults at eachother about low GS (that always boogles my mind), "this is just my alt, my main is 12/12 icc25hc" etc etc.
    They were still fighting as we ran back into instance and everything had respawned.
    We died again at he first pack because they werent paying attention-

I just left.

Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

3 times of PoS HC on my pally alt, everytime was a DK tank who cost me 100g in repairs

My worst experiences with Dungeon Tool happen daily and most of the time they combine more than one of the points below and I'm talking about leveling-dungeons

1. Most of the tanks think that "tank-gear" is totally useless during leveling. (DK's are the worst example of this. They actually believe that they can tank everything with no problems at all as long as they use frost presence)

2. Toon has 3+ pieces of BoA-gear and they think they are the freaking demi-gods.

3. Healers can heal perfectly fine in offspec. Boomkins in caster-form, ele-shamans, shadow priests.. you name it. (Combine this with #1 and you are ready to go)

4. "If we dont have to care about it in HC's, we dont have to care about it here" (Ingvar's (dark)smash, Spell Flinger's Shadow Sickle, Frost Tombs..)

5. If I can tank 3 packs with my main in HC's, i can tank at least 3 packs with this toon. (Comebine with #3 and #1)

6. AoE AoE AoE. LOL! You say that i should care about enrage? CC? (How many wipes have you seen during the first corridor of UK-normal? When multiple metal workers enrage they hit quite hard)

7. No clue how to play their class or spec or role. I mean absolutely no clue at all. (Full frost mage using nothing but scorch)

71/0/0 DKs with two 1 handed fast weapons pulling 500 DPS and asking for recount ... yeah its always the same with rnd DKs ....

But most of the time I dont have problems with rnd grps cause im the tank and i always do 50-60% overall DMG so i dont care if the DD suck or not :P

10+ Year Old Account

anytime I get Oculus takes a good 30 min just to get a full group after losing 12people who just quit cause they dont want to do it.
    Afk= Attack, fight, kill! teh healer tellin u to kill monsters!

OOM= out of mobs, go pull more

10+ Year Old Account

My worst experience would be when I specifically qued for N PoS so i could get the shield on my pally, I get chosen as dps, so switch gear and spec, I realize there's a 5.5k GS holy pally as the healer with a BC raid shield and that everyone in grp is from the same server but not the one im on. We keep going, I top dps, keeping my mouth shut get kicked right before the gauntlet...

Greedy people with power over others just piss me off.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I've stopped using the Dungeon Tool altogether, but I do have one from a few weeks ago when my priest hit 70. Less than three minutes into UK, our tank decides to pull the first three pulls. Too much for the healer, so tank died, the rest of us quickly following suit. Healer quickly left, I started laughing and left soon after.

Another one for my priest would be in the middle of Mana Tombs or Auchenai Crypts (I forget which), and our healer left. So I told them I'd switch specs and heal. Well, as I'm getting ready, the tank decides to start pulling. I let it slide, told them let me get mana and what not. They pull again. This time, I just tell them to go ahead and die and left.

10+ Year Old Account

Yesterday when I was leveling my Mage i joined the LFG Que and I ended up in UK pretty decent looking grou, expect for our Death Knight Tank.

50% of his gear was Cloth and Leather.
    We asked why he was wearing cloth gear this was his awnser ''I need alot of Stamina'''
    And basicly every green item dropped with more STA then is current item, he needed on.

Overall I haven't had bad experiances with this LFG tool, but seriously this once again, proved that 95% of all Death Knights are compleate retards!
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

I've recently started to level my druid on Eonar (EU) again and therefore used the Dungeon Tool as much as possible. It's incredible how many bad and outright moronic players I've come across just in a week.

1. Hunter (in Sunken Temple) who just wouldn't shut up about why I had the panda companion running alongside me. "You could've saved that money to buy WotLK!". When I told the guy I've already got it he thought I should've saved the money so I could buy Cataclysm. When I asked him why he dual-wielded and melee'd the mobs he said "it's cool LOL". He had probably never been to ST before because he would ask everyone where to next after we'd kill one group of mobs.

I chose to chalk him down to a very young person who doesn't know what he's talking about, easier to deal with things that way.

2. Another Hunter. This time in Dire Maul when my druid was in his 50s. He needed on anything and everything. When told by the rest of the group to stop he wouldn't respond. Then we reached a boss, priest decided to stop healing the hunter, and the guy went into a nerdrage beyond Thunderdome.

"Res me I need to go! I'll leave, just res!", he screamed in /p. "That's what you get when you piss off a dwarf", I said and made a reference to their emotional state after too much beer. Later he started to cuss me, but not the usual way but he started to call us "animals". That was, to me, very funny since I actually was one.

In the end he just decided to leave. We couldn't kick him because he had replaced a warlock who also decided to need on everything without an explanation.

3. This third one happened last weekend. I was literally on a leveling rampage and had hit Hellfire Penninsula. I wanted to the Ramparts as much as possible and the amount of failed groups I had the misfortune of being part of was just staggering. The shaman healer, when I was tanking, shouting "go go go!" to me and once the pack of mobs were pulled he decided to bail out.

TLDR: Wall of text, I know. But hopefully it's also a fun read. These aren't worse experiences by any means, just incidents that make the LFD the equivalent of playing Russian Roulette with a shotgun. This will be the first, and last, time I ever level an Alliance toon.

My worst experience in a dungeon was when a boomkin had queued as a tank.

I was that boomkin.

It was in H UK and luckily they didn't vote to kick me.

It took like 30 minutes.

Yesterday, I started leveling my mage's way through TBC content AKA deathtard land. So I got queued up for ramparts, and we had three death knights in our group tank and two DPS. The tank was okay, he was in frost presence and had the required talent points, he held aggro, etc. (IE he did his homework). The DPS however were frequent riders of the short bus.

one genius tried to DPS in frost, we yelled at him to switch to blood, he told us he was frost spec and he needed to DPS as frost, after that he ignored our requests to switch to blood. He vote kicked him, and he got replaced by a rogue.

the second DK, went "going afk for a sec." halfway through after vote kicking the first guy. He never came back, so we had to four man it because of the fucking vote-kick cool down.

I have four tanks (6k Prot Warrior, 5.5k Prot Pally, 5k Feral, and 4.5k Frost DK), and a resto shaman that i do a daily heroic on everyday... Yea a bit of a masochist.

3 of my tanks are normally top or second dps. My warrior routinely does 40% of the group's DPS.

Yesterday, I was tanking on my Feral Druid and couldn't get the Warrior, Rogue, or Mage in the group to dps the Ahn'kahar Spell Flingers, let alone interrupt when they cast Shadow Blast. All three of them are doing about 1000-1600 DPS, and my Bear is doing about 3k... Of course the Healer goes off on me because I am taking so much damage and blowing cooldowns. Not to mention that I have no Defense Gear on, and topping the meters, so I obviously must be cat spec, and trying to tank heroics for quick queues.

So after the complaining the healer decides to leave after moonfiring one pull to the left, the rogue grabs the next pull on the right and vanishes, real stand up guys aye?

Not to mention the classic story of bringing my GF's or a guildie's alt, and having them voted out of the group. Now I just make sure to bring two people with me when bringing alts...

i think we've all had our share, and most are probably essentially the same, save for a few details here and there.

i do have to say, for myself, the dumbest was being kicked for no reason. well, rather for teh lulz. i made a toon on that server just to ask wtf and the dude i spoke with said they did it cause they thought itd be funny. bastards... *shakes fist*

regular occurrences would be the tank dropping as soon as he gets in oculus, pulling too many packs for no reason, and people complaining because the tank only has like 30k hp... >.>

Ppl going afk for 12-13 min. cause we cant kick the fckers :- /

Quote Originally Posted by Soopeli
    6. AoE AoE AoE. LOL! You say that i should care about enrage? CC? (How many wipes have you seen during the first corridor of UK-normal? When multiple metal workers enrage they hit quite hard)
    I've seen several tanks go down there in Heroic UK when they charge in and pull both sides and all the wanderers at once with out warning, usually when I'm healing too. Both the tank and I (healing) can majorly outgear the instance but 4 of those metal workers enraging at the same time plus all the other mobs is A LOT of damage. The other fun thing is they will sunder armor too which just makes it worse. Funny thing is we never end up wiping because most of the mobs end up dropping before they can kill anyone else off.

Quote Originally Posted by Svad
    Ppl going afk for 12-13 min. cause we cant kick the fckers :- /
    Thank god it's going to change soon.

Was doing VH normal with my level 75 alt priest, and it was going really well until Xevozz spawned as the second boss (Thats the ethereal guy who summons the orb, btw). He summons his orb, and neither the tank nor the dps makes any attempt to kite it or otherwise move away from it. At first I thought I could keep up with the healing, but as it turned out I couldn't and we proceeded to wipe. The tank enrages and asks why I didn't heal them, to which I reply that I did heal them only the tactic for this boss is actually to kite him away from the orb to avoid ITS PULSING AURA OF INEVITABLE DEATH but, that's okay, lets res up and try again shall we?

Well the tank didn't like this much. He said he was aware of the tactic, hell, he'd done it on his main and could solo it if he really wanted to. In fact, he did it yesterday and didn't have to kite once. I reminded him that this wasn't a heroic, I was in green gear, the Dps were in green gear, and I was having difficulty keeping them alive. I asked him to *please* do the tactic this time, to which he replied that he hates elitists like me. Since when was asking someone to do the tactic over ignoring it and facerolling it because its easy classifiable as elitist :S

So yeah, we did the whole instance from the beginning, downed Xevozz by (barely) sticking to the tactic, and I was then asked if I was happy now. Don't think I've ever been more angry at the game in all my time playing; decided I had to share it just to get it off my chest!

Oh, and yesterday I almost did AN heroic (flawlessly) before I was pointlessly kicked from the group one mob before the final boss. If you are reading this and you are one of the numb skulls who clicked yes to that vote to kick, please PM me your address so that I can meet you and 'votekick' you irl. That is all.

I was in a heroic nexus on my discy priest healing. Things were going ballin', nobody had died until we got to the first boss and the pull in the room with her. Tank pulls her and the mobs... Naturally, she throws us all over the god-damn room and I get silenced because I can't keep away from the mobs that AoE silence.

We wipe. I then get bitched out for this, whereupon I give them an equal amount of bitching for doing such a stupid thing in the first place. We calm down, try again, go to pull the mobs out of the room, hunter multi-shots the boss by accident and she decides to throw everyone around RIGHT AWAY. I get hooked on the ceiling since I'm outside of the room and we wipe again since I'm literally stuck up there.

Hunter says, "Fail healer..." and bails, followed shortly by the rest of the group.

-

A few days ago I was playing on my new hunter. Got a group for deadmines. It's deadmines. Fucking deadmines. I shot a non-elite mob and killed it before it got to the group. Tank loses his shit and /sits down. He doesn't ask me to stop, doesn't ask me to wait for him to pull, he just pouts like a six year old who just got told he can't be team captain of the kickball team.

"If you wanna tank, go right ahead," he said.

Not one to put up with bitchy little children, I proceeded to. I cleared two rooms on my own, stating, "Look, if I'm going to be the tank, I need some dps and heals here, this is taking forever."

I killed teh Rockzor on my own and ninja'd the stamina hammer. They called me out on it and I said, "Pardon me, but did any of you do anything? I'm pretty sure you all waited for me to die so you could lord it over me. Choke on it, tank, I don't need your help and you don't deserve my loot that I work for on my own. And the rest of you are a bunch of bitches for letting him push you around like that. He's not even that good a tank yet you all are so scared of him because he might leave the group. I've three manned this place with a rogue and a mage. I'd made a better tank than him."

He then proposed to kick me and they didn't like me busting their chops so I got kicked. I was furious at the time but yanno... I felt better after I ran the instance again with a group that called me a bitchin' dps. *sigh* I wish there were ways to have a better matchmaking system. Putting idiots with idiots and champions with champions.