Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

One of the worst: Violet Hold with 4 elitist pricks from my server. Their gear was vastly better than mine, yet their dps was just terrible. Not to mention we wiped on that "astral thief boss" because the tank couldn't be arsed to kite him around. After the wipe they started flaming each other and they all left. WORST GROUP EVAH!

One of the best: It was a late evening and I decided to finish the day with some good old heroics farmin. I got the invite and had the pleasure to run heroics with one of the craziest and funniest group of people I've ever known. They were all Brits, two guys with their girlfriends. They had this hierarchy - the males played a healer (resto shammy) and a clothy (mage) dps while the females played a male DK and a warrior tank. All the comments, all the talk was around how they sucked at their roles, by making sarcastic and funny correlations with things from their everyday life. Oh and did I mentioned they were all drunk and were doing some truly insane things like kiting that boss in UK for "convenience" or taunting the first boss in Nexus "cause she's a NE bitch" and many, many random acts of silliness which made my stomach hurt from laughter. One of the best groups evah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin
    Waaaaaaay to many times that someone joins the instance, goes afk and probably knows that it will take 15 min before we can kick them. 4 out of 7 times it was the tank that went afk.
    this happens almost every other time i Q as dps so ill end up having to wait around 30-40mins for meh frosts >

I run heroics in the morning, around 8am.

15 minutes of queue got us into HOS - when tank saw it, he left immediately. Group decided to get another one.
    19 minutes of queue got us a new tank, and we were off.

Some people started to say to go quick due to reaching in to work - tank failed on boss at the very end, it was a wipe, and then healer left instance.
    Over 50 minutes wasted time, not really happy...

Mines not really bad, it's quite funny actually.

Doing H HoR as a healer, everything runs smooth, nobody dies, we get past the waves, we're on our way to the Lich King.

For some reasons, some dps say "Nice healing" to me during trash pull. The tank goes apeshit and leave in the middle the fight.

10+ Year Old Account

Got accepted (as a dps, you know how long the queue's are) to a heroic group where as I entered the final boss died..I didn't get credit for the kill, no loot, and it took my 15 minute queue. I was ragin pretty hard not gonna lie.
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

have alot :P
    But the worst must be when you end up in groups where 4 people think they deserves to get carried ok 2 people is ok thanks to heroics are a big joke but when you get 4 people thinking the same it just becomes sad
    easily to say i did 5 first waves off mobs was playing healer i did the all the tanking on all those mobs the dps could not overaggro my healing that i had to do on myself and the tank was on auto attack
    after 5 waves when i noticed that the dps was below 1 k the tank was on 750
    so i had to inspect the group well too say it mildly tank had a mix off 200-232 gear all with no enchants non socketed and had a gray weapon as tanking weapon the dps had greens and some even some grays and one dps didnt have any talents points even
    that must been my favourite one to this date easy to say i took the deserter debuff :P

I dont get why people get mad at people who are in blues or doing poor dps. Its not like everyone is that hardcore of a player. People for some reason expects too much. I usually just inspect gear and base off of that I'll do decent amount of pulls to where everyone won't die. (Im a pally tank btw). If i see people w/ a low GS, usually my first thought is that they are trying to gear up in heroics. There was one time when I was tanking a heroic when some idiot elitist was saying to this dps that he shouldn't be doing heroics and to get some gear.......My first thought is "uhhhh hello, isn't that why he/she is doing a heroic in the first place is TO get gear." How the hell are you suppose to get gear if people talk crap about people who can't get the gear in the 1st place. Especially heroics. People need to lighten up and go with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Darky23
    I dont get why people get mad at people who are in blues or doing poor dps. Its not like everyone is that hardcore of a player. People for some reason expects too much. I usually just inspect gear and base off of that I'll do decent amount of pulls to where everyone won't die. (Im a pally tank btw). If i see people w/ a low GS, usually my first thought is that they are trying to gear up in heroics. There was one time when I was tanking a heroic when some idiot elitist was saying to this dps that he shouldn't be doing heroics and to get some gear.......My first thought is "uhhhh hello, isn't that why he/she is doing a heroic in the first place is TO get gear." How the hell are you suppose to get gear if people talk crap about people who can't get the gear in the 1st place. Especially heroics. People need to lighten up and go with the flow.
    The reason people get mad is because most of the time, the player in blues can't take 10 minutes to learn the basics of his/her class. There's no excuse other than being terrible for someone to pull 1400 DPS in any gear. I mean, my fresh 80 Rogue still has his BoA main hand and shoulders, as well as various blues and greens from leveling and I still manage to pull 2.4k single target in heroics. It's even worse when you remember that the players doing 1400 DPS have the same 5% damage boost as you.

i was running H VH of the random for the day, its going smooth nothing out of the ordinary though at one point we do wipe on the second random boss (cause the didnt know u were supposed to kite it) any ways so on are way back the healer says "so how do u guys feel about Conan o' brians unfortunate situation" the tank seems impartial but he agrees, one of the dps goes "does it matter", while the other ones all "i dont give a fuck". We continue on and we eventually wipe on the last trash pull. I dont like wiping twice but hey im a dps and it takes forever to get in queue so i just deal, so anyways we beat the last trash pull and were going against the last boss when the healer goes ape shit over the fact that we wont sympathize with Conan o' Brian. He refuses to heal until we agree with him the tank quickly agrees and the other dps which i believe was a mage agrees to im just being silent when the other dps goes "who give a fuck about Conan", We wipe cause none of us can heal but whenever we try to kick him it goes "cant kick right after combat" and whenever he comes back alive he pulls then shadowmelds. I just sit there dead trying to kick him while he going ape shit spamming party about how amazing Conan o brian is and how we should respect and idolize him as he tries to wipe us by falling in and out of combat. I died like 6 times and we couldnt kick or leave cause we were "in combat" it was BS.

this morning on my 5,5k gs fury warrior (i do have a tanking spec & gear, but i do enjoy fury spec much more and queue as dps only)
    H HoR: 30k buffed dk tank... didn't even have time to hold back, 'cause he exploded on the second pack :/ we queued, wait a few minutes, then the healer leaves without a word. queuing again, a tank and healer arrive quite fast, but the tank (don't remember the class - something like 38k health unbuff) left as soon as he got in...
    H gundrak: a few minutes after what happened above, i end up in gundrak. i see the tank has something like 47k health ( /happy, for once i'll go balls out in a heroic ^^ )... he doesn't move for quite a while, so to gain some time i switch spec, equip my tanking gear and go pull the first pack of cobras...
    "tank is disconnected from the server" T_T
    i end up tanking the whole instance, 1st dd by over 10% (hadn't seen galdarah impaling people in quite a while)
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I was in H Pit of Saron (....which I see to get A LOT of these days) with my warrior tank, priest healer, boomkin, mage and a ret pally. We clear up to Krick & Ick and the mage goes "Hey, are we raiding? Why do we have two healers?"

So I look at the party UI, and I see a Boomkin and a Holy Priest. So my initial reaction is "?" but then I quickly remember people are sarcastic pricks as I can be sometimes, and assumed he was complaining about the druid maybe having to toss HoTs on him/herself. I play along. "What do you mean?" "Well, the druid is healing more than our actual healer"

"No offense, but it might be time to invest in a new recount. That's a wildly gross exaggeration" The druid maybe healed herself for one pull. Mind you, the healer is not stellar, but that is not the issue.

Said Boomkin gets mouthly, telling the healer he is bad. Priest advises druid to stop healing and maybe it will improve their dps (jab). I lol'ed and pulled. Priest .. somehow... dies to a Poison Nova. No biggie. I can kite Krick for most of the time between pursuits and arcane mines. Eventually my health dips to about 40% and I don't really have time to ask, but the Boomkin is busy mouthing off about the 'lolhealer' and not dpsing.... or healing. We kill Krick. My first response is "Are you f**king kidding me? You didn't toss me a single heal in the last 2 minutes of that fight"

"Why should I heal the tank who is being a dick". Clearly, this person was not only too stupid to DPS, they were too stupid to track the progression of a party chat conversation, in which I had very little to do with. I vote kicked the druid (the mage was her guildie, and im sure voted No, but 3/5 wins). The mage mouths off (i politely asked him to tell his windowlicking friend to look up a dps spec and priority, since stellar 1700 dps she pulled in a 4.9k GS says that being a brat was not her only problem). Rage insues and mage pulls the pat up the hill. I managed to leave group before it could get out of hand and kill me.

The next 10 minutes were riddled by the stalker couple sending me hilarious tells about how I should choke on my iced coffee and jump off a cliff. I simply cannot wait for more LFD's today.

The only other LFG story that comes to mind was when my warrior dinged 80 (prot) and tanked my first heroic (Gundrak) with a 6k GS Shaman healer. She mocked my gear, said i was shit and couldn't tank a heroic, and then ended up profusely apologizing to me in tells by the end because I tanked it without a hitch, without losing aggro once, to a group no lower than 5k GS each. (funny story, the 5+k GS warlock in the group who also got on the LOL3.1k GS bandwagon did less damage than I did on the boss fights, let alone the trash. Cleave/TClap/Shockwave/Revenge Ftw!)

often times, I don't mind seeing low geared people in heroics. It's a heroic dungeon, it's where people go to get geared up anyways. So if I see low geared people, I normally don't mind. I'm a tank and most of the time I can make up for their dps anyways.

What I don't like are the

1. a-holes who are simply there to piss people off.
    2. noobs who some how got to lvl 80 without knowing how to play the game.

Problem is when those low geared players are often also player type 1 or 2.

But on those rare occasions, I will meet those players with 5k gs who is also player type 1 or 2.

I went into an HPoS run and there was a shadow priest there was simply wanded everything. He had pretty good gear but he was simply doing nothing. We first thought he was just a noob because he would send his shadowfiend when he was at full mana.

At the end of the run, he managed to do less damage than the healer.

We did finish the instance, but we basically did it with four people so it took a while longer than it should have. After he zoned out, the Dbag created a lvl 1 on our server and whispered us saying "haha, I didn't do anything that run and let you guys do all the work. haha I win!"

Quote Originally Posted by Windspast
    We did finish the instance, but we basically did it with four people so it took a while longer than it should have. After he zoned out, the Dbag created a lvl 1 on our server and whispered us saying "haha, I didn't do anything that run and let you guys do all the work. haha I win!"
    Does he realize that by slowing down the run all he did was waste his time and everyone else's in the group? Not really sure how that could be considered winning. If wasting everyone's time and then bragging about doing it is considered "win" then this person has some severe psychological issues. If he treated people like that IRL he would probably be spending more time in the hospital than on WoW.

Well my worst moment was last night actually i was on my arms warrior only 4.6ish gs so not the greatest gear instantly im concerned because i see our tank is a dk with low hp (cant rem what it was but very low) we are in pos btw, then to make matters worse the healer announces this may be rough this is a new spec for me..

first off if i was on my 6kgs boomkin or my 5.7kgs ret i would have shrugged it off i can carry most groups thru any heroic but i was a bit worried on my warrior.

6 deaths before we reach ick//

4 people died on ick

8 deaths on the hill

finally at the tunnel and im relieved i mean who dies in the tunnel anymore

2 wipes in the tunnel

so at this point we are up to 28 deaths the dps was horrible the healer had no clue and the tank couldnt hold aggro off the squirrel in dalaran...

i finally had enough and said "really sorry guys but i cant take anymore theres never a reason for wiping in the tunnel"..

i dont mind helping undergeared people or carrying a few bads i dont complain but jeesh there comes a point when enough is enough.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Windspast
    often times, I don't mind seeing low geared people in heroics. It's a heroic dungeon, it's where people go to get geared up anyways. So if I see low geared people, I normally don't mind. I'm a tank and most of the time I can make up for their dps anyways.

What I don't like are the

1. a-holes who are simply there to piss people off.
    2. noobs who some how got to lvl 80 without knowing how to play the game.

Problem is when those low geared players are often also player type 1 or 2.

But on those rare occasions, I will meet those players with 5k gs who is also player type 1 or 2.

I went into an HPoS run and there was a shadow priest there was simply wanded everything. He had pretty good gear but he was simply doing nothing. We first thought he was just a noob because he would send his shadowfiend when he was at full mana.

At the end of the run, he managed to do less damage than the healer.

I agree with you on this. I hate it when people are like that. It boggles the mind how dumb people can be. I'd rather help gear people who aren't a-holes and noobs. Personally if the dps isn't stupid but low dps i shrug it off thinking that "oh these people are here to get gear" its no big deal.

10+ Year Old Account

i havnt had too many problems.. but one time it was rediculus...

i was in a heroic with 1 dps actually doing something and the other 2 were just following the dps who was doing something...
    so of course i ask... "ummm wtf are u doing?"

and the dos who is doing something replys.. "they both have -insert really bad syndrome i cant remember the name of-

so they just sat there and we couldnt boot cause they were 3 people and me and the tank are obviously only 2...
    of course if they actually had this horrible syndrome that would be sad and i would understand (either then... why are they playing video games?) but if it isnt true... well then thats something they shouldnt really use to joke about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

WALL OF TEXT!

I was bored the other day and decided to do a couple of heroic, the first three heroic went great but in the fourth one. Oh God.

I don't like to judge people because of their gear at all, because heroics are for gearing up, so when I joined a group with a badly geared tank I didn't mind. Now the whole group except me were in the same guild and they were obviously gearing up together by doing heroics. We got VH.

This tank couldn't tank SHIT. I know that as a shadow priest I have to watch my aggro pretty well because if I don't then I can pull really easily when I start to use mind flay/mind sear. Anyways, first pull I put my dots on the mob, I wait a bit to use mind flay and bang, I pull like nooothing. It was like if the tank wasn't even trying, I look at omen and it shows that he is doing a great total of 9k tps...even after I waited for like five seconds before using mind flay.

Okay, I figured that maybe it was just because he was distracted during that pull, but no. Every single portal and I kept pulling, it was freaking annoying, finally we get the water boss and nothing goes wrong but during our second boss we get the three bird dudes (dunno the name, never paid much attention to that instance) and I can't dps the main boss with out pulling after using mind flay, so finally I'm like fuck it and use mind sear and kill the two adds...of course it was bad but I was pissed off and so the tank dies. We all die and I don't give a fuck.

So then they are like dps the main boss only, and I'm like sure why not, the druid needs to tank harder because I'm pulling every single time. So we go back inside and go through all the portals and we get to the second boss again...I was tanking it half of the time, I was fading and even after I faded he wasn't able to get over my tps to be able to tank it so once the faded effect was gone I was getting all the aggro again. That...is fucking SAD.

So the whole run went like this and after we wiped the first time one dps that was being kitty went moonking to try to out dps me, to tell the truth I don't give a shit about dps during heroics. It is HEROICS, I sneez in there and deal the same dps I needed to deal when heroics were 'hard'. I don't stroke my e-penis while out dpsing low geared people.

So last boss and again, I have the aggro almost all the time, I fade, I disperse I do anything to be able to stay out of the thread table but NOPE, and mind you I was only using my dots by that time...MY DOTS were freaking pulling thread from the tank like nothing, again, that is fucking sad.

So the moonking posted recount and of course he out dps me, I was not able to dps! The tank didn't have aggro 80% of the time, the other 10% was the hunter and the other 10% was cyanigosa laughing at my fate. But I just was too damn annoyed for the lame attempt of the moonking to try to look smooth and super elit.

i got a healer yesterday in heroic oculus, he was missing a cape, rest of his gear was level 70 pvp gear. his average heals were hovering around 1k per heal. with the truckload of magic damage in that dungeon pretty much had to keep using rune tap and all my other cds (ams, vamp blood. trink) every time they were up to keep myself alive. i mean seriously this fucker could't find a single cape while he was leveling in northred? what about the pvp welfare capes. we were feeling generous and didnt boot him so got the dungeon finished with the achieve for killing eragos within 20 mins of drakos dying.

15+ Year Old Account

Mine came this morning. On a 56 warrior, I decided to queue as dps for the first time in a while, have all boa gear, and was arms.

Got DM west. Things were fine, other than me pulling aggro on every single mob I hit. We got to a group of non elite flowers, and I charged in and thunderclapped and killed them all. The pally tank gets all sorts of pissed, says "Who is tanking this High, me or you" and he just sat down.

I said I guess I am and off we went. Tearing shit apart, I wasn't losing aggro, he couldn't pull off me. We get to the first boss, I charge in we kill it in about 20 seconds and boom, I get vote kicked.

No clue why, it was just ridiculous. The tank was just butthurt because we were doing just fine without him, and for some reason everyone clicked yes on the vote.

I did spend the next 8 minutes making new characters on his realm and harassing him. Immature, yes. Worth it, hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r082
    for me i was on my rogue. doing 2k on trash. a couple of elitists in heroic icc gear start telling me im shit (its trash omg) and that they wont' carry me. i tell them to relax its just a heroic and trash at that. they kick me as soon as they can even though im doing 4k on bosses and the other 2 dps are doing less. wtf hahaha
    Sure they are assholes but rly, it's a HC, all you do is kill trash, that's what matters, Boss DPS barely matters in the length of a HC.
    The guy who is putting most effort into trash is the person who's doing more for the group.