Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 3.3.3 - PvP mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Diego_shadow

i dont know exacly what u mean but mounts cost 90 marks ( 30 wsg + 30 ab + 30 ) or 50 marks for frostwolf howler so they should cost in ure math over 100 k, besides good my prepaid ended today if they will do mounts cost 30 k i quit ( at least till cata :P )
    (1489 honor/turn in)/(6 marks/turn in)= 248.17 honor/mark

248.17 honor/mark* 90 marks= 22335 honor.

His math was fine, the problem is you didn't understand it.

phasing out the marks system, increasing honor gain, pretty obvious what the mounts are going to be bought with :-\

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Katakain
    phasing out the marks system, increasing honor gain, pretty obvious what the mounts are going to be bought with :-\
    DONT SAY THAT

A regular epic mount costs 10g. Why would they have the PVP mounts cost huge amounts of honor?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    A regular epic mount costs 10g. Why would they have the PVP mounts cost huge amounts of honor?
    cuz!

Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    DONT SAY THAT
    Why are you so opposed to the mounts being left in the game and purchasable with honor? The 100 mount achievement is very difficult to get even *with* those. Not everyone's been playing the game for 5 years and earning marks non-stop. I've got the Exalted title, but I'm not rallying for Blizzard to make it impossible to earn rep with old factions just so I can be a special snowflake and have the achievement while others can't get it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    That's why they will probably become available for 30-50k each, since really, that's nothing anymore these days.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker
    Why are you so opposed to the mounts being left in the game and purchasable with honor? The 100 mount achievement is very difficult to get even *with* those. Not everyone's been playing the game for 5 years and earning marks non-stop. I've got the Exalted title, but I'm not rallying for Blizzard to make it impossible to earn rep with old factions just so I can be a special snowflake and have the achievement while others can't get it.
    i havnt been playing for 5 years ive been playing 1 year!

Speaking of PvP rep they need to boost the amount you get in some of them. I'm not saying to let us hand in marks to get rep, just boost what we get now, doesn't have to be a lot, just give us something christ. I think it was 1,200 flag captures to go from Neutral to Exalted with Silverwing Sentinels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik
    Speaking of PvP rep they need to boost the amount you get in some of them. I'm not saying to let us hand in marks to get rep, just boost what we get now, doesn't have to be a lot, just give us something christ. I think it was 1,200 flag captures to go from Neutral to Exalted with Silverwing Sentinels.
    Yeah, Silverwing Sentinels is the most painful. That's not one of my 40 exalted. I'm slowly working on it, as I want to be ahead of the curve if they decided to add an exalted achievement past 40. I was thinking a good way to boost rep in that might be to give a rep bonus to the entire team for each flag returned as well as captured. That might be slightly more incentive for people to actually go after the flag when it gets taken. Though, whenever I've mentioned rep in a BG, I've been met with scorn, so I usually keep quiet about how little rep they give out

The amount of time it takes to get exalted with WSG is directly effected by how shitty your battlegroup is.

Deleted

was it my fault we got from mounts to wsg rep?

Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    i havnt been playing for 5 years ive been playing 1 year!
    so your that Blood elf Deathknight on the black raptor who wants to feel special.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Halazz
    so your that Blood elf Deathknight on the black raptor who wants to feel special.
    actually im a belf pally!

Deleted

and i usea tundras

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by velasius
    Why are they removing marks of honor? D:
    Its outdated

Deleted

How will you be able to turn marks in (the left-overs)? I'm guessing that everyone wont be running around with an equal number of each mark... Will Blizzard add the old system again where you can turn 3 marks in, in a repeatable quest (I remember it worked this way when they first added WSG and AV)? Or is this an yet-to-be-answered question?

I know all of this is kind of semi off topic.

Yeah, Silverwing Sentinels is the most painful. That's not one of my 40 exalted. I'm slowly working on it, as I want to be ahead of the curve if they decided to add an exalted achievement past 40. I was thinking a good way to boost rep in that might be to give a rep bonus to the entire team for each flag returned as well as captured. That might be slightly more incentive for people to actually go after the flag when it gets taken. Though, whenever I've mentioned rep in a BG, I've been met with scorn, so I usually keep quiet about how little rep they give out
    Indeed that is a very painful reputation to earn it for, and I have myself earned 40 exalted reputations but not including Silverwing or Arathor for those reasons of it being very imbalanced compared to the gains for Stormpike.
    I play in a battlegroup where you are likely to win maybe 1 in 10 of those games, which makes the grind in Arathi Basin painful but often still gaining a little rep per game but unfortunatly that is not the case for Warsong where a 3-0 loss is very much the norm.

The cause of the problem is the honor farming mentality, and unfortunatly not requiring players to even participate and still them gaining honor is the cause of this.

As long as people can gain from losses or just general stupid behaviour in a battleground, then it will not improve or if anything with the 3.3.3 proposed changes it is about to get much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    As long as people can gain from losses or just general stupid behaviour in a battleground, then it will not improve or if anything with the 3.3.3 proposed changes it is about to get much worse.
    Objectives will give you more honor aswell, as this is based on a certain ammount of HK's, according to Blizzard. Still, in the best case, it will stay like this. : People just aren't interrested in "objectives" but rather just gank their GY/farm the midfield or whatever.