Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Retaking Gnomeregan and Gnome priests - Idea.

I was thinking that with the reclaiming of Gnomer, this would be a good time to introduce some lore for the upcoming addition of gnome priests. Something to do with curing the Leper gnomes. Here's what I would do.

Get a quest from the High Tinker to talk to a gnome in or outside Upper Gnomer. I'll call her Talistra Lightsprocket(TL for short).

TL: Hello <name>. While we gnomes are proud of our technilogical heritage, there are just some problems our alchemical and techological devices can't solve. This is why some of us have decided to learn from our Dwarven friends more spiritual ways to to help make this world a better place.

Now with the Knowledge I have gained I think now is the time to cleanse Gnomeregan and retake at least part of our once great city! But we cannot do it alone and need your help. Myself, along with some of our medics are attempting to cleanse our irradiated bretheren through the use of holy magic. But some of our fellow gnomes are to hostile and won't accept our attempts to cure them without a fight.

Here, take this shock rod. It will render any gnome unconsious so our medics can cleanse them of the radiation and hopefully restore their sanity and rejoin the Exiles and their families.

The quest: Subdue Leper Gnomes so the medics can cure them of radiation. Return to Talistra Lightsprocket when 15 Gnomes have been cured.'

So what will happen is you use the rod and subdue a leper gnome and a gnome medic will appear and cast a spell. We'll call it Abolish Radiation and it'll have the casting animation of Flash Heal. Sometimes it will fail because the gnome is too far gone and the gnome will die but say something like "Thank....thank you for freeing me from this madness". Others, it will cure and turn them into regular gnomes and they will thank you and run off towards the entrance.

Finishing this quest will give you some Gnome rep. Then you will a phase shift and there will be gnomes fighting troggs which could include some gnome Shadow priests. There will also be other gnome classes like warriors and such and holy gnome priests healing them and casting smite and stuff. Just to give a more realistic battle.

Talk to TL again.

TL: With most of our sick bretheren cleansed and the Leper threat contained, we are ready to launch a full scale assault into Gnomeregan to clar out the troggs that still remain. Though it will be sometime before we can recapture the whole of Gnomeregan, we can at least retake the outer area and set up a large base in which we gnomes can clear out of Ironforge, as we've been imposing on King Bronzebeard long enough, though he'd never admit it that were over-crowding his city. *TL smirks*

But before we can reclaim the outer section and start rebuilding our home, we need to rid it of the remaining troggs. If we can shorten their numbers and kill their leader, the rest will sure flee back into the deeper recesses of Gnomeregan.

There have been several reports of one trogg in particular that seems smarter and less crazy than the others named Tragokk. It seems as the other troggs are afraid of him and thus follow his orders. If we were thin their ranks and kill Tragokk, it would scare the others and make them flee!

Quest: Kill 20 troggs and Tragokk then return to Talistra Lightsprocket.

After this, and maybe a few other minor quests, she'd send you back to IF to talk to the High Tinker. He would then send you back to a reclaimed Gnomeregan where he and a bunch of other gnomes would be waiting and you'd turn in the final quest to TL and the Gnome King would despawn from IF and no longer be there.

So what do yall think?

Re: Retaking Gnomeregan and Gnome priests - Idea.

Definitely creative...SO sad that our gnome heritage and homeland was taken over and kept by....level 30 elite mobs...

i like the idea, just gotta wait and see how they will start the new class/race combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Immapwnu
    Definitely creative...SO sad that our gnome heritage and homeland was taken over and kept by....level 30 elite mobs...
    Hey, the Darkspears have been harassed and occassionally turned into mindless slaves by a level 12 group quest objective for yers.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    I was thinking that with the reclaiming of Gnomer, this would be a good time to introduce some lore for the upcoming addition of gnome priests. Something to do with curing the Leper gnomes. Here's what I would do.

Get a quest from the High Tinker to talk to a gnome in or outside Upper Gnomer. I'll call her Talistra Lightsprocket(TL for short).

TL: Hello <name>. While we gnomes are proud of our technilogical heritage, there are just some problems our alchemical and techological devices can't solve. This is why some of us have decided to learn from our Dwarven friends more spiritual ways to to help make this world a better place.

Now with the Knowledge I have gained I think now is the time to cleanse Gnomeregan and retake at least part of our once great city! But we cannot do it alone and need your help. Myself, along with some of our medics are attempting to cleanse our irradiated bretheren through the use of holy magic. But some of our fellow gnomes are to hostile and won't accept our attempts to cure them without a fight.

Here, take this shock rod. It will render any gnome unconsious so our medics can cleanse them of the radiation and hopefully restore their sanity and rejoin the Exiles and their families.

The quest: Subdue Leper Gnomes so the medics can cure them of radiation. Return to Talistra Lightsprocket when 15 Gnomes have been cured.'

So what will happen is you use the rod and subdue a leper gnome and a gnome medic will appear and cast a spell. We'll call it Abolish Radiation and it'll have the casting animation of Flash Heal. Sometimes it will fail because the gnome is too far gone and the gnome will die but say something like "Thank....thank you for freeing me from this madness". Others, it will cure and turn them into regular gnomes and they will thank you and run off towards the entrance.

Finishing this quest will give you some Gnome rep.

Talk to TL again.

TL: With most of our sick bretheren cleansed and the Leper threat contained, we are ready to launch a full scale assault into Gnomeregan to clar out the troggs that still remain. Though it will be sometime before we can recapture the whole of Gnomeregan, we can at least retake the outer area and set up a large base in which we gnomes can clear out of Ironforge, as we've been imposing on King Bronzebeard long enough, though he'd never admit it that were over-crowding his city. *TL smirks*

But before we can reclaim the outer section and start rebuilding our home, we need to rid it of the remaining troggs. If we can shorten their numbers and kill their leader, the rest will sure flee back into the deeper recesses of Gnomeregan.

There have been several reports of one trogg in particular that seems smarter and less crazy than the others named Tragokk. It seems as the other troggs are afraid of him and thus follow his orders. If we were thin their ranks and kill Tragokk, it would scare the others and make them flee!

Quest: Kill 20 troggs and Tragokk then return to Talistra Lightsprocket.

After this, and maybe a few other minor quests, she'd send you back to IF to talk to the High Tinker. He would then send you back to a reclaimed Gnomeregan where he and a bunch of other gnomes would be waiting and you'd turn in the final quest to TL and the Gnome King would despawn from IF and no longer be there.

So what do yall think?
    You need to remember that there are already gnome priests inside Gnomeregan. Maybe trying to break though the irradiated area to get those gnome then you can start the next phase of quests of curing the irradiated gnome and killing the troggs. There a reason why there is a zone called Clean Zone in Gnomeregan.

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Hey, the Darkspears have been harassed and occassionally turned into mindless slaves by a level 12 group quest objective for yers.
    lol, no wonder trolls don't get there own city. but yeah it would be cool to get the new cities. will have to find out if they are gonna become full-fledged capital cities or just smaller cities that don't have quite the functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    You need to remember that there are already gnome priests inside Gnomeregan. Maybe trying to break though the irradiated area to get those gnome then you can start the next phase of quests of curing the irradiated gnome and killing the troggs. There a reason why there is a zone called Clean Zone in Gnomeregan.
    They've been Mass Dispeling their little hearts out.

Quote Originally Posted by heeroyuy99
    lol, no wonder trolls don't get there own city. but yeah it would be cool to get the new cities. will have to find out if they are gonna become full-fledged capital cities or just smaller cities that don't have quite the functionality.
    They will in the upcoming event, they're retaking the Isles alongside the gnomes retaking Gnomeregan's surface (the part of it outside the instance, I'm guessing, will be the new capital).
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

seeing this from a lore pov the level doesnt matter in lore zalazane is a very powerful witch doctor who mind controls darkspear trolls and cause them to join him on echo isles.. In game he is a something like lvl 10-12, and troggs are also supposedly powerful(yet dumb) according to lore so the gnomes have had a mix of radiation and troggs to serve as a cockblock for their retaking of gnomeregan

however the idea sure is creative^^

Quote Originally Posted by malletin
    seeing this from a lore pov the level doesnt matter in lore zalazane is a very powerful witch doctor who mind controls darkspear trolls and cause them to join him on echo isles.. In game he is a something like lvl 10-12, and troggs are also supposedly powerful(yet dumb) according to lore so the gnomes have had a mix of radiation and troggs to serve as a cockblock for their retaking of gnomeregan

however the idea sure is creative^^
    I understand that very well, I just like to use it to deflate people going "LOLOL GNOMEZ GAWT PWNED BAI LVL 30 ELITEZZZ." Not saying the person I quoted was doing that, but it's common enough that I seem to reference Zalazane, a level 12 who may or may not be elite, I don't recall offhand, who roflstomped the Darkspears on reflex.

Thanks Amuno!

gnomes must be very bad... pretty sure that they should of been able to take em out.
    and yes CREATIVITY
    If your raid is bad, bind your Hyperspeed Accelerator to hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    I understand that very well, I just like to use it to deflate people going "LOLOL GNOMEZ GAWT PWNED BAI LVL 30 ELITEZZZ." Not saying the person I quoted was doing that, but it's common enough that I seem to reference Zalazane, a level 12 who may or may not be elite, I don't recall offhand, who roflstomped the Darkspears on reflex.
    yea sorry just you made it sound like it was silly that we had not routed zalazane out yet(according to lore we strangely have) since he is only lvl 12

I think this event could indeed serve as a stepping stone for some of the new race/class combo's.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Just remember this thread is about retaking Gnomer, not about the trolls and what they're doing. So please don't turn this into another gnome vs troll thread.

On topic:
    I think the quest reward, aside from the achievement and possible title, I think it would be cool if the quest reward was a Gnomeregan Tabard. Something equally useful for all levels rather than some low-level blue item or something.

The aside from the quest event, after it's all completed and everything, I think it would be cool to ave a transporter station for Alliance engineers(And maybe something similar for horde engineers to wherever the goblins are gonna be).

How do you think the Trolls feel?
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

you know? i think it definitly sounds like real quests n text--good job

i reemmber somone on an earlier post way ago, saying that he wondered if maybe gnomes would form up some kind of church to the imagination, after learning their heritage in the stormpeaks and ulduar and stuff

but nice wrok--spose we'll have to c what they cook up--i think u should type this and put in the suggestion forums in the bliz site, u never know, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

In terms of 'creator faith', it's kinda weird to describe how Gnomes would feel considering they know and can talk to, pretty much their first ancestor, Mimir.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Remember that a priest can go two difrent path, so they should learn about the darkness to.

15+ Year Old Account

Thats probably why they couldnt take over gnomer before. thay had no healers

Yeah I like what they're doing with this new patch. Seems they are giving us alot of stuff to do in the Old World to get ready for Cata. So instead of hanging around NR all day we can go back to the Old World and do some stuff which will be a nice change of scenery for most of us.

btw anyone else find it weird tat gnomes, who aren't about spirituality and such, who are more the cold logic type, still have a KING of the gnomes?

I for one assumed theyd be more for a president or some other form other then bloodline related.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande