Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Retaking Gnomeregan and Gnome priests - Idea.

it's an overly grand honorific title that's all (Gnomes like this kind of thing apparently) the Gnome High Tinker is actually elected for a set term making Gnomes the only race in the game who have solidly instituted a form of Democracy (tho their society as a whole is Meritocratic)

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    In terms of 'creator faith', it's kinda weird to describe how Gnomes would feel considering they know and can talk to, pretty much their first ancestor, Mimir.
    The Holy Light isn't a 'creator faith' religion.
    in easy terms it's more akin to the light side of "The Force" from Star Wars.

just because they know where they come from doesn't mean they can't also follow the tenants of The Holy Light.

nor is there a case for any question of "faith" or "belief" because The Holy Light and several other divine powers (and in some cases their polar opposites) can be readily seen to exist in their universe.

seriously where's the need for "faith" in a world where, when someone gets injured a Priest waves his hands about, golden light flys around and the persons wounds heal...

you only need faith in something you can't prove as existing.

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

I like it. It could be a very valid way of introucing Gnome Priests to the greater playerbase of WoW (I'm assuming there are still a lot of people that haven't been to Gnomeregan and seen the very few Gnome Priests there.

As someone said, Priests go two ways. They would also have to learn about the Shadow. My suggestion to this is to have the second part of the quest line (the one with the Troggs) phased in a battlefield with Gnomish soldiers, medics and, of course, Shadow Priests fighting to push back the Troggs. It would probably bring more reality into pushing back the Troggs as well, rather than your stereotypical "kill xx bad guys and bring back their leader's head" quest.

That's actuallly a very good idea Bomb. Thanks. I'll add that.

Edit: Okay it's added.