Deleted

Grim Batol (my idea of it)

Markluzz post inspire me to write down thoughts that I've long before WoTLK release. After all there are some changes in my concept (this is affected by blizzard ideas) but lorewise nothing changes.

I want to show you my „satelite” map of Grim Batol. Im not so good in graphics programs but I tried to show my own vision of this area.

Deathwing and hes flight want to claim territory for himself. Alexstrasza and her followers aim to disturb Black Scourge. He act as plague and poisons Grim Batol Highlands life. You need to stop him before its to late (like always) and help rest of dragonflight bring back health to corrupted land.
    Here some info:

Deathwing destroy north patch which connect Grim Batol and Wetlands to prevent races of Azeroth helping dragons...
    ...but both – Alliance and Horde find their way to reach Deathwing stronghold by sea. They build camps on Batol's shores and start assault over the peak.
    - In south-west part of Grim Batol will be growing over time dragon aspects camp.

Phasing technology will have big meaning here.

In 1st phase almost all of the area will be under twlight's control. Horde from north and Alliance from south must rescue their allies (Wildhammer Dwarfs/Dragonmaw Orcs) from Deathwing grasp
    Phase 2nd will start when one of side collect enough resources to build second encampment.
    This will be daily/ pvp part of zone – there will be couple of quests where except rewarding players Alliance and Horde will be awarded by resource points.
    In this phase Red dragonflight will establish their base and start heal land retaken by players in 1st phase.
    Its time to defend Wildhammers/Dragonmaws from other threat. Skardyns under command of Modgud start attacks dwarfs and Zul'Inar trolls (kind of almost-undead swamp trolls) and their leader In'jin terrorize orc's inhabitants. Final on this phase will be assassination of Modgud/In'jin in 5-man dungeon that's unlock after some days/resources captured.

Phase 3rd starts after furious Earthwarden burn dwarfs and orcs villages. You must rebuild them and take back rest of Grim Batol. This isnt easy. Gates of Uldus opens and Twilight Cultists with titan technology and knowledge help Deathwing's creations in deadly battle against enemy. Also children of Neltharion – black dragonflight - apear at least. But players arent solitary. Rest of flight are by your side now. There will be epic quest chain that lead you to kill Sabellian and stop black's invasion. Its time to take over initiative and heal all Grim Batol.

At last gates of fortress of Grim Batol are opened and Deathwing himself awaits for you. Now its time to render by Wildhammers/Dragonmaws. They will distract allies of The Destroyer and help you tear to him. Remember that twilights outside arent defeated yet. You need to kill all of them to free area.

As you can see there are some numbers on the map. There are most important sub-areas. Lets explain:

1)Alliance landing camp.
    2)Batol Village.
    3)Second Alliance camp.

4)Horde landing camp.
    5)Dragonmaw Village.
    6)Second Horde camp.

7)Zul'Inar Instance.
    8)Aspects territories. (Dragon Seats)
    9)Uldus taken by Twilight's.
    10) Black and Twlight last bastion.
    11)Grim Batol Instance (Modgud)
    12) Grim Batol Raid

Its a small preview, take a look. Tell me what you like (if there is something :>) and what would you change in this project.

Deleted

Re: Grim Batol (my idea of it)

It's time to share with you my concept of 25 man Grim Batol. 3D model is only for better imagine how I feel Grim Batol should look like. But it doesn't mean I will not upgrade it.

There's much posts like this, I don't read they all so if you see any similaries to other threads this is just accidental.

Ok, let's ride.

First thing we'll see after passing Grim Batol Gates it huge corridor. Walls from both sides are supported by columns (just like IF entrance). Next is round throne chamber enclosed with dwarven nobles and gryphons sculptures. It is time for 1st boss now. Let me present you:

Cerberus

78kk hp (25 normal)

Cerberus, a big three headed corehound (but he looks like rottweiler) sometime was a Ragnaros favourite. Firelord give him as a gift for Emperor Thaurissan and he ordered Cerberus to protect Modgud. During War of Three Hammers when Dark Irons strikes on Grim Batol he been tacled by Wildhammers but when they have left Stronghold they leave starving Cerberus rooted by chains to High Thane throne. Somehow he survived, one say that Modgud and Skardyns arrive just in time to rescue him from hunger death. Cerberus was just a big dog but these events have impressed mark on him. Now he is still chained because of hes maddness and distrust to anyone.

It's 4 phases encounter. Cerberus howling in center of the room. Every head have own collar that is chained to throne.

I'll write level 80 numbers to better imagine encounter. Fight is ofc for 85's

Abilities:

Melee head:

-Furious Bite – It's main ability, used every second and damaging end game geared tank for
    11 000 and inflicts every 5th strike on current target DoT that ticks for 3k every second last for 10s. Stacks up to 5 times. After that Cerberus gains Hunger for Blood.

- Savage Roar – channeled cone ability that does 10k damage every 1,5s for 6s. When channeling melee head cannot do anything else.

- Wild Lash – Cerberus lashing target using own head and reducing target's healing taken by 35% for 12 seconds. Doesn't affect healing effects applied to target before ability is used. Cooldown 45 seconds.

-Hunger for Blood – After 5 stacks of Furious Bite DoT Cerberus gains 150% incrased damage done for 35 seconds.

Shadow head:

-Mortal Crush – Dealing 40k dmg to highest aggro target if he is in melee range. Every 2
    seconds.

-Darkening Breath – 7,5k – 10,5k shadow dmg in cone. Cast every 10s.

-Distracting Bolt – 3,5s cast on random target that enrages him and force to attack party members for 15 seconds. Target can be CC'ed

- Share Mind – a shadowbolt crash that is used against 3 targets that are under 10 yards to each other and 15 yards away from boss last for 3 seconds. There must be 10 person in range do not cast it in melee. Dealing 15k damage for every target that is too close. Minimum 45k dmg.

Fire head:

-Mark of Ragnaros – marks random target put on debuff that deal 4,5 dmg every second for 25
    seconds and spreads out to another target in 15 yards after 6 seconds. Targets of shadow and melee heads cannot be marked. Casts every 25 seconds.

-Hellfire – AoE that deals no damage but incrase fire damage taken for 10% every second you're in hellfire area. Lasts for 1 minute.90 seconds cooldown.

- Lava Strike – Cerberus marks path on floor and bursts it after 3 seconds. Players dies when floor broke under their. 30 seconds cooldown.

Adds:
    -Skardyn Necromancer – 500-1000 damage melee on plate every 0,5s and casting Shadowbolt Volley (cast 2,5s, can be interrupted but affects target with Modgud Will) that deal 10k damage to all targets in 10 yards.
    -Modgud Will – DoT 1500 damage every 1,5s for 9s.

-Skardyn Antagonist - hits 2,5k-3k on plate via melee. Whirls for 4,5k every 0.5 seconds for 4,5s.

-Twilight Berserker – same abilities as Antagonists but 100% harder. Uses Demoralizing Shout that lasts for one minut. Cast 3s.

Phase 1

Fight starts when somebody reach melee range of Cerberus. As I said there are three heads -melee(center), shadow(left) and fire(right) - each have their own abilities. There must be three tanks, two for „melee” head and one for „shadow”. Melee and Shadow heads head have own aggro table and cone while Fire don't have it. They shares hp and are count as one so there's no AoE. Cerberus have one back.

Melee head tanks stay on themselves changing every 4 stacks of Furious Bite DoT. Hunger for Blood isn't mean instant wipe but making encounter very hard. Each head must be tanked under less than 90 degrees if not Cerberus attacks closest target with all heads.There is no Wild Lash in this phase. Shadow head tank should be on left side away from raid and Boss cause of Mortal Crush and Darkening Breath. Raid should stay in pairs to avoid Share Mind. Shadow head does not use Distracting Bolt in this phase. . During this phase „Fire” head is sleeping. Melee and ranged dps in this phase is on boss. Phase 2 starts when raid down boss to 75% hp. Cerberus breaks 1st chain and incrase own damage by 5%.

Phase 2

Melee head starts to use Wild Lash in addition to abilities used before.
    There must be all HoT's on current tank before Boss use Wild Lash. Shadow head is now sleeping.
    Fire head awakes and starts to use Hellfire and Lava Strikes. This head can't be tanked and this is no reason to do that. This is most simple phase. Raid must avoid Fire abilities and they don't need to consider Share Mind so this is easy. Ranged dps attack boss and melee dealing with incoming Skardyns (There will be one pack (10 man) or two (25 man) of Skardyns from two gates. Each have one or two necromancer and one or two antagonists up to 3 in case) first killing Necromancers cause of Shadowbolt Volley.

Phase 3

After boss reaches 50% he gains another 5% damage done (10% summary) and brakes another collar. Now Melee head falls asleep and shadow one awakes. Melee tanks should help dps with Skardyns and intercept Twilight Berserkers arriving in this phase in addition to phase two mobs. Berserkers have cleave and whirlwind so they must be tanked away or stunned. Also Demoralizing Shout must be interrupted because of lost much of dps. Shadow head uses all abilities from phase 1 and Distracting Bolt. Player affected by effect of it must be cc'ed immediately. Playes need to focus about spread out (Share Mind) in addition to avoiding Lava Strike and Hellfire. Fire head star using Mark of Ragnaros now, it's always on.(25 seconds on target and cast every 25 seconds)

Phase 4

When down to 25% Cerberus enrages (soft) incrase hes damage by 10% (20% total) and breaking last chain. Now all heads attacks and use their abilities but Skardyns didn't come. This is dps race, heroism/bloodlust time. Healers will get oom very fast. Tanks should left cooldowns for last 5% when Cerberus incrase own attack speed by 100%.

Cerberus have 10 minutes enrage timer.

Nice.

Someone really went to town with that post