Poll: Which would be the best/most fun PVP class

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Which Ranged class? (PvP)

Based on some truthful feedback, I decided to let my shaman go, and reroll either a Mage, Lock or Hunter for pvp. That said, I need help deciding which of the 3 classes I should go with. My main thing is wanting a ranged class for BGs once they revamp them and possibly some Arenas if I can't avoid it. So in your guys' opinion, which of these are the most fun to pvp with? BM/MM hunter, Affliction Lock or Frost mage?

*edited to ranged from "caster"*

Re: Which Caster (PvP)

I'd go with either hunter or mage, but just because I don't like the affliction playstyle. Perhaps you should go to WCM and see some videos for each class, maybe that would help you decide which class you'd find the most fun!

I have both a mage and a hunter, and I enjoy playing them quite a lot. So many different spells to use, especially as a hunter :3

Re: Which Ranged class? (PvP)

I know how to play each class. My weakness is not knowing how viable and how "non clunky" they feel at 80, if you know what I mean. I'm just asking basically how fun each in by experience.

considering an affliction warlock could kill either of those with ease i'd have to say affliction warlock, fear dots, fear dots, fear dots.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    considering an affliction warlock could kill either of those with ease i'd have to say affliction warlock, fear dots, fear dots, fear dots.
    kinda depends on the warlocks gear dosent it ?
    cuz i dont have much trouble with locks on my hunter

15+ Year Old Account

Moved to the PvP forums.
    Dawwwwwww

Spriest is pretty fun at the moment

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naxcis
    Spriest is pretty fun at the moment
    Because that's totally an option in his poll, right? :P

Nah seriously, I would go for a Elemental Shaman Mage, seeing Frost is always either good or OP, but never has been UP. Rolling a Hunter will just make you frustrated the one day, and happy the other day because they just nerfed you...AGAIN.

i would go with hunter because i have one. I hate the warlock play style dots, fear, dots, fear, dots bubble. Thats just not cool. mages are in a good place so you should go with either or.

Here's my experience based on playing a mage and an affliction lock in PVP:

Affliction locks are fun in the sense that they have an excellent chance one-on-one against everybody, and their ability to tab-target DOTs onto peoples' faces can be satisfying. Plus, who doesn't enjoy the distinct possibility that even if your opponent kills you that he still dies to your DOTs after? However they are still a clothy and they don't have a ton of survivability talents (at least if you don't start with a Voidwalker out to sacrifice) so it can be trouble if there is more than one person on you. They also have a huge lack of burst, which can hurt quite a lot particularly in larger arena games (ie, not so much 2v2). There's also a lack of on-demand, fast damage so you're more vulnerable than a lot of other people to kill sniping if that's important to you.

Mages are fun because you have a lot of options available to you and how you utilize them makes a big difference in how well you do. You have more survivability than an affliction lock. You can't do nearly as much damage as affliction to multiple targets simultaneously, but you do have excellent burst on a single target. If it's your thing, you also have a handful of ways to escape a situation that's gone bad for you. Maybe it's just me, but I also think Spellsteal is one of the most fun mechanics ever. (I like sitting there trash-talking my screen as I do it. "Kings meh, pally bitch!")

I don't have personal experience, but my experience going up against hunters is this: They put out a lot of damage, but that's about it. With similar gear/skill, an affliction lock will beat a hunter just about every time. A mage will likely beat them much of the time as well. That said, particularly in a BG situation where can can often kind of hide yourself in the back of a pack and just go turret-style on peoples' faces, you do get a lot of kills.

Personally I think Mage is the most fun, but Warlock is good as well. I do think Mage comes out slightly on top in terms of one-on-one'ing and they have more respectable options for arena teams.

i voted warlock as i have one at 80 and pvp frequently but i do as both affliction and destro and i prefer destro as it has the huge burst and a stun which i love
    and anyone who says destro aint good for pvp lies as i do just as good with my affliction specc as i do with my destro specc.

affliction is more about consistant sustained damage and if u can last long enough and give enough cc and dot damage u and health regens it has to offer u cna kill most things if u practice adn gain enough skill.

on the other hand i play destro and i play in a style which requires timing and cc chains with stuns as its beened dubbed before as a destro chain and many people has a different order for this chain its basically using succubus/fear teh shadowfury stun and using conflag and chaos bolt burst to get opponents HP low or kill them off

frost mages are also fun in pvp but i only got a 71 mage and the shatter combos and Control over the fight u have is good. like poly then the freeze and stun (deep freeze) to nuke down opponents with frostbolts and icelance shatter combos

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

frost mages are the best because of their overpowered snares and ability to stun someone from really far away and being able to nuke someone every time they are frozen

hunters are 2nd best because they have alot of damage but they are easy to attack as a melee compared to a mage

warlocks are pretty horrible if you prevent them from fearing

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jereminion
    warlocks are pretty horrible if you prevent them from fearing
    The point is that you can't prevent a good warlock from Fearing. Affliction is kinda OP atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    The point is that you can't prevent a good warlock from Fearing. Affliction is kinda OP atm.
    I took some time to play my 46 mage last night, and had a ton of fun with it. I'm thinking the tally worked out well.