Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ruby Sanctum - Lemme get this straight...

So the new Ruby Sanctum raid is basically just OS all over again...? Sounds a lot like all of the other single room, boss-only lootfests that we've been fed throughout the course of this expansion. What would cause Blizz to think coming out with ANOTHER one of these type of raids would satisfy people?

Excluding Naxx, (rehashed old content) there were only TWO large, engaging raids in this expansion in Uld and ICC. To me, everything else just lacked creativity and care. Why is Blizz even bothering to waste our/their time on this Ruby Sanctum garbage? I'm thinking they want to keep us busy for another few months so they can buy more time to polish Cataclysm, which sounds like a good idea after experiencing the promising, but ultimately disappointing WotLK.

Kinda upsets me lol, Anyone else feel the same way?

Re: Ruby Sanctum - Lemme get this straight...

Think you can compare it to the Sunewell chap, it will be a extra raid for the ones farming Hardmode in ICC.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

It's not like Sartharion but it is a one boss guy that probably drops i264 highest, so i would presume an upgraded Onyxia over again... Honestly i don't mind new content unless if it's slowing down the production of Cataclysm, because 1 boss ain't worth a week more of wait..

First you must face the assault of Halion's servants, Saviana Ragefire, Baltharus the Warborn, and General Zarithrian, before squaring off against Halion the Twilight Destroyer, a new and deadly force in this realm.

Seems like 3 minibosses.. but who knows.. maybe it will be like MH's first bosses.. waves and shiz?

That's the thing though... I kinda WANT Cata to be delayed so Blizz can take their time with it and learn from the mistakes they made in creating WotLK.

I dunno though, seems like Ruby Sanctum will get stale, fast :P

Old worn out idea is... Well, you get the point.

I haven't seen anything concrete about this raid. So I'm not going to play the idiot and complain about something that isn't in the game yet. Guess you are willing to play that role though. Sad. Very sad. This kind of discussion defines moronic.

Oh stop your damn whining for 1 second and think.

Say Cata is released in October. 7 months.

When, in the history of WoW have you been able to fit two full raids in 7 months? There simply isn't enough time to cram another full tier raid in. If they put out another full on 25 man Ulduar/ICC sized raid it will be yet another Naxx40 or Sunwell: No one will see it, because by the time everyone gears up enough in ICC to tackle it Cata will be a couple of months off and no one will bother.

OTOH, 7 months of the same instance might get a bit dull.

So, what would you do? If you were in charge and in a situation where there wasn't enough time for a full raid and too much time for no new content?

I know! A miniraid!

Voila.

Jesus Christ. If people used their goddamn heads for something besides mouthbreathing into their vent mikes the whine posts on these forums would be cut in half.

Quote Originally Posted by GISP
    Think you can compare it to the Sunewell chap, it will be a extra raid for the ones farming Hardmode in ICC.
    No.

To answer the underlying question--

Blizz believes that baddies and/or casuals who can't do ICC deserve top-tier loot, too. That was the reason for Sarth/Archavon in t7, Emalon in t8, Koralon/Ony in t9, and up to now Toravon in t10. So they push out stuff like Ruby Sanctum. I like it for the lore, I don't like it for the welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Muffin
    What would cause Blizz to think coming out with ANOTHER one of these type of raids would satisfy people?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This raid will not only provide a bit of additional content to pair with the current content of patch 3.3, it will be the beginning of an advancement in the storyline for Cataclysm.
    I realise that reading is really hard but would you please, for the love of whatever deity you may worship, try at least reading up on the subject before blursting out a question that has already been answered?

I don't think that this is coming out to let people have something to do because of the easy mode content that is ICC, being on farm. It's more just a raid to help introduce Cataclysm. They said that this raid is going to help "Introduce the cataclysm story line into the game". It's just to make it so you don't wake up one morning and everything is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    To answer the underlying question--

Blizz believes that baddies and/or casuals who can't do ICC deserve top-tier loot, too. That was the reason for Sarth/Archavon in t7, Emalon in t8, Koralon/Ony in t9, and up to now Toravon in t10. So they push out stuff like Ruby Sanctum. I like it for the lore, I don't like it for the welfare.
    Sarth + 3D was the most difficult fight in T7. Not really sure where you are going with that comparison.

And Ony loot wasn't top tier.

yay more epix for persons like me who doesnt have the luxury of time to raid very often on serious note i think its gonna be fun and i somehow dont think it will be a kill drakes and kill boss or go straight for the boss because drakes+boss equals lewt^^

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    No.
    Care to explain why you just say no, and not the reason?

--
    And for the OP... Yeah 7 months in ICC will be way to long, top guilds have allready cleared all but LK hardmode.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    Sarth + 3D was the most difficult fight in T7. Not really sure where you are going with that comparison.
    Because one of the achievements of a boss fight, that gave you nothing extra but a shiny mount and a title, has so much to do with his comparison.

Oh look; someone that whines the game is too easy whining about content that hasn't even been seen yet. That sure is a new one. Next up you'll shock us with the stunning revelation that you think epics shouldn't be given to anyone that raids for less than forty hours a week, like in the good old days huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor D
    Because one of the achievements of a boss fight, that gave you nothing extra but a shiny mount and a title, has so much to do with his comparison.
    Last I heard you got additional loot and of a higher ilvl with three drakes up. Derp.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Muffin
    So the new Ruby Sanctum raid is basically just OS all over again...? Sounds a lot like all of the other single room, boss-only lootfests that we've been fed throughout the course of this expansion.
    OS was boss-only? There was some trash. The only "boss-only encounters" we had were Malygos, Onyxia and Trial of the whatnot. And about Naxx not being a real raid cause it wasn't new: most people didn't know it, I bet 90% of the people who complained about Naxx being a revamp never set foot in it. People should be glad they could finally see it. If it was up to me they should do the same thing with SWP. Going there at Level 80 just to get the achievement isn't much fun, and there are a lot of people who couldn't do it before WotLK, because, welll, they have a life

I do not understand why people are complaining
    If Icc was the last raid of the expansion, everyone would QQ about having to wait 7 months till the next expansion
    And there comes a tiny, little raid too keep ppl a bit buzy in the meanwhile that there working on cataclysm.
    And still people complain about how it doesnt fit and it being the same as OS

Stop complaining and have fun with the game, Be glad a new boss encounter comes.
    Hopefully it has some pretty fun tactics and keep us buzy till cataclysm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Who is Athene, lol tought you meant the city at first :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Worlds greatest paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Yes, and scientology is speaking the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake
    OS was boss-only? There was some trash. The only "boss-only encounters" we had were Malygos, Onyxia and Trial of the whatnot.
    If you consider Ony to be trashless, I dont see why you're claiming OS is any different.

OS is a singleboss lair encounter. Big deal.

ToC doesnt even come close to falling in the same category as OS, Ony, RS, Gruuls, or Mags.

I'm hoping the hardmode RS will be something interesting akin to 3drake OS, but I'm wary at this point.
    Perhaps I'm just not comfortable with hardmodes being a flip of a switch rather then how you choose to do the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes

And Ony loot wasn't top tier.
    25m Naxx iLevel was 213, save the gear from KT which was 226. All the gear from Sarth+0 and Sarth+1 is 213. So, about 99.999% top-tier equivalent gear from a catering-to-QQ raid, and T7.5 gloves on top of it.

And alrighty with Ony. Had no 258 'cause it had no heroic version, so it was the non-heroic top-tier welfare raid. Ruby Sanctum is going to have a heroic version, presumably to try to keep people like me from whining like I am. Seems it's not working.