Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"Lol DKs suck" meme

*and yes, by now I do consider this a meme, because I see it EVERYWHERE*

I would like to know what the general masses of the 12 million player database has to say on this. Why do most people see DKs as fail? Where are all these BAD DK tanks I've heard so much about? I've seen way worse hunters, paladins, and warriors. HELL possibly every class BUT DK!

Is it just me? Because I don't see the problems with DK tanks, let alone DK dps.

Srsly. What is up?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Re: "Lol DKs suck" meme

You do realise at the start of the expansion it was almost impossible to quest there was that many 90% being retards and having a fast and easy way to 80. (i remember them 1st week they were out) and they could roflchop every single mob they went by, the dk's you see are 10 year old kids begging in stormwind for gold. now if you needed an lv80 to make a DK this wouldnt have been much as a problem and your class wont be steriotyped agaisnt as being 'fail'.
    Classic WoW.

I ran a weekly raid today with a DK who got out DPSed by a hunter in full Sunwell and TBC pvp gear.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

/shrugs, who knows
    "We shall strike down our foe with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear." - Malekith, the Witch King of Naggaroth
    Quote Originally Posted by Dant
    Blizzard won't do anything stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm
    Thrall is too naive and incompetent

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial476
    I ran a weekly raid today with a DK who got out DPSed by a hunter in full Sunwell and TBC pvp gear.
    Ive out DPS'd on a hunter in full t8.5(ulduar was highest tier atm) on my DK alt full of ilvl200 blues and some naxx10 gear.

Don't judge a whole class because of one person that is bad at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "Grmblblmbmlbmlbmlb Stalker"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DPS
    Ive out DPS'd on a hunter in full t8.5(ulduar was highest tier atm) on my DK alt full of ilvl200 blues and some naxx10 gear.

Don't judge a whole class because of one person that is bad at it.
    ^ Exactly what I'm talking about. I admit I've seen some really bad DKs, but I've seen MORE of nearly every other class.

Are people just doing DK because they are the new class and the other 9 classes are veteran classes from the start?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial476
    I've done this before on my rogue. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...age&cn=Ceimdee.
    Typically, if someone is in full Sunwell gear, it means they know wtf they're doing, which also means they're probably capable of outputting more dps than someone who has better gear but not a clue how to use it.

I see far less fail DK's than I see fail hunters, rogues, mages, warriors, warlocks and paladins (note the classes I didn't say) but I do play a DK tank myself so i suppose my chances of encountering fail DK's is lower than others.

Edit; tbh until LFG I rarely saw any fail players, because my realm was so small I regularly interacted with several players as I levelled through Wotlk and we all helped each other out with improving our skills so there was very little fail amongst our 'generation' of players.

I was mainly posting for a joke to be sarcastic.

More seriously, I don't know why DKs still have such a bad stigma about them, I never really got into playing one, but they can put up some serious numbers if played correctly, and DKs have been some of the best tanks i've seen, though the guild I run with now doesn't use one.

Newsflash a ton of bads play wow, Iv seen as many bad dk's as iv seen bad hunters, rogues, mages, druids, pallys, wars, locks, priests, and shamans

I was healing old kingdom at 73 and came across a dk that was putting out 1700 dps at 72, 1700 dps when the average dps in most runs at that level is ~1100 I was quite surprised and pleased to see signs of life out of someone leveling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870
    ^ Exactly what I'm talking about. I admit I've seen some really bad DKs, but I've seen MORE of nearly every other class.

Are people just doing DK because they are the new class and the other 9 classes are veteran classes from the start?
    The point of the first intelligent response was that immediately following Wrath's release, there were multitudes of players just rolling a DK because they could. In general, they were usually bad players playing an incredibly overpowered class, thus upsetting the majority of the community. Yes, they WERE overpowered at launch. This has changed.
    The fact is, 90% of the DK's at that time were bad. People have a hard time forgetting. (i.e. Retardin)

im kinda missing the point of this thread. Do other peoples opinions/ experiences matter that much. To get back on topic i think alot of people see a really bad dk and post but dont post about really good dks so it kind of sways the whole out look of all the threads. As for me i have seen my fair share of bads for all classes as well as goods, no more no less of each.

seriously i lold at all the bads , i was lvling in instances with my 66 paly and i did 1.2k dps overall (thx seal of cleave) , yea ofc it was alot of aoe, but Hey you know what? i see alot of player at lvl 80 who doesnt do much more than 1.2k dps overall (with lot of aoe potential) SO Does WoW need some kind of guide for everyclass included in game (like a the trainer give you TIP ? lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Silira
    I lol'd.

Really, people just have a hard time forgetting things that happened at the start of the expansion. So much has changed, but people still stick with trends and meme that were abundant at Wrath's launch.

However...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870
    Where are all these BAD DK tanks I've heard so much about?
    When my priest just got to Northrend last week, it took me four attempts at UK before I managed to get through the dungeon. Why? Each time until the fourth, the "tank" was a DK with about 7-8k hp, no tanking talents, and averaging one tank piece (and four pieces or so with spirit/int/etc.)
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

B/c most bad players all re-roll with DK alts/mains.
    It is the most played class and is most likely to have the greatest number of bad players (especially all the bad ones that were like "OMFG Hero Class... I'm gonna fuck shit up")

I love you.

Seriously man, you made me laugh so hard the moment I saw that.

Thank you.
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon