Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: "Lol DKs suck" meme

I stilll see the most baddies playing dk.

So many in random heroics still running dw 0/32/39 and thinking it is good.

The reason there is so many bad ones is that they are so op during leveling that you can wear spell power plate randomly distribute talent points and pretty much have 0 idea of what your abilities do and still hit 80 pretty easily.

they were new, they were interesting, and blizzard encouraged everyone to roll one. at face value, it's 55 less levels to figure out how to play your class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Silira
    Pure awesomness I myself really dont think that DKs are faceroll (arcane mages or rogues say hi) but this... WIN

On the issue of DK tanks being bad, I think the worst contributor to this is that there is no specific tanking talent tree for DKs. We have Protection for paladins and warriors, which makes it very easy for nub players to at least know which tree to put points into. For druids, we have Feral Combat for DPS and tank, however most nubs know that bear = tank and kitty = DPS, so they spend their points accordingly. The DK trees are the only ones that are quite ambiguous as to role. Each tree has at least a little bit of tank potential and a lot of DPS potential. Combine this with nubs and you have players who think that plate + a class that could potentially spec into tanking talents = tank.

A nub playing a paladin, warrior, or even druid tank is less noticeable than a nub playing a DK tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata
    A nub playing a paladin, warrior, or even druid tank is less noticeable than a nub playing a DK tank.
    I think it's pretty noticeable if any tank is nub...

Stop saying "I've seen tons of bad people playing EVERY OTHER CLASS IN THIS GAMELOLOL" this may or may not have something to do with DKs being one out of the ten classes in this game... Obviously there are idiots who play any and every class in the game. The chances of everyone playing one class being good are impossible.

I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but 99.99% of Death Knights do NOT know their class. Even if they think they do. A lot of the "good" death knights people say that others neglect to mention are most likely bad. Obviously there are people who play the class and are good but DPS=/=skill. Any retard can top damage meters. And you guys are acting like Unholy and Blood are hard specs to use.
    A death knight in VoA once bitched about fires on Koralon and I told him to l2antimagicshield to which he replied "WTF is that?"

Lulz how most people are like zomfg why does youz all hate on DKs whilst simultaneously generalising other classes as being fail.

I love you

But on topic,

Why do people think DKs are fail, do the following and you we see -

Level up as a tank (non DK)

Tank BC instance

Enjoy - dps dk's in frost presence (still happens in 80 heroics), random DG's, pulling other mobs, generally not know wtf they are doing, and more importantly in a place that actually has consequences for being a retard.

Alot of the preduice comes from the fact that so many newbies see DK - Starts @ lvl 55...

So alot of them skip 55 lvls of learning how not to be a tard.

And yes I realise there are baddies of every class, however DKs do tend to attract alot of newbs who dont really get a chance to learn about alot of the game and thus stay bad.

DKs have a potential to be really good. RP+runes= almost constant uptime. And unlike pallys/warriors, they have very few CDs to monitor. Throw in strong dots/debuffs and sustained AoE, and they could be the best class around (or at least the most well-thought-out).

BUT, if a player doesnt understand the mechanics of the class, they will fail. That's the case with all clases though (except maybe pallys :P )

My Dk was my 2nd L80 but after that he got sidelined as a farmer alt, because it was hard to get groups on him, people always wanted me to come to heroics on one of my healers. When LFG arrived I started playing on him again and have built a reasonable set of tanking gear from emblems but his dps gear is still horrible. Some naxx-epics, some early heroic epics, some blues - very very bad.

Last week I got a chance to take him to Naxx-10 for the weekly raid so I did for the free badges, and to my horror I wasn't the bottom dps. Worse still I wasn't the bottom DK!

I see more DKs than any other class failing to perform to their gear level, I dunno why - but it is so.

Is the thing at the back the control for the perma-ghoul?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DPS
    Ive out DPS'd on a hunter in full t8.5(ulduar was highest tier atm) on my DK alt full of ilvl200 blues and some naxx10 gear.

Don't judge a whole class because of one person that is bad at it.
    And that Sir, is the Problem. It´s not just "One" bad DK. 99% of them suck in every Way possible. There are Great DK-Players, who deal fantastic DPS and Tank like Hell, but most DK´s out there Suck so extremely, you would not believe it. (And lots of them are the Male BE DK Alt of an Male BE Paladin, played by an 10 - 15 Year Old Assface without any Sort of Social Skill.) They DG without any Sense, deal low DPS, tank in Blood Pres and deal Damage in Frost Pres, they set D&D even before the Tank is near the Mob and pull Aggro, just to start flaming the Tank for not knowing how to play his Class. I had one of them today in HoR HC, we got tanked by a Warrior. After a Wipe on Wave 6, the DK decided that it would be a great Idea to DG the Hunter next to our Healer while the Tank was a few Yards away with EVERY other Trashenemy, he startet to flame Tank because he was not abled to tank all Mobs. Our Tank told him that the DG is also a Taunt. I just don´t want to repeat what the DK said after this, but it involved something like:"Lol DG is no Taunt, Idiot L2P." Enough Reason for me to kick him and bring in a Retpali.

So, not all DK´s suck. But: They are the "New Guys around". Lots of them suck Ass, and so our Brains tell us: "Beware, there is a DK. He might be an Idiot. Avoid!" We got used to all the funny Aspects of the old Classes, and we know how to handle them. also, we had lots of time to meet fantastic Hunters, Mages, Warriors, and so on... Maybe, we just need more Time, and more good DK´s.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

@OP

Its not that DKs suck, its that most people who play DKs suck...!

p.s. My main is a DK.

I can beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870
    *and yes, by now I do consider this a meme, because I see it EVERYWHERE*

I would like to know what the general masses of the 12 million player database has to say on this. Why do most people see DKs as fail? Where are all these BAD DK tanks I've heard so much about? I've seen way worse hunters, paladins, and warriors. HELL possibly every class BUT DK!

Is it just me? Because I don't see the problems with DK tanks, let alone DK dps.

Srsly. What is up?
    Did a VoA today with a dw frost dk tank doing 900 dps. There's your lolbad dk.

EDIT: When talking about horrible tank dps I am, of course, referring to his inability to produce any meaningful amount of threat. When my hunter is only doing 6k dps and I have to MD every cd, feign every cd, and eventually just stop dpsing for a few seconds so I don't pull off of him, he's doin it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    I've done this before on my rogue. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...age&cn=Ceimdee.
    Typically, if someone is in full Sunwell gear, it means they know wtf they're doing, which also means they're probably capable of outputting more dps than someone who has better gear but not a clue how to use it.
    I have a lvl 70 paladin alt that I brought in lvl 80 SW runs... didn't do a thing and still got almost half of my gear re done.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS_USRNAME
    Level up as a tank (non DK)

Tank BC instance

Enjoy - dps dk's in frost presence (still happens in 80 heroics), random DG's, pulling other mobs, generally not know wtf they are doing, and more importantly in a place that actually has consequences for being a retard.
    Again I recently leveled a paladin alt as a tank and i ve yet to see a DK dps in frost presence.
    However I constantly have to tell hunters to turn the auto-taunt off on their pet and I ve seen MANY rets with Righteous Fury on.

I completely agree with the thoughts so far, DK's were new, confusing to most and eyed as an uber leet easy to level no hassle class.

Also what some people seem to be forgetting is the ones saying "but i see all kinds of great dk's, or i rarely see bad dk's" are usually people who play dk's as their mains.
    Now the best place to find terribad players these days is in LFG.
    How many times does a dk player get put in the same group with another dk? almost never.

So all of us other classes in LFG who get placed with dk's a lot see more of the terribad ones then some of the better dk players.

1frst month dk = suck b/c they are new...remember when you made you first toon didn't know what the hell you were doing

Presents time 1/2 of DK = suck...idk about that 1/2 that sucks

i'm a DK my self doing 7-10k dps people just need to learn there toons

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SRS_USRNAME

Alot of the preduice comes from the fact that so many newbies see DK - Starts @ lvl 55...

So alot of them skip 55 lvls of learning how not to be a tard.
    You have to have a 55 to make a DK.

There are a lot of bad DKs, but there are also a lot of bad warriors, priest, shamans, druids, warlocks, hunters, and rogues.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    You have to have a 55 to make a DK.

There are a lot of bad DKs, but there are also a lot of bad warriors, priest, shamans, druids, warlocks, hunters, and rogues.
    But never paladins. Only pros play pallies.

15+ Year Old Account

I KNEW I forgot a class....