Frost tank @ sindragosa

Just a quick question, wouldn't acclimation ***(assuming it stacks with frost resist aura/totem)*** be pretty godly for tanking sapph's frost breaths?

I think the ticking aura would pretty much guarantee acclimation uptime.

Re: Frost tank @ sindragosa

Afaik it can only proc from direct hits, and not constant aoe.

Even if I am wrong, frost damage on the MT is the least of your worries in that fight :P
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Deleted

I'd be worried about getting Chilled to the Bone stacks ridiculously fast as a Frost Tank on Sindragosa. Rogues and Ferals have to stop all the time, Frost hits just about as often as they do.

Assuming threat isnt an issue, CttB would be another source of acclimation uptime, even if you have to stop every so often.
    Plus, since her breaths slow melee swing speed (and it stacks), even a frost DK would generate less than d/w melee dps.

I haven't gotten to the fight in heroic, but even in normal mode p3 those breaths start hitting veeeeeeeeery hard.

It was just a thought, I'd consider it viable if it stacks with the aura/totem.

Deleted

I'm not sure about the Aura Ticks, but I know Acclimation doesn't work on DoT ticks, which CttB is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru
    I'd be worried about getting Chilled to the Bone stacks ridiculously fast as a Frost Tank on Sindragosa. Rogues and Ferals have to stop all the time, Frost hits just about as often as they do.

Can't a DK just ams to block the application after 5 secs have passed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz

Yeah you can AMS around ~5-6 seconds left and it'll drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan
    Even if I am wrong, frost damage on the MT is the least of your worries in that fight :P
    that comment is wrong, frost damage on MT is very much a worry in phase 3 when you have a stacking debuff making you take more magic damage.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz

AMS has a 45 second cooldown though, so you could use it once, maybe twice per ground phase. CTTB stacks ridiculously fast as Frost because of ToT, pretty much everything we do counts as 2 attacks, you'd have to stop attacking at some point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru
    AMS has a 45 second cooldown though, so you could use it once, maybe twice per ground phase. CTTB stacks ridiculously fast as Frost because of ToT, pretty much everything we do counts as 2 attacks, you'd have to stop attacking at some point anyway.
    Well yea but at least its somthing.

Meh, will just being through on my FR gear like I do my Protadin. When you negating 50%+ of the frost damage done, you can almost 2 heal it. I don't know why people insist on doing it with out FR gear. Making things trivial is greater then claiming to be UBER.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest