Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Throw a Little bomb in on the mix =D

I at first had never thought of it until I heard of the ensidia ban. Bt, since then i Have been fitting a saronite bomb in my rotation as unholy seeing as we have downtime in our rotation and not to mention the extra dps helps makes everything go by faster. Has anyone else ever gotten a tip from someone else's fail like this before?
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

Re: Throw a Little bomb in on the mix =D

I could be mistaken, but aren't bombs off the GCD anyways?
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

To my knowledge yes but you have to target with them which is a hassle to do in the middle of a rotation so better to do with your down time
    Unless you are really maxing out with the sapper charges which you don't worry about the targeting part =D
    P.S. I love blowing myself up
    Dear Blizzard
    Signed Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bake-o
    To my knowledge yes but you have to target with them which is a hassle to do in the middle of a rotation so better to do with your down time
    Unless you are really maxing out with the sapper charges which you don't worry about the targeting part =D
    P.S. I love blowing myself up
    It isn't if you arent a clicker.

7 Days for trolling
    -Zao

Quote Originally Posted by Intoeternity
    It isn't if you arent a clicker.
    Do you even use the bombs they have a radius you have to place on the ground like a mage's blizzard does so you will have to click regardless. I actually use a esdf setup on my key board so i can spam my q all the time.
    Dear Blizzard
    Signed Rock.

Do you even use the bombs they have a radius you have to place on the ground like a mage's blizzard does so you will have to click regardless. I actually use a esdf setup on my key board so i can spam my q all the time.
    If you weren't a clicker, you'd know very well your mouse isnt on top of your abilities, thus, moving your mouse to the target spot and left clicking your mouse is not hard to do during your rotation and will not hurt it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoeternity
    If you weren't a clicker, you'd know very well your mouse isnt on top of your abilities, thus, moving your mouse to the target spot and left clicking your mouse is not hard to do during your rotation and will not hurt it at all.
    I am not personally a pure keybinder on my dk. As there are a massive amount of spells to have so my initial rotations goes like this 1>2>q>q>a>w>shift+z>CLICK(god forbid) HoW> then proceed with second tier rotation.
    Yet on my priest I have key bound everything as disc as it is easy to go with like 5 spells and i am all about the simplification if one hand can zoom around my screen and one hit my keyboard better for me. I personally dont see the point in macroing my trinkets to a keybind when i can just as quickly find them place conviently in the middle of the screen
    Dear Blizzard
    Signed Rock.

10+ Year Old Account

You'll always lose time in your rotation using bombs without macros. The only way to completely eliminate this is to have a mouseover macro for your bombs which only requires one click or key stroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Is it irony that this post has become a fail and that its given me a tip of not making threads on mmo-champ because people will attack you for whatever reason?

15+ Year Old Account

I find it fairly amusing how this went from "have you ever found a helpful hint from something" to "clickers are bad kthzbai" in less than five total posts.

Don't argue with the troll, OP. It's what he wants you to do to derail the subject.

Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

So having small hands is clearly a liability because clickers fail at everything amirite?

More often than not, for things on the left side of my screen I will use the keyboard, for things on the right side, I will need to click. This works fine. Obviously skills I use most often are bound to 1-6. Other things, are 7-9 or unbound. In order to maintain the capability to move, it's not possible for me to use a fully bound skill set. Yet, I maintain very high dps, situational awareness, ect... better than most... how is that if clickers fail?

15+ Year Old Account

Guys. This isn't a mouse vs keybinds thread. Please stay on topic.

Clickers suck. And keybinding dk is easy, 12345, shift: 12345, shift q a d f e r t, normal r t f, shift space, mouse button middle, mousebutton 4 n 5, shift mouse middle 4 n 5 n so on. When you get used to it it comes more natural and requires no thought what so ever.

Clicker: oooh, im gonna aim for that button, almost there, oh, what the hell, im dead? I stood in what fire you say?,
    Clicker: what, the mob is behind me now? wait a sec, just gotta use my direction keys to move, ill be right there.

Haha, officially a clicker vs skilled wow'ers thread, enjoy, rage on.

You were asking for a ban, weren't you?
    14 Days by Zao

15+ Year Old Account

Zao has spoken!

Anyways, to get this back on topic, I'm actually wondering how to go about this as well. Do people normally just macro the item into a spell and click for the circle whenever that button is pressed? Or is there a way to make it so you don't have to click for that circle? ( Would a mouseover macro do that? Since someone mentioned one of those )

I would go and try a mouseover macro, but Engineering is one of those professions I've avoided mainly due to the cost of leveling it =/ ( I am thinking I might finally get rid of Scrip since I could easily just go buy the marks to get Exalted with the other dudes, although, it depends how much of a benefit it really is. )

Sort of offtopic question: Just how much of a DPS increase IS Engineering? Every where I look they seem to not be able to put an actual number on it, despite the benefits being seemingly easy to figure out. I'm not sure exactly how to figure out things like procs or other non-static benefits, or I'd go try and put a number myself.

I hadn't really considered the engineer route, BS/JC always just seemed like the smartest combo. I don't find that I have a whole lot of downtime during my rotation as Unholy. If I do, I usually reapply HoW or Bone Armor, hit ERW or Blood Tap, etc. There's always something constructive to do. But that could be because I'm a clicker, and contrary to all appearances, apparently not one of the best DKs on my server
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    All you're really going to gain is a slightly higher rank on world of logs, which is fine if that's what you're into. You know what I'm into? AFKing in dalaran while hot bitties swoon around me and my good looks.

15+ Year Old Account

BS/JC may be better. Myself, I've level'd BS before ( On my old Warrior ) and I never want to do that again. It's just not worth the little benefit it gives. As far as the rotation, it's actually pretty GCD-light. Not to mention, most of the stuff that Eng gives is off the GCD I believe ( I know bombs are, I would assume the gloves would be too. )

When you really think of it, Eng has the gloves chant ( Either the rocket, or the haste proc. I would think haste -> Garg would make the haste better. ) the boot chant, the back chant, and then the bombs. Like I said before, I'm not sure how to figure the use and such out on my own, so I'm unsure whether it's actually worth it.

I've been Engineering for over a year now (I actually dropped 450 blacksmithing to get it) and I absolutely love it. Sure, the other professions might be easier to model and spreadsheet, but you can't model and spreadsheet things like rocket boots. Rocket boots were absolutely amazing for the Wyrmrest Temple vision inside the Yogg brain room.

Saronite bombs are just like DnD, you have to push/click the button and click where you want it to go. There's no way to instantly drop DnD, nor is there a way to do it with Saronite Bombs. If someone does happen to find a way, I think we'd all appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd kill for that mouseover macro. I can target & drop the thing pretty fast, since I preplan a good few seconds ahead, but the less time I spend moving my mouse the better.

As for bombs: <3. Loved them on Anub heroic. I always forgot to NOT drop sapper charges in P3, though. Died so many times ><

I dropped Alchemy for Engineering only a week or so ago and i'm already in love. I did it because i was bored of alchemy, despite its raider-friendly buffs. I planned a couple of weeks in advance and went out farming ores like a madman and ended up only spending 200g total to get to 450.

According to EJ the glove enchant is 68 haste averaged, assuming you use it on cooldown every time. I'm playing around atm, macroing it to my scourge strike to see if every minute regardless or using smartly (gargoyle, procs etc) is better DPS wise.

I at first had never thought of it until I heard of the ensidia ban. Bt, since then i Have been fitting a saronite bomb in my rotation as unholy seeing as we have downtime in our rotation and not to mention the extra dps helps makes everything go by faster. Has anyone else ever gotten a tip from someone else's fail like this before?
    I don't know what kind of rotation you use but I'm a highend level raider and I have no downtime as unholy dk. If anything I'm racing before my runes come back up. You must be doing something wrong. Plus saronite bombs are bad for deathknights picking engineer as a dk is a bad raid choice you want jewelcrafting/mining or blacksmithing. Post what your rotation is please I would like to see it.